Not open for further replies.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
Magma? my god they weren't even that good when they came out. There were plenttttttttty of better rda's out that cost less.

More on topic: I do see bad recommendations way too often here. To each their own but when recommending to a new vaper there should always be a general rule of thumb and that is to recommend a tried and true mod/rda/tank/accessory. Somebody wants to step up from their cig-a-like, recommend an MVP 3.0. Someone wants to get into rda's and doesn't even know how to begin to wrap a coil, well how about a tried and true simple igo or youde line product. Someone wants to start vaping? how about anything in the itaste line. Ect ect ect. There are many other products we should be recommending other than those i listed but those are just ones that come to mind.

We are here to help each other. Everyone should understand that if you happen to have a good experience with a product and 99% of the other consumers don't have a good experience then you might have lucked out and you shouldn't recommend it in general.

Edit- I figure I would just restate that there are PLENTY of other products I would probably ask people to recommend over something like the Magma ect. When starting to build RDA's you should recommend a product with a wide area to build on that is more forgiving to mistakes. A small deck is less forgiving and could cause frustration on the new builders end.

AFAIK, the Magma is one of a VERY small group of RDAs that can be adjusted to a fairly tight draw, suitable for a MtL vaper -- the Magma, the Mini and Micro Drip, and the Achilles, are the only ones I know of that would suit a tight-draw tootle-puffer, and the Achilles is no longer available, unless one wants to spend almost $100 for an authentic Achilles v2 from Ukraine that takes some 6 wks -- or more! -- to arrive. So yes, there is good reason to recommend the Magma, as a very rare bird, an RDA that can be adjusted to a fairly tight draw.

There might be one or two others from "back in the day," but from what I've seen, none of them have much in the way of a well, so even though a tight draw reduces juice usage, one is still forced to drip fairly often; the ones mentioned above have a fairly deep well in addition to a tight draw, so they're even more rare and valuable among RDAs.

Andria

entropy1049

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Apalachicola, FL, United States
In my own experience, my Magma has never, ever leaked. Run it without the AFC ring and it's a much less restrictive. Flavor is always outstanding. I have no problem recommending a Magma/clone as an option (though I prefer the Origen) to a flavor chaser who's new to RDA's.

Last edited:

Plumes.91

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
United States
i have no clue what the magma is and have never recommended it. I do recommend the tohb clone because i have one and it's awesome. plus it can go from tight to airy with a swipe of the sleeve. I also regularly recommend the A7 but i make-sure i explain that it's a very OLD technology RDA with airflow from the 510 and bottom feeding capability. lol. Other than that I usually stay out of RDA help.

When it comes to sum1 asking for a good mechanical mod I DO recommend the nemesis as a inexpensive mechanical tube mod clone. I also have been known to recommend the Nzonic and the buffalo clone, and I usually voice my trust in the EHpro company, as a whole. I usually do my best to recommend some mech box mods (single/dual & internal batt) & then I'm on my way. Usually something like the TeslaTwo and then something like the tugboat or the demitri or the noisy cricket or the cherrybomber mods, nd then I'm well on my way from those questions as-well :)

goodnight everyone! <3

Frenchfry1942

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
Kinda surprised this thread didn't close due to time. Anyway, the OP thought the Magma old tech. I remember that I got a Veritas and a Magma clone. At the time, the Veritas seemed the champ for clouds and the Magma for flavor. I was tinkering and learning at the time.

As an update, my Magma clone is now converted to bottom-fed so I can squonk. For me, that is new tech. :)

Wow1420

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2013
Somewhere out there
In my own experience, my Magma has never, ever leaked. Run it without the AFC ring and it's a much less restrictive. Flavor is always outstanding. I have no problem recommending a Magma/clone as an option (though I prefer the Origen) to a flavor chaser who's new to RDA's.

It seems the Origen doesn't get enough mention around here. My Magmas are in the vapocolypse box now. But I'd still recommend the Magma for someone looking for an easy build. Both of those have the deep wells that make dripping feasible for me.

I never did understand why the Nemesis was so popular for a time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread