Aspire Atlantis owner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darryl Licht

Ultra Member
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2015
So Cal
it's really easy to re wick the coils with cotton and they last ten times longer. i haven't bought a new coil in a month... just saying. I've also found those stock coils favor pg more then vg.

And that seems really odd to me, because my higher VG juices seem far less prone to the burn. Opposite from what I expect, yet there it is.

I may have to look into rewicking the coils.

Sorry Tex:

My experience is the opposite with both the Atlantis and my Kanger subtank (stock) coils. Higher PG stuff gurgles and spits and I have to turn down the wattage or it'll burn the wicking. High VG 80-99% doesn't gurgle, spit, or burn my coils. I am rotating 4 coils right now among my 2 Atlantis tanks, I soak my coils in hot water at each flavor change then dry overnight on my cable modem. I'm going on past 2 weeks/coil with this system and using high or max vg only juices.

I started with the kangertech subtank originally, loved the vape production, flavour and especially the volume of juice it held. However, the first one I bought started leaking above the airflow holes (due to a faulty o-ring i assumed), I exchanged it for a new one and less than two weeks later the same leaking started again. I exchanged it today for the atlantis and so far WOW! Great flavour and vape production, holds less juice but oh well. I guess time will tell with any leakage.

Darryl Licht

Ultra Member
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2015
So Cal
I started with the kangertech subtank originally, loved the vape production, flavour and especially the volume of juice it held. However, the first one I bought started leaking above the airflow holes (due to a faulty o-ring i assumed), I exchanged it for a new one and less than two weeks later the same leaking started again. I exchanged it today for the atlantis and so far WOW! Great flavour and vape production, holds less juice but oh well. I guess time will tell with any leakage.

Funny, I've got the same leak at the bottom seal on my stm. Even used the replacement o-ring that came with it, still leaks! I'm gonna give the colored stm O-rings in case they revised them.

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
My first tank was the nautilus mini. Atlantis was the second. Then an egrip with RBA, then a Kanger sub tank with RBA. After all that my favorite vape is still the N mini with the bvc coils. The problem with that is the coils are done pretty fast, the cost adds up. Shouldn't here be a way to get the same vapor and flavor from a rebuildable as I'm getting from the N mini? That's my quest right now. I still use all my tanks. It's just that the n mini, at 9-14 watts, is my favorite.

juicynoos

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
"Paradox", French West Indies
My first tank was the nautilus mini. Atlantis was the second. Then an egrip with RBA, then a Kanger sub tank with RBA. After all that my favorite vape is still the N mini with the bvc coils. The problem with that is the coils are done pretty fast, the cost adds up. Shouldn't here be a way to get the same vapor and flavor from a rebuildable as I'm getting from the N mini? That's my quest right now. I still use all my tanks. It's just that the n mini, at 9-14 watts, is my favorite.

I have to agree with you, I still like the flavor and vapor from the nauti mini. That quest led to me getting an Origen rda. If you think about the way the atomizer on the bvc is set up you can mess with similar configurations of vertical coils with wicking either through or around the coil, and the air flow control is really similar also. Closest vape I have found to match it from an rda but you have to play around with the builds.

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
I have to agree with you, I still like the flavor and vapor from the nauti mini. That quest led to me getting an Origen rda. If you think about the way the atomizer on the bvc is set up you can mess with similar configurations of vertical coils with wicking either through or around the coil, and the air flow control is really similar also. Closest vape I have found to match it from an rda but you have to play around with the builds.
Yesterday I built my first coil. It was on a Kanger sub mini, 28g kanthal hoping for 1.8 ohms and ended up with 1.7. That brought me a lot closer to the N mini experience. Then I sqeezed down the air supply to about the same as the N mini an got closer still. Next the plan is to try a 2.1 ohm coil. There may be a hot spot on the 1.7 ohm coil, beginner mistake..

juicynoos

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
"Paradox", French West Indies
There is no reason why those re builder's out there can't generate an Atlantis coil to suit there individual needs other than the issue of the legs on the coil.
So far, I have been using mostly the original coils on rebuilds but would like to try for coils of 1 ohm or higher.

Does anyone make their own coils using nr-r-nr wire and if so, do you crimp the kanthal and nickel together or use some other method/gadget?

I know many long time vapers have used atomizers like the GG odysseus, penelope or ithaka early versions which required the use of nickel (non-resistance) wire so please chime in.:unsure:

militantomg

ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2015
NYC

The thinner juices will leak with the OCC heads ive noticed if they aren't super tight, also going through drastic changes in temperature can cause a bit of leaking through the air flow controls. Sorry you couldn't get it working right as I much prefer the subtanks to the atlantis, but if its working for you, keep on rocking with it.

Texasbox

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2015
Dallas,Tx
someone really should tell aspire to build their coils horizontally. i just built one using 26 gauge 7 wraps .9 @24 watts rocks like 32 on a stock coil. The flavor is ten times stronger and the clouds are still there if not bigger. i think this is due to more air flow around the coil and more coil on the wick. this is just awesome!

Sent from the dust in front of you!

rebar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2011
iowa
Hey people..

I just received a combo of Istick / Atlantis. I let some zombie apocalypse soak for a half hour and attempted to test it out. I screwed it in a little ways and test fired and heard the sizzle at 13w. So I screwed it in further but got more resistance than my nautilus so I stopped before it bottomed out even though my nautilis bottoms out easy on a different istick. Tested again and nothing except a slight buzzing from the istick. Later I realized there was a delay between when I pushed the button and when it began to fire. So I took a drag..

Holly crap.. What is up? It made me cough hard and hardly any vapor.

I must be doing something wrong, but why would you need such a airy draw? And why air holes on top?

What am I doing wrong?

I've found that my last two 5 pack orders of 0.5Ω coils are lasting much longer, I think the all cottons are well into the supply chain now.
Anyone else notice this?

A few months ago I decided to make my own e-liquid to save money and before I started messing around with flavors, loaded up my atlantis with just plain flavorless and gave it a try. It's been two months and still haven't gotten around to flavoring it since not only is it not bad at all... but my coils don't get nasty. I went to clean the first coil after a month of vaping only to find out it's still all nice shiny metal. No build-up or anything. I still threw it in the ultrasonic cleaner with the atlantis parts first in grain alcohol, then distilled water just to make sure to kill off any bugs... dried it out with some compressed air, and back to vaping. Two months later i'm still on the same coil. haha. While I miss some of the flavors, I certainly don't miss paying for a new coil every week or two depending on the flavoring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread