Status
Not open for further replies.

HazyShades

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2015
Sandbox, USSA
Hazy,
The new coils are supposed to be all Japanese Organic cotton, I emailed Kidney Puncher who is selling them and they also verified they are indeed 100% cotton. I ordered a package and they're on their way. I will most likely sacrifice the first out of the pack to the vape Gods to verify for myself they're legit.

Meagan :laugh:

I love the way you write as if your sending a letter.
You're singing my song with all the chemtrail talk BTW :D

Yup, I know we sing the same song, Meagan. It's sing along with..Oh never mind.
I'm glad you said you'd sacrifice a coil. It's like you read my mind..Uhmmm. :)

Please let us know ASAP.

Mr Hazy (I love it when you call me Mr ;-)

Mike 586

ECF Veteran
Dec 6, 2014
Ottawa
I have had an Atlantis for almost 2 months now....with no issues. Many people have and use the Atlantis with no issues either. :confused:

Same here man.

But you'll get wing nuts every week making mountains out of mole hills exaggerating their experience or just outright lying about it for drama. You'll get several mentions of the screen "meant to capture chunks of wicking material" when in reality its just there to hold the wick in place and reduce juice spitting, you'll get guys calling it fiber glass, you''ll get a few other random bits of false information from guys pulling 'facts' from thin air.

Basically just from what is said, a lot of guys are going to rule themselves out as know nothings based on their erroneous statements. For all anyone here knows, cotton could be 100x more harmful than that ceramic paper. But they're familiar with cotton, everyone baselessly trusts it because its organic. Poison oak is organic, but you won't find me rubbing it on my body or trying to smoke it.

Personally I'll use whatever wick or material gives me the best vape that I'm comfortable using until some authority on the subject comes along with actual proof that x material is safe or y material isn't.

The simple fact of the matter is right now we just don't know which is better or worse and consumer demand, not science is driving the industry on some points.

jefx

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2015
Chicago burbs
I think the terms ceramic and fiberglass are simply a matter of semantics. No one really knows what "ceramic paper" is, or if it's just a term coined by Aspire for marketing purpose. "Ceramic" is a broad definition that can refer to many things....Just like "fiberglass". Whatever the wick is, It's a fibrous, silica-like, grainy substance.
Fiberglass, ceramic, whatever.

People used to really like asbestos too.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
But you'll get wing nuts every week making mountains out of mole hills exaggerating their experience or just outright lying about it for drama. You'll get several mentions of the screen "meant to capture chunks of wicking material" when in reality its just there to hold the wick in place and reduce juice spitting, you'll get guys calling it fiber glass, you''ll get a few other random bits of false information from guys pulling 'facts' from thin air.

I don't care what it's *called*, and I don't care about the screen. I don't care what Aspire uses as a description.

But I do care about what my own eye can see.....when I see multiple YouTubes and users here who are holding wicks where you can see all these little fibers all over their fingertips. Which shouldn't be. As well as the color changing on the chambers, which some people orig. thought was rust, but was probably chrome coating flaking off to expose the brass underneath.

If Aspire has corrected some of these things, we CAN thank the vapers (who you call wing-nuts) for spending time and effort, following up with the company, and pressuring them for answers as to what we are buying and vaping with.

Ditto, earlier mods that did not have vent holes and such.

It's not called drama, it's called *self-policing*. Thankfully, there are vapers who are holding manufacturer's feet to the fire. It sure beats denial, IMHO.

HazyShades

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2015
Sandbox, USSA
I don't care what it's *called*, and I don't care about the screen. I don't care what Aspire uses as a description.

But I do care about what my own eye can see.....when I see multiple YouTubes and users here who are holding wicks where you can see all these little fibers all over their fingertips. Which shouldn't be. As well as the color changing on the chambers, which some people orig. thought was rust, but was probably chrome coating flaking off to expose the brass underneath.

If Aspire has corrected some of these things, we CAN thank the vapers (who you call wing-nuts) for spending time and effort, following up with the company, and pressuring them for answers as to what we are buying and vaping with.

Ditto, earlier mods that did not have vent holes and such.

It's not called drama, it's called *self-policing*. Thankfully, there are vapers who are holding manufacturer's feet to the fire. It sure beats denial, IMHO.

Way to go, Racehorse. You're ahead by much more than a nose.
I'll mention here that wingnuts are so much cooler than regular NUTZ
'cause we have neat mickey mouse ears to help us turn...

Now a little on "ceramic paper" and fiberglass;
Fiberglass is a material consisting of extremely fine filaments of glass that are combined in yarn and woven into fabrics, used in masses as a thermal and acoustical insulator, or embedded in various resins to make boat hulls, fishing rods, and the like. I'll spare folks the definition of glass,
but fiberglass is made of silica:
How fiberglass is made - material, used, processing, components, dimensions, composition, product, industry, machine, Raw Materials, The Manufacturing Process of fiberglass, Quality Control

Ceramic paper is a dielectric paper made from ceramic fibers.
"Ceramic Fiber Paper, which is an alumino-silicate ceramic fiber-based non-woven fabric."
Here, read all about what it is and how it's made:
Ceramic Fiber Paper - Ceramic Fiber Board, Ceramic Fiber Paper Manufacturer

After y'all read that then you can read this:
http://ntp.niehs.nih.gov/ntp/roc/content/profiles/ceramicfibers.pdf

"Exposure of rats to ceramic fibers by inhalation caused benign or
malignant lung tumors in rats of unspecified sex"

So you see jeff, mike, and Virginia, there is danger will robinson
and it's not a matter of "semantics".
It's a matter of whether you get cancer 'cause you're trying to not get cancer.

Regards,
Hazy The Wingnut :smokie:

Last edited:

HazyShades

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2015
Sandbox, USSA
  • Deleted by Robino1
  • Reason: Deleted per OP request :) Site hiccuped LOL

HazyShades

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2015
Sandbox, USSA
  • Deleted by Robino1
  • Reason: Deleted per OP request :) Site hiccuped LOL

Vapey_McVape

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2015
Los Angeles
The reason they dont officially change the coil materials is because they will be hit with the ....ing backlash of backlash and no one will trust them anymore. I dont trust them for .... now even if they switch to ....ing cotton coils... Knowing them they're going to use cheapass chinese cotton thats been bleached and treated to no end.

Shai74

May 4, 2015
I recently bought a ipv mini with an Aspire Atlantis along with five coils included in a package. Well, I took the tank and primed the coil up good until it was wet. The first day was good. I used 65% VG juice at 6mg nicotine. The second day, while the coil was still new, the spitting started. It was not ejuice, but BITS of the wick!! I had a 0.5 ohm coil at 30 watts.

The flavor was good, beautiful clouds. But I noticed that I got bits into my mouth. I started hacking up my lungs, my throat hurt, and the god awful might-the-death-reaper-give-me-death burnt taste started. It was a day old coil but I knew they weren't duds. I changed the coil, primed it, added new juice to the tank. I tried 30% VG/70% PG mix. After first ten pulls, the terrible taste and hard bits started.

The capacity was lousy too. A measly 2.5 ml. I coughed and coughed until I was blue in the face. It hurt.

I was very desperate. Until my friend who works at the vape shop in my location recommended the Kanger Subtank to me but I demanded to see the coil first. I saw that the kanger OCC coils had just metal coils with ORGANIC Japanese cotton. It cost me $55 for a 6 ML subtank. I tried hers first, she had the nano which is 4.5 ml. Her vape tasted sweet and there were no hard bits being spit by the coil. I noticed that the coils didn't have any ceramic or no chemical taste to them.

I was sold and I bought the 6 ml subtank today, and guess what? My vape is finally much better than the Atlantis. No burning taste as she said, because she had her first coil last a week and still going strong. No more coughing and hacking up those nasty bits. I strongly believe that the Aspire Atlantis should be BANNED until they make their coils without ceramic and with just wire and organic Japanese cotton. I recommend the subtank, it's a whole lot better and lower price in the longer run. No burning taste.

A pack of kanger OCC coils cost just $16.00 while a pack of those dangerous aspire Atlantis BVC coils cost a whopping $25.00 dollars!!! For lousy coils that burn every ten puffs, even with thin juice. If you rebuild the coils, then you are good. But still the subtank beats the Atlantis in cost, efficiency, capacity, safety, and better coils. You can also rebuild the kanger coils, and they are easier to rebuild than the aspire coils. 6 ml sure beats 2.5 ml. Also, no gurgling in the subtank.

Phew. Seriously, trust me and save your lungs by getting the subtank. Your lungs and wallet would thank you very much. My lungs are better and I'm in vaping heaven now. Please fellow vapers, AVOID THE ASPIRE ATLANTIS AND GET THE KANGER SUBTANK!!!!!!!!!!!

It's weird isn't it, because I have a couple of Kanger tanks and I hate them. Mostly because out of a pack of 5 coils I always get 1 to 2 that fail right off. On the other hand I have 2 Aspire Nautilus Mini's and an Atlantis and I love them. Haven't had a bad coil, and they seem to last so much longer. Also, they're nicely made.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread