• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

At last... Success

Status
Not open for further replies.

FisherPal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2009
Campbell River, BC
WTG, brinks! Congrats! I'll bet that practically every one of us here on this forum had resigned ourselves to our smoking addiction before discovering vaping. We never thought it could happen and, when it does, there's nothing else to describe the feeling of freedom. You know that every one of us here feels your happiness and amazement that something finally worked! And, not only did it work, but hell ... it's fun too! Doesn't get any better, does it? :)

way to go!
I'm in the same boat-still smoking cigarettes and working on my vaping skills. I think alot of my desire to smoke still is due to not having e juices that I love/ the right attys. I really like jugheads organic vanilla & jokesmoke isn't bad but my cigs still win out. Have lots of juice coming from a couple of other vendors (US and CAN), so when I get them I hope to be more satisfied with flavour. I also have 501 LR attys, a 306-something and something else I can drip with coming....hoping everything will flow together and I will get that 'wow' factor vaping. I'd love to be smoke free.

brinks7

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2011
Belleville ON
I think what got me over the hump was a combination of finally finding the right set up for me. I vape 24 mg on my Evo or lavatube with a stardust and flavour is key. Also a few months ago I had a very close friend drop dead of heart failure at 33 years old. As well I am about to be a dad for the second time in a few weeks. So I guess lots of motivation and the right set up. Don't get me wrong it was still hard for the first few days but with vapeing the difficult stage passes much quicker then with out. Good luck to the both of you. It can be done just takes patience and the right juice. I have found leaning on the comraderie of ecf to be a big boost as well

LKSkang

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2012
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
I think what got me over the hump was a combination of finally finding the right set up for me. I vape 24 mg on my Evo or lavatube with a stardust and flavour is key. Also a few months ago I had a very close friend drop dead of heart failure at 33 years old. As well I am about to be a dad for the second time in a few weeks. So I guess lots of motivation and the right set up. Don't get me wrong it was still hard for the first few days but with vapeing the difficult stage passes much quicker then with out. Good luck to the both of you. It can be done just takes patience and the right juice. I have found leaning on the comraderie of ecf to be a big boost as well

You have a lot to live for as do many of us... but I found that I always failed at quitting before because I actually enjoyed smoking... the feeling, the socializing, the 'get away from work for a bit' part of it... and my realization is, I won't quit unless I WANT to quit, not SHOULD quit.

This is where e-cigs have helped me... I don't have to give up those things and instead, get some bonuses on top!!

Getting the right set-up is very important as I found that a lot of people didn't make it because by using the wrong set-up it actually deterred them from continuing with e-cigs.

I started with a Joyetech eGo-T, then got a Janty Neo Classic Auto, then picked up some Stardusts, then some eGo-T type B. I've been rotating them and still haven't found my perfect set-up... been researching Genesis Line V2 but might be a little annoying to maintain/fix/buy... especially here in Canada.

Looks like you've been on the path a little longer than I have and I hope you keep going :toast:

redmerc

ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2012
Ontario, Canada
It's been a couple of months for me and I really wondered if I could do it at first. Now and then I have a smoke, but it's not a need anymore. I could never have another smoke again and not miss it, which is something I found hard to imagine. It's nice to not be a slave to cigarettes anymore. I still get the nic from vaping, but even then I've got that down to 12mg and things are great.

It only gets easier so take heart.

kingcobra

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 17, 2011
Canada
Congrats to all who have made it, and to those who haven't yet, I can tell you that I have recently begun my smoke free journey as well. I've commented many times on here that I had no plans on quitting unless it was going to be relatively easy. So in my prior attempts it always came down to too powerful a hankering for a cigarette after just a few hours. So it was always a matter of not getting enough nic from vaping. I started at 24, moved to 30 mg, that still wasn't enough. So I doctored up some juice and bumped it to 36 mg, and FINALLY had something I could vape and keep from reaching for one of those damn things.

So it's day 5 of that, it hasn't been a walk in the park by any means but between my resolve and my 36 mg juices I've gotten over the hump and am now pretty confident I will make it. I came close to failing on day 3, I still have a pack of analogs in my desk drawer in my home office, I took them out and checked them out, man they were pretty stale already, and I put them back. They are still there and the plan is to see them rot there :)

So the pain is less now, I do need to see myself at some point soon feeling as good as I did when I was doing both. I'd smoke a cigarette and then vape in between, didn't enjoy the cigarette as much but it relaxed me and the vaping made me feel even better. The plan is to get to the point where I feel even better than that, and I'm hoping that this comes soon.

So to those who have made it to the top of the mountain, what are the expectations and timeline here? I'm not in this game to be free of cigarettes per se, the money saved and the health benefits are just a bonus, I want to feel better. When's that going to start? :D

LKSkang

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2012
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Congrats to all who have made it, and to those who haven't yet, I can tell you that I have recently begun my smoke free journey as well. I've commented many times on here that I had no plans on quitting unless it was going to be relatively easy. So in my prior attempts it always came down to too powerful a hankering for a cigarette after just a few hours. So it was always a matter of not getting enough nic from vaping. I started at 24, moved to 30 mg, that still wasn't enough. So I doctored up some juice and bumped it to 36 mg, and FINALLY had something I could vape and keep from reaching for one of those damn things.

So it's day 5 of that, it hasn't been a walk in the park by any means but between my resolve and my 36 mg juices I've gotten over the hump and am now pretty confident I will make it. I came close to failing on day 3, I still have a pack of analogs in my desk drawer in my home office, I took them out and checked them out, man they were pretty stale already, and I put them back. They are still there and the plan is to see them rot there :)

So the pain is less now, I do need to see myself at some point soon feeling as good as I did when I was doing both. I'd smoke a cigarette and then vape in between, didn't enjoy the cigarette as much but it relaxed me and the vaping made me feel even better. The plan is to get to the point where I feel even better than that, and I'm hoping that this comes soon.

So to those who have made it to the top of the mountain, what are the expectations and timeline here? I'm not in this game to be free of cigarettes per se, the money saved and the health benefits are just a bonus, I want to feel better. When's that going to start? :D

congrats on day 5!!

i would think it's different for everyone as to when it'll get easier... for me, it was day 1... never even noticed... but then again, i was only smoking half a pack a day on most days.

what i did notice is that i am a lot more sensitive to smoke now... when i'm vaping while my friends/colleagues are smoking, i tend to take a step back lol

i did have a cigarette while on vacation because my friend just asked me to try this menthol capsule thingie on a cigarette... it felt like when you have a cigarette when you're sick... didn't feel good anymore. also, the menthol flavour was BARELY there, probably because juice is just so much more flavourful :)

anyway, didn't answer your question, but just wanted to let you know some of the changes that you may start to notice which are signs you're on the right path... :toast:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread