Atomizer / Cartomizer for life....

Status
Not open for further replies.

WillyB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2009
USA
... Willy, you are actually right my friend. Why bother fiddling if it works so good? And no, it aint broke.... :) I did however have some leakage a few days ago when I carried the cig upside down in my pocket.

That reminds of an old joke. A patient tells his doctor "my arm hurts when I hold it that, what should I do"? The Doctor replies "don't hold it like that".

:laugh:

l3oertjie

ECF Veteran
Aug 26, 2009
South Africa
l3oertjie, I hope you don't mind if I steal a little inspiration from your creation. Looks like I have devised a way to make it a little easier for me to deal with. Working thru supply problems at the moment.

Well, I will mind unless you show us your creation or at least tell us about it? :)

WillyB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2009
USA
For me the main thing about l3oertjie's system is the novel no-solder coil replacement. The wicking is not that important as I'll be using it in my invert-to-pump ....-feeding juicer.

To be able to quickly change coils (and ohms) for mere pennies is great. Nothing better than a new atty every 2 weeks. And if a simple brushing removes the crud that's just icing on the cake.

asdaq

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
poland, and the brassy lands of google
For me the main thing about l3oertjie's system is the novel no-solder coil replacement. The wicking is not that important as I'll be using it in my invert-to-pump ....-feeding juicer.

To be able to quickly change coils (and ohms) for mere pennies is great. Nothing better than a new atty every 2 weeks. And if a simple brushing removes the crud that's just icing on the cake.

Exactly. Or with a suckaton :) Those benefits plus that the construction could be shortened considerably have got me going.

Scubabatdan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2009
Dothan, AL
A culmination of you idea with the soldered SS needles and the SUCKaTON with the atty I have been working on looks to be a win win situation. It would resolve the need for batting/foam material and allow for quick heating core replacement. I will try and add a quick change heating coil to the next atty I design for the SUCKaTON.
Here is a current pic of the atty I have been working on, all modular and easy to get to.
Dan

Attachments

• IMAG0411.jpg
    IMAG0411.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 431
  • IMAG0413.jpg
    IMAG0413.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 415
  • IMAG0416.jpg
    IMAG0416.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 395
  • IMAG0415.jpg
    IMAG0415.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 402
  • IMAG0414.jpg
    IMAG0414.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 384

l3oertjie

ECF Veteran
Aug 26, 2009
South Africa
Ok, Dan, what the heck is a SUCKaTON?

I saw asdaq refer to it in post # 90 http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...2-atomizer-cartomizer-life-9.html#post1914576 but sadly I don't read all the posts on here - too busy fiddling I guess..... :pervy: Where is the original thread post referring to this thing - if you reckon it would work with the S/S needles and quick coil replacement I must have a look at it please.
Win - Win combo :toast:

Andre

Scubabatdan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2009
Dothan, AL
:) I was wondering how long it'd take Dan to find this thread.. ;-)

Hey I resemble that remark :)

LOL, not only that, but give him 24hrs to have 2 prototypes and the how-to done :p

Will be working on it tonight, just have to power the metal lathe up :) I also need to look for some flux that has hydrocloric acid in it for SS soldering.
Dan

l3oertjie

ECF Veteran
Aug 26, 2009
South Africa
Hey I resemble that remark :)
Will be working on it tonight, just have to power the metal lathe up :) I also need to look for some flux that has hydrocloric acid in it for SS soldering.
Dan

Damn... I mean Dan.... Wish I had one of those - a lathe I mean! All my tools are on top of my office desk..... hehehehe

If all else fails "flux that has hydrocloric acid in", try the Cu coiling around the SS - works great!

I'm really REALLY looking forward to where this thing is headed....

I don't think we will ever see manufacturers making this however - it kind off kills revenue for replacement atomizers, but will certainly improve sales of "small" quantity nichrome wire and silica rope..... :2c:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread