Gripper Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
One of my 2 grippers started developping a problem with the switch, have to push down hard on it so that it can fire. This thread is diying maybe? :)

If anyone knows a better PV without any integrated batteries, I'm all ears :)
Segelei will be coming out with a VV/VW metal-bodied box mod that uses an 18650 imr battery, called the Tmax. Should be everything that the Gripper wasn't. http://.........blogspot.com/2013/03/changes-sigelei-tmax-box-mod.html

Captur3333e.JPG

VapDrak

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2012
Ecuador
Segelei will be coming out with a VV/VW metal-bodied box mod that uses an 18650 imr battery, called the Tmax. Should be everything that the Gripper wasn't. http://.........blogspot.com/2013/03/changes-sigelei-tmax-box-mod.html

View attachment 187869

This should be the upgrade we have been waiting for :)
Only doubt I have about the Tmax is the strange nubble on the bottom in the first pictures I saw some time ago, looks like it's gone (hopefully) in this version. I'm very curious about this one!!!

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
looks like everyone's going to upgrade soon, if anyone has more info on the tmax, please post it !

Info is still limited on this. From the beginning there has been confusion on just exactly what battery or battery combination this would use. This link seems to show the original version was about to be released for a 16340 battery, but after many reviewers and potential customers complained that they were losing interest because of the underpowered battery, Segelei listened and halted production to re-design the Tmx in a longer design capable of carrying an 18650 battery. Not much else is known.

Sigelei T-max (Red or Black)

Last edited:

fourthrok

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Watertown, NY
I pre-ordered the Tmax around the first of March...thinking at the time it'd use the little 16340 batteries, but so wanting a metal VV box mod in a price range I could deal with I didn't care. Early this week I got an email from the vendor telling me that the shipment had been delayed and would not come in for another couple of weeks, and that the models they would be receiving were for 18650 batteries due to Sieglei making a revision to the design "according to customer needs". They wanted to know if I wanted to cancel my order. Of course I didn't want to cancel my order!

From the time line the vendor was estimating (leaving China by this Monday, latest) it should be shipping to customers in the next couple of weeks. I'm thinking I MAY get mine as early as March 29, but it's more likely to be the first week of Aprl. Can hardly wait!!!

fourthrok

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Watertown, NY
Why didn't you cancel and pre-ordered the 18650 model ?

There was no need. The vendor states they will ONLY be getting the models that take 18650 batteries. The order I made with them is covered. I will be receiving the larger mod under the same order. No delay in shipping time.

They offered to cancel the order and refund in the event I specifically WANTED the 16340 size. I did not.

michliu

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2012
Seattle, WA
My VV Gripper quit working a couple of days ago. Pried it open today and found a wire disconnected from the battery door plate that touches the battery. I don't have a soldering iron, so I used a little duct tape to tape the wire back to the metal base. Then used even more duct tape to put everything back together. My VV Gripper is back to life, and just in time for Easter! Resubscribed to this thread!
Broken VV Gripper.jpg Fixed VV Gripper.jpg

bunksteve

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2013
Glendale, CA
So I have a Gripper V2. Once I figured it out it's been great. Only complaint is the same as everybody else: Battery door issues.

I've been thinking about upgrading. Would a Vamo be a marked improvement, or do I need to aim higher? Or should I just stick with what I've got. Just asking anybody who has "played the field" with mods. Thanks!

txtumbleweed

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Walla Walla
So I have a Gripper V2. Once I figured it out it's been great. Only complaint is the same as everybody else: Battery door issues.

I've been thinking about upgrading. Would a Vamo be a marked improvement, or do I need to aim higher? Or should I just stick with what I've got. Just asking anybody who has "played the field" with mods. Thanks!

The vamo is a good choice for a tube mod but if you want to stick with a box I would recommend the Smoktech Groove. It has VW and a 3800 mah battery pack. It is bigger than the gripper and not as comfortable to vape but does have the top mounted fire button and I like it better overall than my MVP or Gripper.:2cool:

Last edited:

txtumbleweed

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Walla Walla
Thanks for the feedback!

More of a general question: What's the difference you've noticed vaping in Watts rather Volts? Thanks again!

The main difference is in the wattage mode it doesn't matter what the resistance of carto is you will get the same hit, Using in VV mode you need to change settings depending on the resistance of your carto. I usually leave mine at 7.5 watts and very seldom change it. If you use the same type carto with same resistance all the time then there isn't much difference whether you use VV or VW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread