Status
Not open for further replies.

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
@Bunnykiller after working in the Auto and Marine industries for many years and being a smoker it was easy to accidentally get some on a hand which naturally got on your lips when you went for a drag. I do not taste those substances as a habit but it has happened.

well.... so what does it taste like?? ;)

Reactions: thetrucker

JMarca

E-Cig Afficionado
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2013
New York
I wouldn't use any glue on a tank. It's just not worth the risk of possible contamination. If you can't find replacement parts, I would replace the device.

^ This x1000

Liquid acrylics, glues and other adhesives all contain chemicals, in fact that's their main composition. I know some claim to be safe but you have to remember these are companies trying to sell you their product. My advice better safe than sorry it's just a mod, buy a new one or reach out to the company that made it they might be able to ship you something.

PS: Silicone gasket sealer aka aquarium sealant is toxic enough to warrant a warning on the label telling you not to breath the substance in until it air dries, it might be fish safe if you get the right one (the ones that don't inhibits mildews like the Momentive RTV108 clear gel) but I sure as hell wouldn't want that stuff to come in contact with my juice, it's just not worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread