Best Tank for Provari

Status
Not open for further replies.

sierra22

Moved On
Jun 11, 2011
USA
+1, thankyou for speaking the truth!

If you purchase the original MAP tank from the right vendor it comes with Polycarbonate tubing.

The tubing used for the jonboyusmc tanks is Lexan which is the same thing as Polycarbonate?

Lexan is a brand name for Polycarbonate.

I have never had a polycarbonate MAP tank tube crack on me. However, I have heard from a couple of memebers who purchase MAP tank from the classified having cracking issues.

belialNZ

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 19, 2011
New Zealand
As for best tank, I can only comment on what I have.

I have MAP and VPX, which are basically the same thing, however the VPX seems to have slightly more clearance where it joins to the battery.

My MAP tank seals quite tightly and I think this effects the air flow with the Pro Vari as the MAP tank is wide enough to "seal" against the outer edge of the vari (the airflow gaps are on the inner connection point).

However this is probably just a minor variance in how the CE2 is fitted and will probably change when I replace it, as physically I can't see any difference between the MAP and VPX tanks (the delrin caps are identical and other than that its just a tube).

bowhunterr2001

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2011
Beaver, Pa
If you purchase the original MAP Tank from the right vendor it comes with Polycarbonate tubing.

The tubing used for the jonboyusmc tanks is Lexan which is the same thing as Polycarbonate?

Lexan is a brand name for Polycarbonate.

I have never had a polycarbonate MAP Tank tube crack on me. However, I have heard from a couple of memebers who purchase MAP tank from the classified having cracking issues.

I think that we already discussed this issue over at Jonboyusmc's thread.. My MAP was bought brand new from Clouds of Vapor, my juice is high in cinnamon oil which breaks down the thin wall of the Map Tank tube very quickley, usually within a week.. I have a whole handful of tube's that have been compromised.. Jonboy's Tank is about 3 times thicker than the MAP and the ends have been machined, I have had my juice in it for almost 3 weeks and have not had an issues yet.. In my personal opinion a far superior product..

PKZap27

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2011
USA - Ohio
I think that we already discussed this issue over at Jonboyusmc's thread.. My MAP was bought brand new from Clouds of Vapor, my juice is high in cinnamon oil which breaks down the thin wall of the Map Tank tube very quickley, usually within a week.. I have a whole handful of tube's that have been compromised.. Jonboy's Tank is about 3 times thicker than the MAP and the ends have been machined, I have had my juice in it for almost 3 weeks and have not had an issues yet.. In my personal opinion a far superior product..

I agree. I posted this before talking about this issue over in Jonboyusmc's thread. I'm doing a test with some cinnamon juice and the the polycarbonate tubing is starting to turn couldy after the second day. Thanks for the details about the tank he uses.

Lumiis

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 13, 2009
London, Kentucky

Does this mean your vaping the plastic that the juice is deteriorating? (my mainstay is Fire & Ice, has me worried)

When I first saw the Vape mate, they had a 30 ml. bottle on it, thought that was the only way it came, that smaller bottle looks nifty.

Thanks for all the replies all, lots to consider.

Dimitris

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2011
Georgia
A little off topic, aside from tanks, has anyone used a drip shield on the Vari? As the joose well doesn't suck the juice back up, this seems the next best thing.

Anyone know if an adapter (510-510 for example) is needed to use this on the Vari?

Opinions on the DS?

you need an adapter and it works great!

Dalton63841

Moved On
Feb 14, 2011
Maine
A little off topic, aside from tanks, has anyone used a drip shield on the Vari? As the joose well doesn't suck the juice back up, this seems the next best thing.

Anyone know if an adapter (510-510 for example) is needed to use this on the Vari?

Opinions on the DS?

The drip shield works GREAT on the Provari. Just imagine NEVER having to clean out the Provari's drip well. You will need one of these: V2 510 Shorty Extension

Attachments

• Photo on 2011-06-22 at 21.56.jpg
    Photo on 2011-06-22 at 21.56.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 74

belialNZ

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 19, 2011
New Zealand
As for best tank, I can only comment on what I have.

I have MAP and VPX, which are basically the same thing, however the VPX seems to have slightly more clearance where it joins to the battery.

Update : 2 of my 4 VPX tanks have cracked within the first 4 weeks, MAP is still solid after 8 weeks.

If anyone can recommend a supplier of suitable replacement tubing for the VPX tanks I'd appreciate it.

So, back to the topic VPX in my opinion, not the best Tank for Pro-vari, despite its obvious similarities to the MAP tank.

Dalton63841

Moved On
Feb 14, 2011
Maine
Update : 2 of my 4 VPX tanks have cracked within the first 4 weeks, MAP is still solid after 8 weeks.

If anyone can recommend a supplier of suitable replacement tubing for the VPX tanks I'd appreciate it.

So, back to the topic VPX in my opinion, not the best Tank for Pro-vari, despite its obvious similarities to the MAP tank.

IIRC the VPX tank uses acrylic tubing, which is weaker than the MAP tanks polycarbonate. IF you know the dimensions of the tube you can request a free sample from here and use a pipe cutter to cut it to the proper length. It would be clear instead of colored, but it would be as strong as the MAP tank then.

EDIT: according to NHaler, the tubing is in fact Lexan(polycarbonate). If nothing else, you could order the tubing with the proper ID, but 1/8th" walls instead of 1/16" walls.

Last edited:

PKZap27

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2011
USA - Ohio

The link in the following post has the information on where to purchase the polycarbonate tubing.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/provape/197054-best-tank-provari-2.html#post3447492

Shel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 23, 2009
Los Angeles

I still have the first MAP tank I purchased, and it works great. I've since replaced the CE2 twice, and just ordered some additional replacement CE2's for it.

I also have tried other cartos, and have a VISION clear carto on order, but I have to say, flavoring, convenience (it's NEVER leaked on me) and the ability to fill it in the am, and be good to vape all day long has me sold on the MAP tank.

Stownz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2010
Guthrie, OK
Its the failomizer nature of the CE2s that turned me off on all my MAPs. After a year of vaping, i'm real tired of the burnt tire taste and hit/miss performance nature of RoyalSmoker's entire product line. There are plenty of other options out there now, and capacity of cartos is going through the roof. There is even a 3.5ml smoketech Dual Coil carto out now. No reason once so ever to ever eat burnt rubber taste, or wonder if the lead soldier is going to poison the crap out of me.

When the CE2s came out, we were all stuck with super small cartos that didn't even hold 1ml. If we wanted capacity, the ce2s were about the only option that allowed modding them into a tank. It was either that or the GG AVS. We had no choice a few months ago, now we do.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...scussion/189729-lead-solder-clearomizers.html

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread