Status
Not open for further replies.

bloodqueensaya

Verified Member
Dec 29, 2014
San Marcos, TX
I recently bought a ipv mini with an Aspire Atlantis along with five coils included in a package. Well, I took the tank and primed the coil up good until it was wet. The first day was good. I used 65% VG juice at 6mg nicotine. The second day, while the coil was still new, the spitting started. It was not ejuice, but BITS of the wick!! I had a 0.5 ohm coil at 30 watts.

The flavor was good, beautiful clouds. But I noticed that I got bits into my mouth. I started hacking up my lungs, my throat hurt, and the god awful might-the-death-reaper-give-me-death burnt taste started. It was a day old coil but I knew they weren't duds. I changed the coil, primed it, added new juice to the tank. I tried 30% VG/70% PG mix. After first ten pulls, the terrible taste and hard bits started.

The capacity was lousy too. A measly 2.5 ml. I coughed and coughed until I was blue in the face. It hurt.

I was very desperate. Until my friend who works at the vape shop in my location recommended the Kanger Subtank to me but I demanded to see the coil first. I saw that the kanger OCC coils had just metal coils with ORGANIC Japanese cotton. It cost me $55 for a 6 ML subtank. I tried hers first, she had the nano which is 4.5 ml. Her vape tasted sweet and there were no hard bits being spit by the coil. I noticed that the coils didn't have any ceramic or no chemical taste to them.

I was sold and I bought the 6 ml subtank today, and guess what? My vape is finally much better than the Atlantis. No burning taste as she said, because she had her first coil last a week and still going strong. No more coughing and hacking up those nasty bits. I strongly believe that the Aspire Atlantis should be BANNED until they make their coils without ceramic and with just wire and organic Japanese cotton. I recommend the subtank, it's a whole lot better and lower price in the longer run. No burning taste.

A pack of kanger OCC coils cost just $16.00 while a pack of those dangerous aspire Atlantis BVC coils cost a whopping $25.00 dollars!!! For lousy coils that burn every ten puffs, even with thin juice. If you rebuild the coils, then you are good. But still the subtank beats the Atlantis in cost, efficiency, capacity, safety, and better coils. You can also rebuild the kanger coils, and they are easier to rebuild than the aspire coils. 6 ml sure beats 2.5 ml. Also, no gurgling in the subtank.

Phew. Seriously, trust me and save your lungs by getting the subtank. Your lungs and wallet would thank you very much. My lungs are better and I'm in vaping heaven now. Please fellow vapers, AVOID THE ASPIRE ATLANTIS AND GET THE KANGER SUBTANK!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

wheelie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2014
Ont. Canada
www.independentont.com
I refuse to use any ASPIRE products because of their ceramic wicks. Even the smaller ones have it around the outside which breaks down after a few rebuilds. I have close to 40 different tanks and zero are ASPIRE. Thank you for your report as it is much appreciated. I have heard about this happening from all their newer tanks. CHEERS!.

Last edited:

NOVA jon

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2014
Northern virginia
I love my Atlantis! First coil, probably run close to 100ml of juice before I changed it. No complaints or problems with coils chunking pieces of wick for me. Sucks you got a dud, I want a sub mini tho, just to compare and the plug and play factor of these tanks is awesome plus they have nickel coils too!!!

Good times!!

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
I recently bought a ipv mini with an Aspire Atlantis along with five coils included in a package. Well, I took the tank and primed the coil up good until it was wet. The first day was good. I used 65% VG juice at 6mg nicotine. The second day, while the coil was still new, the spitting started. It was not ejuice, but BITS of the wick!! I had a 0.5 ohm coil at 30 watts. The flavor was good, beautiful clouds. But I noticed that I got bits into my mouth. I started hacking up my lungs, my throat hurt, and the god awful might-the-death-reaper-give-me-death burnt taste started. It was a day old coil but I knew they weren't duds. I changed the coil, primed it, added new juice to the tank. I tried 30% VG/70% PG mix. After first ten pulls, the terrible taste and hard bits started.

Yup, a bunch of people know that their ceramic might not be safe to vape once things go south and AFAIK Aspire have not explained things too well.

However, how did you know that 'they weren't duds' when bits of the wick were being spit at you with no juice on them (and how does that even happen!?)? And why would you continue to use the system when there was obviously something very wrong happening with it? Not making much sense to me bloodqueensaya.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Don't own one, bit I would never take the advice of someone that cannot even format their post.

Looks like one giant run on...................

Sounds a lot like you are doing all possible to Promote Kanger(which I own plenty) more so than resolving an issue many others seem to not have. Not saying it doesn't happen but the Atlantis has a lot of followers.

How about some Pics of those failed coils. You have peaked my interest.
Were they Authentic or OEM/replacement off brands?
Was the tank even authentic? I know of at least 1/2 dozen identical looking Clones.

MrsMojoRisin

Verified Member
Nov 21, 2014
Commonwealth of Massachusetts
I just ordered the cotton heads from Kidney Puncher today. I even emailed them to verify they are indeed authentic Aspire Cotton Coils and they stand by the fact they are. My Atlantis had been shelved since the beginning of January while Aspire worked it out, I'm pretty stoked to put it back in the rotation. Ordered earlier today and already got a tracking number. :)

Rucerius

Verified Member
Dec 29, 2014
Jupiter, Fl
Sounds spammy to me... But I am also concerned about the Aspire ceramic/fiberglass coils. If I would have know about that before I purchased a Nautilus, I would have gotten something else. But, I've never had a coil spit at me.
The new Atlantis coils are organic cotton wicks, I don't know if they changed the Nautilus coils yet or not. Also, it's ceramic cloth not fiberglass (major difference but both are bad to inhale). I know the old Nautilus coils (ceramic cloth wick) wicked just fine but there's a new "style" out now with elongated holes for wicking which leads me to believe they did change something. I don't have any of the new Nautilus coils yet to take one apart to see if they changed the wicking yet or not.

Regarding the OP, something smells fishy here....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread