Not open for further replies.

BuzzKilla

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2010
Etobicoke, Ontario
www.graindeep.etsy.com
Maybe if you stopped and listened to what people are saying, instead of acting completely emo about this. You would have a working coil by now...

DITCH the stupid vertical coil...

build a proper horizontal coil.
feed the wick through it!
(if you are mangling the coil, YOU ARE USING TOO MUCH!)

stop stuffing the damn chamber with wick... see above note regarding too much wick.

wet it, close it all up and fill the kayfun.

vape away.

Elendil

Assclown Exterminator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
IL USA
Maybe if you stopped and listened to what people are saying, instead of acting completely emo about this. You would have a working coil by now...

DITCH the stupid vertical coil...

build a proper horizontal coil.
feed the wick through it!
(if you are mangling the coil, YOU ARE USING TOO MUCH!)

stop stuffing the damn chamber with wick... see above note regarding too much wick.

wet it, close it all up and fill the kayfun.

Vape away.

I've tried only 2 vertical coils out of all I have built.

What is an emo? Are you calling me a large flightless bird? did you mean emu? Either way it makes no sense.

BuzzKilla

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2010
Etobicoke, Ontario
www.graindeep.etsy.com
Then, you just don't have the ability to make your own coils... is that what you want to hear?

Having read BOTH your threads, you sound like a depressed child that is borderline suicidal...
There are so many people that have tried to help, and it's the same "pity me" responses over and over again.
And by the pictures, you have yet to take any of that advice.

GIVE UP, and stock up on Kanger.

Mr.Bungle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2013
East Jabip, NJ
Your pictures have only shown what can be described as "in progress" wicking in place, you haven't shown us anything finished. Make a coil, wick it and show us what it looks like shooting your photo down into the chimney.

If your wick isn't seeing juice from the channels, the wick will burn.

If your wick is too tight in the coil, the wick will be starved, and will burn.

If there isn't enough wick, it will dry out and burn.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
I'd bet my membership he is not trolling.
He is an ex- Moderator:D

Deep breath
2 Martini's
Try again.
:2cool:

Cotton balls aren't an option. I work 12-14hrs per day. it takes me 30-60 min to wick a coil. I dont have the time for a daily wick change. Most say they get several days with yarn. I can really only rewick on weekends.

And for the umpteenth time:
I am over 10 Tanks on my First Kayfun Cotton Ball wick/Coil and it is still working Fantastic.
When you can get:
1) Temperature
2) Airflow
3) Liquid flow
All balanced, wick and coil will last MUCH longer than most understand.

This tank is running a 16% Flavor mix (Sweet flavor)@ 50/50 pg/vg and not gunking up

Last edited:

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
I'm bet my membership he is not trolling.
He is an ex- Moderator:D

Deep breath
2 Martini's
Try again.
:2cool:

And for the umpteenth time:
I am over 10 Tanks on my First Kayfun Cotton Ball wick/Coil and it is still working Fantastic.
When you can get:
1) Temperature
2) Airflow
3) Liquid flow
All balanced, wick and coil will last MUCH longer than most understand.

This tank is running a 16% Flavor mix (Sweet flavor)@ 50/50 pg/vg and not gunking up

^^THIS

I'm really lazy about changing wicks. The cotton in my DRIPPERS stays in at least a week, and that's wet/dry/wet/dry etc. in my rocket(kfl clone) it will stay a couple weeks at least. I only change them when I take everything apart for cleaning.

VaPreis

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 5, 2013
St. Louis, MO
Holy Cow. Step away from the Kayfun. You aren't ready for it.........yet.

I'd recommend buying yourself an Igo-L dripper and practice your coiling and wicking on that where the consequences of a poorly wicked build are little to none. Doesn't wick? Pull your cotton, try again. No tank of juice wasted. This is the device I started on, and I can build and be vaping a Kayfun in less than 10 minutes.

Once you're comfortable building a microcoil and wicking it with cotton (not yarn), revisit the kayfun, and you'll kick yourself once you realize how easy it really is.

Elendil

Assclown Exterminator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
IL USA
Tonight's build. .98ohm. Fires nicely from the inside out. Under the advice of "less is more" here is how I have it wicked and then with the chimney on.

This is wicked with 2 strands removed from the yarn. Just 2 strands through the coil.

Any corrections before I fill the tank and fire it up?

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
I pull doubles and triples for a major freight company. Dripping is not an option. I would like to, but it simply is not safe to do so. I must use a tank.

Looks good, you may even want to squirt a bit more juice on those wicks, the fill your tank, then take a few primer puffs covering the air hole and not firing to suck more juice into the chimney, then let it sit for a good 30 minutes. Not trying to be funny, from my experience and what I've read, cotton yarn can take a while to get fully saturated. Once saturated it should keep up. Also, once you start vaping on it, give it a good 10 pulls before the "cotton" taste goes away.

twgbonehead

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2011
MA, USA
Post 16 was 14 coils ago. I get the coils to fire but all I get is burnt taste and then i wreck the coil removing the wick

In both the bare coils you posted pictures of, you have the mechanics all wrong; it's begging for a short. If you mounted the subsequent 14 coils the same way, google "einstein definition of stupidity". I am NOT calling you stupid, it's a very important quote from a very smart guy.

You are making some kind of basic mistake. Winding good coils and making good wicks just isn't that hard, so I have to assume you're making the same mistake over and over again. How do you "wreck" the coil when you remove the wick? If you're just unwinding it, you have too much wick in there. If you're breaking the wire, it's most likely that you ARE shorting the coil out every time, and it breaks because of a burnt-out leg.

Chiku

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2013
Alberta, Canada
I pull doubles and triples for a major freight company. Dripping is not an option. I would like to, but it simply is not safe to do so. I must use a tank.

I love dripping, but it doesn't work well with my job so I got into Reo's. Bottom fed dripping atty with 6ml of juice underneath. It might be something worth looking into (esp if you are actually thinking about going back to smoking). Drippers are much simpler to build.

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
Am I going to need to wait 30 mins every time I fill the tank?

No, just maybe every time you change the wick if you're still using the cotton yarn. I really think you'd have better results with plain cotton balls. They wick faster and are pretty resilient when set up properly. I also just wanted you to get a good fully saturated wick so you hopefully don't get frustrated again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread