billherbst

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2010
Columbia, Missouri
www.billherbst.com
As far as I know (and I invite correction if I'm wrong), all the relatively inexpensive regulated box mods that appear to buck actually don't. They use PWM---pulse-width modulation---to "achieve" (or simulate) voltages below the battery charge level. What I've read is that regulating chips with true bucking command a considerably higher price. By contrast, PWM is easy and cheap to implement on a chip. With PWM, however, the coil is still getting hit with higher voltage, but in on-off pulses that allow a calculated voltage (avg/mean or rms) that is "technically" lower, but might still be too much for the coil/wick in a low-wattage clearo, and that can result in a burnt taste.

Reactions: gerrymi

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
What it sounds like to me is that Cloupor is done with Mini production, and blowing stock out of inventory at a low wholesale price sans direct consumer warranty support. Doesn't preclude the seller from taking responsibility.
If something does go wrong, you can bet FT will take care of you, especially if you purchased before their announcement (and probably why they bothered to announce it in the first place, so they don't have to take care of anyone who bought it after).

I think you are right on the money there Croak.

I asked 3FVape if their Cloupor came with a manufacturers warranty, they said:

"Normally, we will do six month warranty for product we sold."

So no then.
Uk suppliers are punting them out at £40 and up with a warranty, China is doing them for half that sans manufacturers warranty, but with their own, Thats an easy choice for me.

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
Well, I said I wouldn't get one of these but lost my resolve and picked up a used one here with two Lemo Drops for a decent price. I'm kind of impressed by the weight of this little mod. It gives the Mini a substantial, quality feel.

As for the actual performance I was a bit disappointed by the lack of a buck feature, but resolved that by going to higher ohm coils. Currently using a Kanger Subtank Nano that I bought specifically (no overhang) for this mod, with a 1.2 ohm OCC. I'm getting a nice warm vape at 16 watts with no flashing ohms display.

Overall, for what I spent, I'm happy so far.

Elyptic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 16, 2014
Upstate NY
Well, I said I wouldn't get one of these but lost my resolve and picked up a used one here with two Lemo Drops for a decent price. I'm kind of impressed by the weight of this little mod. It gives the Mini a substantial, quality feel.

As for the actual performance I was a bit disappointed by the lack of a buck feature, but resolved that by going to higher ohm coils. Currently using a Kanger Subtank Nano that I bought specifically (no overhang) for this mod, with a 1.2 ohm OCC. I'm getting a nice warm vape at 16 watts with no flashing ohms display.

Overall, for what I spent, I'm happy so far.
My wife has snagged my Clouper mini for her uses as she loves the size. But I'm tempted to pick up a second specifically for use with the Subtank mini. Will it overhang? Am I better off with the Nano?

I really want to try the Subtank and this seems like the perfect mod for it as a knock around rig.

Bits scrambled by Tapatalk...

Reactions: SS stingray

cobalt327

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 1, 2012
USA
My wife has snagged my Clouper mini for her uses as she loves the size. But I'm tempted to pick up a second specifically for use with the Subtank mini. Will it overhang? Am I better off with the Nano?

I really want to try the Subtank and this seems like the perfect mod for it as a knock around rig.
A 22mm atty will overhang on the Cloupor Mini 1mm on the side towards the buttons. For me this isn't any bother, but some might not agree.

Hammy75

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 10, 2014
New Brunswick, Canada
A 22mm atty will overhang on the Cloupor Mini 1mm on the side towards the buttons. For me this isn't any bother, but some might not agree.

Agreed. I think this mod looks fine with a 22mm atty on them. The Subtank Mini looks fine. Wouldn't be with it to go to smaller capacity and no RBA for me anyway.

Reactions: Elyptic

Elyptic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 16, 2014
Upstate NY
Agreed. I think this mod looks fine with a 22mm atty on them. The Subtank Mini looks fine. Wouldn't be with it to go to smaller capacity and no RBA for me anyway.
This makes sense. I've actually put 22mm attys on my Clouper mini, but somehow thought the Subtank Mini was smaller than 22mm.

I couldn't handle the juice capacity of the nano I don't think. Or the lack of RBA. But the slight overhang I could live with.

Thanks!

Bits scrambled by Tapatalk...

Reactions: Hammy75

heateris

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 18, 2012
SEPA
My mini's 510 is starting to move around a bit. I applied some Krazy Glue and then some hot glue. They helped some but it's not perfect.

I ordered a Kamry 30W v2 from gear beast as a replacement. The spring loaded 510 made my decision.

I'm considering adding a FDV or Varitube 510 to repair my mini.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: SS stingray

SS stingray

ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2014
Port Charlotte. Florida
Cloupor Mini
After 3 months of very heavy use have a problem with my mini. The fire button is not working very good. You have to press several times to fire. Sometimes works and other have to give 2 or 3 presses to fire. I expect this will be a problem with many mods that have heavy use. This mini was one of the first made so will start using # 2.

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
Cloupor Mini
After 3 months of very heavy use have a problem with my mini. The fire button is not working very good. You have to press several times to fire. Sometimes works and other have to give 2 or 3 presses to fire. I expect this will be a problem with many mods that have heavy use. This mini was one of the first made so will start using # 2.
I wonder how hard it would be to replace the fire button on it??? I have replaced the fire button on other mods because of the same issue.

Richu75

ECF Veteran
Mar 7, 2015
Cloupor Mini

Same here in addition to a wobbly 510 connector.
I think the threading is wearing out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread