Beware of the Quit Smoking Purists

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShannonA

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 15, 2011
Tyler, Tx
so my post did go through, and nobody could even respond to it. oh yeah, and where the HELL is Vocalek on this? I guess she doesn't come to this sub forum, but she's the one with all the links that could make these people realize how ignorant they're being.

All that stuff can be readily found on the CASAA site if you need it. I'm done with those clowns. That one chick spouting off about people downing her way of quitting. They were the only ones downing anybody's quit method...pffft.

<------ Look they made Bailey angry :p

ShannonA

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 15, 2011
Tyler, Tx

slumdog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2010
South Florida & NYC The Village
This is amazing to me..... am I wrong to assume that we are social creatures..... it IS instinctive for humans as a whole, to help one another....to further socity... to make "their,our" life easier...better......these people are less than human....I have talked to many people on the street, usually after watching me pull out my pv and take a few drags, they want to know what it is, so I tell them, most are like "that is sooo kewl, where do I get one" is what I hear most .....I have started to notice there are alot more smokers than I used to think there were...but the point being...this reaction that you received is typical of someone with very low self esteem......as is the whole "elitist" type personna....maybe their mom should have hugged them more, or not got so mad at them when they did wrong...whatever the reason their insecurity is not with us, or even ecigs for that matter....they are scared sheep.....scared of slaughter of their way of life....personal reality can become severely skewed when you have no friends to bring you back to social reallity......

ShannonA

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 15, 2011
Tyler, Tx
This is amazing to me..... am I wrong to assume that we are social creatures..... it IS instinctive for humans as a whole, to help one another....to further socity... to make "their,our" life easier...better......these people are less than human....I have talked to many people on the street, usually after watching me pull out my pv and take a few drags, they want to know what it is, so I tell them, most are like "that is sooo kewl, where do I get one" is what I hear most .....I have started to notice there are alot more smokers than I used to think there were...but the point being...this reaction that you received is typical of someone with very low self esteem......as is the whole "elitist" type personna....maybe their mom should have hugged them more, or not got so mad at them when they did wrong...whatever the reason their insecurity is not with us, or even ecigs for that matter....they are scared sheep.....scared of slaughter of their way of life....personal reality can become severely skewed when you have no friends to bring you back to social reallity......

They're peeved off because they still want nicotine and have elevated themselves to some sort of misguided martyrs. If it makes them THAT unhappy I don't feel it's worth it...speaking of... I don't know about you guys but since I've flushed most of the toxins out of my body my overall mood has improved.

slumdog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2010
+1 Shannon, I used to get that mad over some of my convictions....that went away with the toxins of the chemicals placed into cigarettes to "Keep em' commin' back" I would think it would be outta their system unless they are Mr. sneak-a-toke behind closed doors...I wouldn't doubt that.....

sqirl1

ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2011
St. Louis, MO
what scares me is that the public thinks the same way about nicotine, I remember telling a nonsmoker about E-cigs when they first started getting big and she was like "ewwwwww you don't want nicotine getting in your lungs, either! nicotine is a poison that does nothing but slowly kill you!" it sickens me what mass propaganda is driving our society today. Anti-smoking is just the beginning. next thing you know it insurance companies will be able to test your eating habbits and raise your rates based on your diet, and employers will test your caloric intake as a part of their process of deciding whether on not to hire you. this is just one step to government control over the people's lifestyles. we're not far from 1984

slumdog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2010
but for the first few months I was here....please do not go back and check some of my old posts, they are quite embarasing......I flamed a few people ....for what I thought I knew...some really cool people ASKED me to do some research...said they didn't want me to embarrass myself further.....I did realize I didn't know half of what I thought I knew.....and realizing that, because my thoughts could be read by anyone, and most likely used by someone for educating their self about one thing or another, then I had a moral obligation to make that thought as close to the truth as I could get it...with some personal input that was clearly labeled as personal and facts that could be proven...this computer I am typing on has a lot of power..power to reach far beyond my front door.....I believe with great power comes great responsibility.....

Last edited:
Reactions: DC2

LibertariaNate

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 7, 2011
Utah
what scares me is that the public thinks the same way about nicotine, I remember telling a nonsmoker about E-cigs when they first started getting big and she was like "ewwwwww you don't want nicotine getting in your lungs, either! nicotine is a poison that does nothing but slowly kill you!" it sickens me what mass propaganda is driving our society today. Anti-smoking is just the beginning. next thing you know it insurance companies will be able to test your eating habbits and raise your rates based on your diet, and employers will test your caloric intake as a part of their process of deciding whether on not to hire you. this is just one step to government control over the people's lifestyles. we're not far from 1984

I get what you're saying (nicotine =/= smoking), but nicotine is a poison. Our e-juice has high enough concentrations of nic to easily kill someone. It didn't matter if I was a bit careless with my loose tobacco (one less cigarette I could make), but being careless with my juice could result in the death of one of my wife's cats, or worse, myself.

Insurance companies don't need to test eating habits. Obesity is a known risk factor for many diseases, just like smoking. Insurance companies should be able to charge more to cover higher risk customers.

sqirl1

ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2011
St. Louis, MO
I get what you're saying (nicotine =/= smoking), but nicotine is a poison. Our e-juice has high enough concentrations of nic to easily kill someone. It didn't matter if I was a bit careless with my loose tobacco (one less cigarette I could make), but being careless with my juice could result in the death of one of my wife's cats, or worse, myself.

Insurance companies don't need to test eating habits. Obesity is a known risk factor for many diseases, just like smoking. Insurance companies should be able to charge more to cover higher risk customers.

just because you can overdose on it doesn't make it a poison. take asprin for example. it can relieve headaches and save people with high cholesterol, but take one too many asprins and you could wind up in the ER or dead. granted asprin can't soak through your skin like nicotine can, but any drug can be overdosed on, even some vitamins can be fatal in an overdose. Nicotine may have some negative effects, but there are things just as bad if not worse than many people put in their bodies daily. take alcohol for instance: too much of that on a regular basis and you get liver cancer just as easy as smokers get lung cancer. only difference is the many, many medical uses nicotine has for conditions that are treated with prescription drugs like benzodiazepines that I would most certainly call poison.

Reactions: Xavier_Ninnis

davelog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2011
Phoenix
www.davelog.com
I know this is off topic but assuming that is you in your avatar....you look like Kevin Smith...............look everybody it's silent bob......where is jay at man?....j/k had to be said.....

That's me (although about 10 years ago, I'm a bit grayer now), and I get the Silent Bob thing enough to where I don't even wear a trenchcoat anymore. Nothing against Smith or his characters (I'm a fan), but I looked like this long before he did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread