Clearomizers- Whats the best?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rotku

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2012
columbus, oh
I have a lot of delivery system. The trade offs for one versus the other is personal preference.
1) Vision stardust CE4 long wicks non-rebuildable. Easy to fill. OK taste. OK vapor. Wicks get discolored. Not so easy to clean.
2) CE3 Cartomizer - Elite Bottom Coil Cartomizer. Need syringe. OK taste. Less vapor. Cooler vapor. Leaky through the top. Liquid into mouth. CE3 into trash.
3) Nano 510 Clearomizer. Basically a CE3 with muted flavor. Easy to fill. Only lasts about 5-7 days.
4)CE2 dual coil clearomizer for 510 CE2 dual coil clearomizer - VaporBreak . These are great. Need a syringe. No leaking. Great flavor. Great Vapor. Warm Vapor. These things last a long time. Difficult to clean but for a buck a piece they are disposable. My go to favorite.
5) ViVi Nova 2ml 2.8/2.4/1.8 rebuildable. I will be trying this next week.
http://altsmoke.com/vision-vivi-replacement-coil-tank-kit.html
6) Mom and Pop sub tank next week as well. Tanks - Mom and Pop Vapor Shop

Yinzer

ECF Veteran
Dec 6, 2011
Pittsburgh
Rebuildable "stardust" type for me. Slide a 1inch length of 1mm. cotton wick in the 2.8ohm coil
when the silica fiber wears out and get a great performance increase and at least double the
life expectancy from one single head.

ed...with thinner juice I just lay 1 inch of 1/2 mm. cotton wick atop the coil to seal up any gap in the rubber.
No leaks just plumes of vapour.:vapor::vapor:

I ditto that. I tried the T2 but couldn't get it to work well. I have ego mega dual coil carts that I sometimes use, but I've settled on the rebuildable Stardusts (V3) that I pick up from altsmoke. I've been rotating through four 2.8 ohm heads for close to two months, and have yet to burn out a coil. These have never leaked a drop for me.

With the stock wicks, I wasn't impressed with them. Or...with half a tank or more of juice, they were okay, but the wicks couldn't keep up with any voltage over 4.0. I've been using rolled cotton as a replacement that I got at Rite Aid. Roll up a thin wick, work it through a cleaned / dry burned / rinsed coil, trim so the wicks touch the bottom of the tank. Using a push pin makes this a 5 minute job. Set the tip of the cotton in the coil, push it through, gently pull the rest of the wick through. The flavor / th / amount of vapor / wicking are all amazing. Never a dry hit, even as the juice runs very low. I can chain vape them. Plus, voltages 4.4+ are possible, but that provides way too much TH for my liking. I replace the wicks every few days.

The 1.6 ml tank is a drawback. However, I can fill past the 1.6 mark with the cotton wicks in place, usually halfway up the silicone. Probably closer to 2ml liquid. They simply don't leak, never get juice in my mouth. I usually refill 3 or 4 times a day. But, again, that's a minor inconvenience given the performance of the clearo and only takes 30 seconds to remedy :)

Everyone's mileage may very. I'm happy with this setup until something else comes along that, for me, can top it for the price.

Last edited:

mrelwood

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2012
Finland, Europe.
I have ditched Stardusts, changeable coil Stardusts, Phoenix CE3's, Kanger T2 and some others for various reasons. I now use Kanger T3 and Vivi Nova Mini. Especially the T3 has a great vape, but might need some small adjustments to get the best out of it. But that seems to be the case with every clearo.

pfox6586

May 21, 2013
Frederick MD
I love it! Haha - that's what I get for being out of the loop for 2 years. I just managed to fill my CE3s with some liquid without flooding the house. Not a bad vape on them though. :)

I have been using the Kanger pro tank for a couple days now and I love it. Just dont over fill it and you will not get a leak to speak of. Got mine from my local smoke shop for $22. plus it vapes my 18 mg juice wonderfully with plenty of throat hit. Its a 70/30 pg/vg so I get lots of vapor from it as well. Just my two cents.. Good luck...

jefsview

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2013
Crete, Il
I love the protank but the metal in my mouth doesn't sit right with me, has a weird metallic taste and makes my teeth zing. Also I can't imagine vaping it and hiting a pothole...can you see broken teeth? Anyway, YMMV, but with that said vision vivi nova gets my vote hands down.

And wait until winter :)

Can't wait until my lips stick to the mouthpiece during Midwest sub-zero weather.

Kayo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 26, 2012
Northeast PA
I recently got the small 1.6 312 clearo from The Vapor Girl. I swear, that has to be the smoothest vape I`ve ever had. So I just ordered another, plus some 2.0 312. (on a short budget, or I`d have ordered more.) Love those things.

Can you use them with the eGo-C Twist AND ProVari ?

Straybeat

Jun 26, 2010
Phoenix
I really miss the Stone 3's, which brings me to a rant. Everytime I have found something I like, especially the rebuildables, the companies stop making them and/or the vendors stop carrying them. If the vendor can't get them, that's not their fault of course, but I'm really tired of shelling out $20 to buy something cool. A few weeks later I go to buy replacement heads and guess what? Product no longer available! Stop it! I'm not spending $20 every single purchase to get something that's gone as soon as I use up the first one! Spending all this cash is half the reason I gave up tobacco to begin with?

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I really miss the Stone 3's, which brings me to a rant. Everytime I have found something I like, especially the rebuildables, the companies stop making them and/or the vendors stop carrying them. If the vendor can't get them, that's not their fault of course, but I'm really tired of shelling out $20 to buy something cool. A few weeks later I go to buy replacement heads and guess what? Product no longer available! Stop it! I'm not spending $20 every single purchase to get something that's gone as soon as I use up the first one! Spending all this cash is half the reason I gave up tobacco to begin with?

I feel your Pain.

This is Exactly why I stocked up on CE2's while I could.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread