1. Win Vaping gear! The ECF 15 Millionth Post contest

We are fast approaching the 15 millionth ECF post and we have a contest to celebrate this huge landmark and amazing prizes to give out to our members! Head over to the official contest thread to see the rules and check out the prizes generously pledged by our registered suppliers on the prize announcement thread.

Better 18650 VV Gripper?

Discussion in 'Variable Voltage APV Discussion' started by Boognish, Nov 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Boognish

Boognish Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Is there something out there comparable to the 18650 VV Gripper that is made to last?

2. moishesmom

moishesmom Ultra Member ECF Veteran

I haven't tried the Gripper but just bought 2 ego 18650 mods & love them. I've got a Sanyo 2600 in them & they just keep going & going like the bunny.

3. Boognish

Yeah, I have tube mods and they are too big to carry around sometimes. I'm looking for something that looks like the Gripper with all the same options, but isn't built so cheap and fragile.

4. Titanium

Titanium Moved On Verified Member

Look in to Reos mods.

5. Boognish

I know they have VV Reos, but do they show resistance of your atty? I really love the black rubberized feel too. If anyone knows of any modders that could help me out please PM me. Thanks:toast:

6. Titanium

Titanium Moved On Verified Member

Do you really want a gripper?
    How about the new Joyetech eVic?

7. Boognish

Hehe.... I just saw your signature on a different post of yours. I was looking at them the last few days. I'm just trying to keep the length of my mods as short as possible. I even mod all my tanks to fit standard size cartos and use short drip tips. I don't even bring my DID's out of the house often cause they are big. Also, I like black mods, especially rubberized. That being said, I'm still intrigued by the eVic

8. tc1

tc1 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Waiting on a metal cased gripper style myself. Nothing yet ...

The new MVP is close but doesn't read ohms. Can charge other usb devices though.

9. Baditude

Baditude ECF Guru ECF Veteran

I've got a VV Gripper on the way, should arrive any day now. I, too, like the short and light form factor. I do wish it was constructed with better materials, especially because its main use for me will be for out-and-about.

I wanted to get a second Provari, the Mini, but I couldn't justify those kind of funds at this time. If the V V Gripper can last me until April, I hope to award myself with the Mini as a 1 year anniversary gift to myself for quitting the cigs.

10. tearose50

tearose50 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    There's always the wooden Grip. The Grip. Very nice wood work and last time I looked B-Rad has some available on his site. And, he has VV models and non feeder models as well. I don't think it shows resistance, and I don't know of many mods that do---yet.

There is something really nice about that little plastic grip form factor. I too would love an upgraded model---especially with the new Zmax or New JoyE VV/VW innards and display and an upgraded material for the case. Even the old telephone plastic could be super. I'm sure we'll see one before too long.

11. Boognish

Actually, I saw on the Crystal Clear Vaping thread that they were supposed to get a gripper with the zmax innards. That was a while ago. Recently the owner had said he was expecting a new gripper around Christmas. It is said to have a 4000 mah internal battery. I'll have to ask the owner if he has any new news on that. I would rather have a quality built long lasting gripper. I don't mind changing batteries if the pv will last.

: provari, evic
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.