ut6i67r76fiybn

Nov 21, 2017
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Duplicate

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Are you over 18? Any particular reason you need your dad's approval? There is a great case to be made for vaping for a former smoker, but that's really not you. I don't really have an arsenal of great reasons to vape for experimenters with vaping/smoking that aren't really addicted to anything yet. No one knows the long term effects of vaping, but it's pretty clear that it's a great deal safer than smoking, long term data just isn't there yet.

I don't tend to recommend that "experimenters" starting vaping routinely, it's not a good idea IMO. I suppose if you don't start smoking and you think you might if you don't start vaping, that's a decent reason. But really not otherwise. You could look around the forum and maybe do a search, there are a lot of scientific articles that show that vaping is... safer than smoking, by a large margin, there are even collections of articles. You aren't going to find one that says that picking up vaping as an almost-never-smoker is a great idea though, I can pretty much guarantee that.

If you must vape (oh, how I hate typing that sentence in these situations) then at least use 0 nic juices. FDA has approved most flavors for INGESTION, not inhaling (though I think there may be one or two that have) so inhaling flavors is also a bit of an unknown, though people don't seem to be dropping dead over it, but again, no long-term studies. So, I'd suggest unflavored, no nicotine vape as the safest option, if you must vape.

Why not find something else to present to your dad that will really thrill him, not vaping? Like, learn the flute, you will be inhaling and exhaling, it will be fantastic and improve your lung capacity. Take up a serious exercise habit. Etc., etc.

Good luck.

Anna

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I’ve got a good reason not to: nicotine is a vasoconstrictor. It makes your blood vessels temporarily smaller. This has fairly dire effects on people who are still growing, including in their brain. It also has some benefits like resistance to chron’s disease but that is an old people’s disease.

It’s just a bad idea.

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
Most people are gonna tell you the same thing ie : if you've never smoked or vaped you have no reason to start doing so. I do not support vaping for those who were never addicted to anything,but like our dear Anna told you, if you must vape do so with 0nic juices. We do not have long term studies from vaping yet so if i have one advice : Don't do it,but that's just me.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
there are hundreds of reasons to vape. I will give you the top four or so.

1. no tar to clog your lungs
2. no carbon monoxide from smoldering tobacco.
3. you no longer smell like an ash tray
4. no danger of the ember (cherry) falling burning you or clothes.
5. control your nicotine level
6. eJuice comes with tasty flavor
7. no inhaling fumes from potassium Nitrate (a component in gun powder.
8. Cigarettes are FULL of carcinogens (4000 chemicals)

I smoked 38 years when I found vaping I tried everything but CHANTIX to break the nicotine habit.

been vaping 4.5 years. next month I will celebrate 2 years nicotine free

hey!
I have never smoked (well I have tried it and I have also tried vaping) but I don't do any of them, I am some one who values my dads approval and I think it would be more respectable to ask and present my case to him to vape. can someone please help with reasons to vape, positive reasons would be best?

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
The only positive reason I can see for vaping is to help smokers become non-smokers. I can also see it as an aid for morbidly obese folks if vaping will keep them from eating so much. @stols001 gave you lots of reasons not to do it.

smacuser

Total Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    FWIW, cognitive reasoning in a male brain doesn't fully developed until the age of 25.

But, to side with the OP, vaping zero nic can be a less harmful stress reducer compared to other alternatives our younger folks seem to face.

Last edited:

1/2 fast

ECF Veteran
    Dec 3, 2013
    SW Ohio
    I vape to not smoke. After 47 years as a smoker it’s the only thing that keeps me off cigarettes.

Take up a new sport/hobby or anything that can interest you or improve your life. Don’t pick up a habit or addiction. You’ll thank yourself many times later in life. Just my two pennies worth.........

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
    ECF Veteran
    May 22, 2010
    Central GA
    Anyone who isn't addicted to nicotine already shouldn't vape or smoke. Why add another addiction that you didn't already have? Most all of us here are former smokers who found vaping to be a reliable quitting method. We tried to quit cold turkey and failed. Vaping worked to get us off cigarettes and satisfies the hand to mouth habit, (for me, anyway).

Don't create a habit that you don't need.

Last edited:

bobwho77

ECF Veteran
    May 8, 2014
    Ypsilanti mi
    Have you tried building model airplanes?
    How about needlepoint?
    Fly fishing, maybe?
    Sounds like you're just looking for for a new hobby.
    I don't think that (after all it ultimately costs many of us) anybody here would recommend vaping to anyone who wasn't already addicted to nicotine.

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 15, 2013
    KY
    I can not think of one reason to begin vaping except as an aid to smoking cessation.

hey!
    I have never smoked (well I have tried it and I have also tried vaping) but I don't do any of them, I am some one who values my dads approval and I think it would be more respectable to ask and present my case to him to vape. can someone please help with reasons to vape, positive reasons would be best?

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 15, 2013
    KY
    I had wondered why, after seventy-two years, I have become what is known in some circles as a "chick magnet". Now, I would never use such language myself, but it is descriptive. I thank you for bringing this to my attention, I may have to exercise some vaping discretion to keep my happy home intact.

I have not been able to keep the women off of me since I started vaping. It's like a curse. I started vaping to quit smoking. Unbeknownst to me, it makes you irresistible. :eek:

Wraith504

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 25, 2014
    New Orleans, LA
    Sounds under aged to me. I agree with everyone else that says if you need permission from a parent than you shouldn't do it. There are much more constructive things you can do to occupy your time. RC cars, Models, Puzzles, Reading books/comics etc. building stuff with some scrap wood, Ride a bike, skateboarding or skating, rc helicopters are cool and can be flown indoors or outdoors depending on model, etc.

bood

Sep 16, 2017
    doesnt make a lot of sense to start vaping in a world where you never smoke and never smoked..unless your 50 60s or something and you wanna try things in life that you didnt and never been passioned for, so you try them just for the sake of it

but you're young keep your health in poleposition as long as you can
    vape as later as possible
    dont vape if you dont need nicotine vaping has to do with a need , and in particular with stopping the need for tobacco and cigarettes first, and nicotine later

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread