Aspire sub ohm with RDA

Status
Not open for further replies.

rjr90

May 22, 2015
Hey guys, I've been vaping my aspire sub ohm batt with the troll rda by watofo. Some guy at the vape shop built a dual coil in it. I honestly don't know the ohms of the coils but my question is: the top part of the battery get quite hot while vaping, mostly the metal area around the button. And of course the rda gets hot. Is it safe to vape on, and is the heat something to worry about?

ElevenEleven

ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2015
Alright, the battery puts out 4.2v what would you think a proper resistance would be and I will build one and get a meter to check
Its not the voltage you need to worry about, its the amperage. Aspire has a video about their CF Subohm battery and they claim it to be 40 amps. Now, I don't believe their claim and its probably either a 20 or 30 amp battery. I'm assuming you have the mod without the replaceable battery. If so, .5 ohms is what it was made for. I'd assume it could handle lower, maybe around .3-.4 ohms, but I'm not sure.

Robert Dean

May 10, 2015
Cincinnati, Ohio
Hey guys, I've been vaping my aspire sub ohm batt with the troll rda by watofo. Some guy at the vape shop built a dual coil in it. I honestly don't know the ohms of the coils but my question is: the top part of the battery get quite hot while vaping, mostly the metal area around the button. And of course the rda gets hot. Is it safe to vape on, and is the heat something to worry about?
I'd say no, for the fact that you don't know the resistance. Now, troll is a great atty, and I'd suggest that you had a great idea to get a reader and build your own. The build I'd suggest for that mod would be 26awg A1 kanthal around the blue screwdriver that came with the troll, and about 10 wraps per coil. Should come out to about .52, .53 and give you tons of surface area. It ought to Vape like a dream! Let me know!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread