CE4S bad taste after a short time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karli

Mar 1, 2011
Estonia
Hey y'all

I've been using CE4S clearos for a couple of months now and they usually die, give a lot less vapor or a burnt taste after a short period of time.
Yesterday I remembered reading about removing the rubber cap to get rid of the burnt taste so I tried it out. This worked, clean taste, good vapor and everything but apparently the cap also protected it from leaking so that's a problem.

Any suggestions, please? :vapor:

Cheers!

Last edited:

GoodNews!

Moved On
Oct 25, 2013
Vaping, USA
You could possibly try using a craft knife to trim the bottom edge of the rubber cap ever so slightly - just by a tiny little bit. It could possibly help just a little bit more juice to get to the wick, and as long as you don't keep it upside down for more than 15 seconds or so, it shouldn't have a chance of leaking too bad (also don't fill it up past the bottom of the wick with this method). I tried it, but my coil head was already burned, so I didn't really get a chance to see if it did much or not.

symphonic18

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2013
Atlanta, GA
You could possibly try using a craft knife to trim the bottom edge of the rubber cap ever so slightly - just by a tiny little bit. It could possibly help just a little bit more juice to get to the wick, and as long as you don't keep it upside down for more than 15 seconds or so, it shouldn't have a chance of leaking too bad (also don't fill it up past the bottom of the wick with this method). I tried it, but my coil head was already burned, so I didn't really get a chance to see if it did much or not.

GoodNews, I find it so difficult to read what you write with that silly avatar you have lol

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City
Two other possible issues are the brand of CE4 and the viscosity, or thickness, of your liquid.

CE4's are not all built the same, and I have had some that looked great but vaped badly, giving me a burnt plastic taste. Vision and Bauway are two good brands from my experience, and hold up for a few weeks of use.

The type of liquid you are using could affect this too. Some higher VG liquids are fairly thick, which will slow their wicking. You can thin them slightly with a little PG or water to get better flow.

Good luck getting better results from your CE4's!

symphonic18

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2013
Atlanta, GA
Thanks guys!

I loosened the cap just a bit so it's vaping a lot better right now. The liquid was 100% PG, not too thick so that wasn't the problem.

Good to know that helps! I have one arriving soon as a temp until my fasttech stuff gets in. I had also heard of trimming a bit of the black rubber stop piece near the tip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread