can i dilute my e-liquid with water to make it less potent?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FleetFoxes

ECF Veteran
Sep 27, 2012
Boston, MA
And if my math if correct I would add 7.5ml of water to dilute it down to 18mg. Idk maybe the concept is not correct but if someone could tell me if this is possible or if I would have to use a different liquid to dilute. I know the solution would still contain 24mg but using the same amount I was using before would be the same as me using an 18mg e-liquid, right?

Last edited:

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
That would be too much water, probably (unless you have a tiny little bottle (4ml, say) of the 24mg liquid. You could dilute it with some VG or some PG (0 nic)....but it'll dilute the flavor, too. You could get some of the same flavor at 12mg and cut your 24mg stuff to 18mg by mixing it half and half. That way you won't dilute the flavor, too.

LucentShadow

ECF Veteran
Dec 28, 2011
Michigan, USA
25% water would almost surely be way too much, unless your liquid is 100% VG, in which case it'd be likely too much.

I'd recommend VG, if you'd prefer getting something a local store. Humco Glycerin USP is sold as a skin protectant at places like Walmart and drug stores. Using it with some distilled water works OK, too. VG will increase vapor, while water will reduce it.

I use around 75% VG, 10% PG-based flavorings, and 15% distilled water on my thinnest mixes. I usually stick to 10% or less water.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread