aspergers and vaping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

theddead

running with scissors since 1970
ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2014
Minneapolis, Minnesota
A few good people have discussed starting a thread for those of us with aspergers or possibly add/adhd.
Or whatever flavor you might have stamped on you.
Does vaping help get through a stressful day?
Do you vape as soon as you wake up? I do!
Do you have a reason why vaping relaxes, calms, or otherwise helps you during your day?
Or, is it a crutch?
Something you want to give up?
(Just please, respect everyone's opinion? Thanks :) )
want to talk to other vapers with the aspie outlook
Sound off.
If you have something to say,
Please share!
@NoFumus @AXIOM_1 @dcfluegel
@lanye

AXIOM_1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
  • Jul 6, 2015
    Pennsylvania, USA

Hey Brother, glad you started this Asperger Vaping thread for "our kind" and for anyone else who wants to join on in. :)

Not especially -- but my bottles of Xanax do :w00t: --- I suppose it helps, as it's like smoking was for me (sort of)
    That's the first thing I do upon waking --- take the biggest toke I can (actually about 10 of them)

Or, is it a crutch?

It's a crutch :)

(Just please, respect everyone's opinion? Thanks :) )

This aspie wishes I wouldn't block everything and everyone out when I am concentrating on something :( Another thing that bugs me is that I change interests/subjects too often. I may be into a programming language for a year or so and rather than design something with it I will switch to another programming language and start learning it. I haven't counted but I think I have learned around 15 to 20 programming languages. The problem with all of that is I am so busy switching languages and learning that I never get much actual software written lol ... Oh I have created a few little desktop applications but certainly nothing for bragging rights. But I am this way with every interest/subject and not just programming. :confused:

Okay, who's next to spill their guts??

Last edited:

NoFumus

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 27, 2015
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    I tried to get my aspie brother interested in vaping. I never really thought of him as a smoker, as he just smokes the cheapest possible cigars from the convenience store, and i thought that was just an occasional thing. Then I heard his cough.

He's an electronics technician, with a house that looks like an electronics surplus store after an explosion (Any Minnesotans familiar with Ax Mans? His picture is up at the counter). I figured he'd love the geek part of rebuilding. He can rebuild anything, if you're not adverse to duct tape. But, he wasn't interested. Nope, too different. Don't like different. I would have loved to try to change his mind, but I know better. No one changes an Aspie's way of thinking except that Aspie.

In my experience, many Aspies don't like change, at least not any that's suggested to them. I wonder if other Aspies face the added challenge of "it's different" in getting off the cigs.

Boden

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 7, 2012
    Lexington KY
    A few good people have discussed starting a thread for those of us with aspergers or possibly add/adhd.
    Or whatever flavor you might have stamped on you.
    I don't experience stress.

sometimes

Do you have a reason why vaping relaxes, calms, or otherwise helps you during your day?
    I like nicotine

Or, is it a crutch?
    crutches are made out of wood or metal.

nope

(Just please, respect everyone's opinion? Thanks :)
    want to talk to other vapers with the aspie outlook
    Sound off.
    One, Two :p

If you have something to say,
    Please share!
    @NoFumus @AXIOM_1 @dcfluegel
    @lanye
    Okay

AXIOM_1

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
  • Jul 6, 2015
    Pennsylvania, USA
    I tried to get my aspie brother interested in vaping. I never really thought of him as a smoker, as he just smokes the cheapest possible cigars from the convenience store, and i thought that was just an occasional thing. Then I heard his cough.

Sorry about his cough :( Gotta be careful because lots of cigar smokers I have known have gotten throat cancer. -- not trying to freak you out, just an observation I have made.

He's an electronics technician,

Electronics .... I like him already

if you're not adverse to duct tape.

I am partial to JB Weld / Elmers glue myself :w00t:

No one changes an Aspie's way of thinking except that Aspie.
    I wouldn't say that --- I am a male --- a pretty Woman can change my mind every time :w00t:
    I don't really know what you mean exactly especially since I am just coming to grips with finding out I am an Asperger dude. I don't know if people can change my mind or the way I think. I honestly don't know. Maybe I don't know because of denial or something, heck I don't know.

In my experience, many Aspies don't like change, at least not any that's suggested to them.

I hear you there. I am that way for sure. I suppose I am very predictable in my actions :eek:

I wonder if other Aspies face the added challenge of "it's different" in getting off the cigs.

I truly am stupid this morning (actually most of the time) and don't quite understand that statement/question. I don't think it was any different for me to quit smoking/chewing than a normal person. It's one tough pain in the a*s job to get accomplished and that's all I know about it. I don't imagine I had it any tougher though unless my anxiety problems caused me to lean more heavily on smoking or something.

NoFumus

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 27, 2015
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    I truly am stupid this morning (actually most of the time) and don't quite understand that statement/question

Maybe my statement made no sense. I guess I was thinking of my brother's response, "Nope, too different. Don't like different." Also, among the parents of Aspies, and I''ve talked to LOTS, I've often heard stories about the importance of routine, and that attempts to change routines or can be especially stressful. That said, moving past the habitual part of smoke is difficult, to say the least, for most smokers, so I can see it wouldn't be any different.

Boden

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 7, 2012
    Lexington KY
    Maybe my statement made no sense. I guess I was thinking of my brother's response, "Nope, too different. Don't like different." Also, among the parents of Aspies, and I''ve talked to LOTS, I've often heard stories about the importance of routine, and that attempts to change routines or can be especially stressful. That said, moving past the habitual part of smoke is difficult, to say the least, for most smokers, so I can see it wouldn't be any different.
    No two people are the same, only your brother could answer that question about himself.

AXIOM_1

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
  • Jul 6, 2015
    Pennsylvania, USA

Yes, I do not like changing routine much, so that fits me. The worst problem I probably have is when I am concentrating on something and somebody breaks my concentration. It makes me irritated to say the least and then I start looking like my avatar.

NoFumus

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 27, 2015
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Yes, I do not like changing routine much, so that fits me. The worst problem I probably have is when I am concentrating on something and somebody breaks my concentration. It makes me irritated to say the least and then I start looking like my avatar.

Yep, that's familiar.

NoFumus

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 27, 2015
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    I think that the Nicotine in Vaping helps with the ADD, kind of compounds on the Adderall to help me focus.

"According to psychopharmacologist Paul Newhouse, director of the Center for Cognitive Medicine at Vanderbilt University School of Medicine in Nashville, “Nicotinic receptors in the brain appear to work by regulating other receptor systems. If you’re sleepy, nicotine tends to make you more alert. If you’re anxious, it tends to calm you.”

AXIOM_1

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
  • Jul 6, 2015
    Pennsylvania, USA
    "According to psychopharmacologist Paul Newhouse, director of the Center for Cognitive Medicine at Vanderbilt University School of Medicine in Nashville, “Nicotinic receptors in the brain appear to work by regulating other receptor systems. If you’re sleepy, nicotine tends to make you more alert. If you’re anxious, it tends to calm you.”

Hey man, that is a most interesting factoid. Since I have always been anxiety ridden all my life then this would explain why it always had a calming effect on me.... It also explains why some other folks I have talked to said that it hypes them up.... Most fascinating.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread