australia bans vaping in cars december 1st 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

tony7432

Verified Member
Jun 15, 2015
Sydney nsw australia
so today australia passed a law that bans e-cigs from being sold to anyone under 18 which im all for..but they also passed a law that comes into effect on december 1st 2015 that bans any use of vaping in cars..which i say is BS..why cant we vape but people can smoke cigarettes? its amazing they crack down on this from a country where the legal drinking age is 18 and you can even have open bottles of alcohol in the car as long has your not drinking it while driving

tony7432

Verified Member
Jun 15, 2015
Sydney nsw australia
Huh? Are they afraid drivers won't be able to see through the clouds? Is cigarette smoking allowed in vehicles?
yes you are allowed to continue to kill yourself with cigarette's while driving..really stupid in my opinion. its like they were bored and just threw a dart on the board on what to do with their time.

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
Brought to you by the same country that disarmed their citizens!

Sorry, Australia used to be my first fav country due to it's freedoms... not so much any more.

Wha... you're anti-gun (not directed to da OP, but those that are)? But yet want freedom/protection to vape? I sadly chuckle...

newvaper92

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2015
Jackson, Michigan
Well, I could say I'm glad I don't live in Australia... LOL. But it does seem silly, especially if people are still allowed to smoke in cars/while driving! I'd say cigarettes are more likely to cause an accident than vaping... All you have to do is drop the ciggy or knock the end off, and especially depending on where it lands (!) you could be in trouble! Vaping, on the other hand, no. Nothing burning to fall off. If you drop it, wait until you stop, then pick it up and carry on vaping.

tony7432

Verified Member
Jun 15, 2015
Sydney nsw australia
As I thought. These types of threads are usually not accurate. One can't use electronic cigarettes if someone in the car is under 16 years of age...

Electronic Cigarettes - Tobacco and Smoking
that article does go into more detail and i hope they stick to it come december..but i wouldnt be surprised if they make changes to it until then.

caramel

Vaping Master
Dec 23, 2014
so today australia passed a law that bans e-cigs from being sold to anyone under 18 which im all for..but they also passed a law that comes into effect on december 1st 2015 that bans any use of vaping in cars..which i say is BS..why cant we vape but people can smoke cigarettes? its amazing they crack down on this from a country where the legal drinking age is 18 and you can even have open bottles of alcohol in the car as long has your not drinking it while driving

If you accept the idea that ecigs are so dangerous that they shouldn't be sold to minors, then you also have to accept the idea that they shouldn't be used in close proximity to minors, especially in confined spaces.

I recommend you the Poll section of the forum where 90% of voters supported the idea of "protecting" "the children" from the evils of ecigs. They got the deal and then some.

KentA

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2015
Adirondack Mountains
If you accept the idea that ecigs are so dangerous that they shouldn't be sold to minors, then you also have to accept the idea that they shouldn't be used in close proximity to minors....
I respectfully disagree.
My kids are now adults, but if I had small children I'd still vape when they're around. However, I wouldn't want the corner store selling them a mod & nicotine.
I used to have an occasional beer when they were home, but didn't want the corner store to sell them one on their way home from school.

tony7432

Verified Member
Jun 15, 2015
Sydney nsw australia
If you accept the idea that ecigs are so dangerous that they shouldn't be sold to minors, then you also have to accept the idea that they shouldn't be used in close proximity to minors, especially in confined spaces.

I recommend you the Poll section of the forum where 90% of voters supported the idea of "protecting" "the children" from the evils of ecigs. They got the deal and then some.
i never said we should vape next to minors, if you read the article i post in the third post you will see if just says on december 1st no one is allowed to smoke in cars there was no mention of not being to vape in cars around minors..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread