Battery question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sharpie24l

ECF Veteran
Sep 9, 2014
Gainesville, FL, United States
Ok I have a few batteries I picked up from a friend if mine, he got them with his subox kit he bought second hand. I told him to hold off on using them because I can't seem to find any information on them.

They are orange wrapped, and say lGDB218650. I can't seem to find anything about them because everything shows up as an he2. Does anyone what it is and if it's safe to vape and should he keep them as backups? I told him in the mean time to order some 25rs. I would still like to know if these are usable for vape.

DreamWithin

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2012
New England
The HE2 is a different battery altogether, so you can discount those search results offhand. From what little I can find on that part number they might be ICR batteries. That model seems to be used in power packs for power tools or laptops, in which case I wouldn't use them for vaping, myself. Unfortunately, I couldn't find any really solid info on that part number :(

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Found 'em - on ebay.

This is from the seller's description:

"This sale is for (4) new LG LGDB218650 ICR 2600mah Rechargeable Batteries...these cells are newly pulled from unused overstock power packs...they are great for electronic devices such as flashlights, electronic devices, rebuilding power packs, etc...not recommended for mechanical mods!"

So that battery is NOT designed with a high current discharge that's needed for vaping. While they may (or may not!) work in a low power regulated mod, and you have no idea of the stress they've had from the previous owner, I'd say no, why risk it?

Good new cells are cheaper than a new mod or fingers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread