Help VV gripper!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nepherael

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2010
Warsaw, Indiana, USA
I bought a VV gripper that I received today. I was under the impression it could use 16340 batts but this thing only says 18650. Can the circuit they use take a 7.4v input or am I gonna have to order some 18650's?

By the way I have already vaped a couple times with two 16340's in it but it was before I realized

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2

Nepherael

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2010
Warsaw, Indiana, USA
Definitely get flat tops unprotected. The nipple tops and protected 18650's don't fit well. They're just too long and that door is super flimsy.

How safe is that? Unprotected scares me. I mean, I have good TR-001 charger and stuff but I was always told to never ever go unprotected

goldcoastmat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2012
florida USA
How safe is that? Unprotected scares me. I mean, I have good TR-001 charger and stuff but I was always told to never ever go unprotected

Hmmm I had to bite my tongue when I read this to avoid being reported for a very innapropriate joke :)

I ran protected flat tops in it for over a month (same ones I use in my lava tube) and the guy I sold it to is using the same batteries since then and he hasnt had an issue either.

Nepherael

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2010
Warsaw, Indiana, USA
I have both protected and unprotected. My protected batteries are a bit longer and after reading about all the problems people had with the door, I went with the unprotected. Relying on the protection in the device. I haven't had issues, but I guess you never know until it's too late.

Oh sorry you meant the unprotected IMR's. Sorry I thought you meant the Li-ion ones which are the ones I've always been told to avoid. I forgot for a moment that IMR batt are unprotected

Nepherael

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2010
Warsaw, Indiana, USA
Yep, only use the 18650 Flat Top IMRs. I get 3 days of use on 2000Mah, vaping at night on it. I tried to put a protected in, but it was slightly too long. I use it to drip.

Right on. I'll be using a DID on mine. I had to get it because every itaste I got broke and I'm glad I did. It's a pretty sweet device.

The most annoying part about it thought is that it will not allow any coil wrapped below 1 ohm and my coil has been a 0.7 ohm wrap for a while

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I just got my VV Gripper about a week ago. I'm using AW 18650 imr (high drain) 2000 mAh button top batteries in mine, same as in my extended Provari.

IMR high drain batteries do not need to be protected because they are considered "safer chemistry". These actually are preferred over the protected batteries because they are high drain designed for boost circuit processors that these variable voltage APV's use. I'm getting over a full day of moderate to heavy use with a single battery.

I'm using a variety of the smaller IBTanked pyrex tanks with 3.0 ohm Ikenvape cartos on it so far.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread