Banned in Jordan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Programmer

ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2009
Des Moines, Iowa
Maybe I am missing something and you can point it out, but I don't see how nicotine content would be different from any other element? For example, a 240ml bottle of pepsi has 69 grams of sugar. If each ml were to give 69 grams, you'd be dead by the time you finish the bottle.

It isn't "different from any other element". Your bottle of pepsi says it contains 69 grams of sugar. That's straightforward. Your bottle of nicotine does not say it contains 24mg. It's just listed as 24mg eliquid. It's the strength, not the total content.

You are free to change the label to say anything you want. (So is any supplier.) Currently 24mg strength is available in say 10mL, 20mL, and 30mL bottles. That's fairly simple for folks to understand.

But can you imagine if those same bottles were labled 10mL 240mg, 20mL 480mg, and 30mL 720mg? It's all the same stuff, so which way would you want to read it?

Now I know you mentioned that it's nicotine specific and I'm definitely not a chemist, but I just find that very weird as I've never heard of anything like that before.

Actually you have heard of approaches like this before. Probably every day.

Pepsi and pills can be labeled as total content (in some cases) because there is a fixed serving size or dose which just happens to be the same as the bottle or pill size. And actually if you have a very large bottle of pepsi it may contain more than one serving, thus the sugar content listed is per serving, not for the whole bottle. If you'd like, you can think of 1mL as the eliquid serving size and your 30mL bottle contains 30 servings.

If your granola cereal says 3 grams of fat you can't expect to eat the whole darn box and only consume 3g of fat. Why should nicotine be any different.

Last edited:

Effex

ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2009
NYC
Thanks for the clearing that up, Programmer.

In that case, I can definitely see the concern, but the bottom line still stays the same.

Countries are banning this product on the basis of it containing large amounts of nicotine, which would be fine if manufacturers and distributors only offered 24+ mg strength nicotine e-liquids. But that's not the case.

If the US government were smart, they would regulate the nicotine content in e-liquid, oversee distribution, but not outright ban it. Hopefully this will be the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread