Clearomizer burnt taste - possible solution

Status
Not open for further replies.

alxrbk

Dec 17, 2009
Uk
Ok guys, I recently bought decadent vapour's 'green cow' eliquid. For those of you who are unfamiliar with it, it contains caffiene, which tends to precipitate out of the liquid at lower temperatures (I assume that the white crystals in the liquid are caffiene).

As a result of this effect, I found that sticking the bottle under my armpit for a little while before using it led to far less precipitate in the bottle and an easier draw into my syringe for filling up my clearo's. (I buy the mega clearo's from tw, not sure what gen they are but would ce5 be about right?) I know it's a bit... eew, but it's a sealed bottle and it's the warmest 'nonpersonal' area I could think of to stick it :p

Anyway, I tried the same thing with my clearo once I noticed a large buildup of the caffiene precipitate inside it; an unintended side-effect of the redissolution of the caffiene was the considerable reduction in burnt taste which I've come to expect from these clearo's sometimes.

My thoughts are that the decreased viscosity of the eliquid due to the higher temperature is aiding the wicking process, allowing more liquid to be drawn and keeping the wick as saturated as possible.

This might also explain the differing experiences of clearo users; some report a consistent burnt taste and others have no problems; if the ambient temperatures under which these users are vaping are too low, the result is poorer wicking and a worse taste.

Any thoughts? I've only been doing this for a few days but I've had no further problems with burning tastes, and the vapour production of my clearo's seems to have improved too. Am I imagining this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread