4176993-realistic-rendering-of-bacteria-in-red-colors-bacteria-cell-cells.jpg

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
Awesome stuff, AT!

how old were you when you got your first "childs" microscope?

I sure remember mine! I think the first slide my brothers and I did was, of course, skin cells. LOL Of course, those science kits were pretty elementary back in the "olden days" .

Alien Traveler

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2014
United States
Awesome stuff, AT!

how old were you when you got your first "childs" microscope?

I sure remember mine! I think the first slide my brothers and I did was, of course, skin cells. LOL Of course, those science kits were pretty elementary back in the "olden days" .
I saved from my allowance, bought microscope and said I found it on the street. Do not remember my age, but hope it was less than eleven - otherwise I should admit I was too dumb at older age.

Reactions: nancybout

caramel

Vaping Master
Dec 23, 2014
alien Traveler" data-source="post: 15984624" class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeBlock--expandable bbCodeBlock--quote js-expandWatch">
alien Traveler said:
I saved from my allowance, bought microscope and said I found it on the street. Do not remember my age, but hope it was less than eleven - otherwise I should admit I was too dumb at older age.

Such a nice guy. I remember being busy inking the school's microscope eyepiece. Classmates with blue circles around their eyes -> priceless.

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
Reactions: Burnie

WharfRat1976

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2014
Austin, Texas
That contamination on the surface almost looks like the surface layer laminating off. Or it could be something deposited on the surface by use. It also looks like it could be removed by brushing or pushing a wick through, or it could be hard and firmly attached. Maybe it's what's left after most of what was there previously was removed by the dry burning. In other words it raises a bunch of questions.

Whatever it is, thanks AT for opening the door on this. I sure would like to know more.
It's both.

DejayRezme

ECF Veteran
  • Mar 22, 2014
    Europe
    Oh wow thank you! This is awesome. Could you please do more? :) How does the x-ray analysis work? Can you do that from inside the electron microscope? And how come you get to play with such nice toys??? :p

I'd love to see how nickel or especially titanium wire holds up! Could I do this with a cheapish 800x USB microscope?

Also did you rinse the coil after the dry burning? (Quenching it?) I wonder weather that helps get rid of contaminants or not. It would be very interesting to find the "best practice" for dry burning. Is water good? Or does tap water deposit more stuff like calcium / minerals?

Or would it make sense to use a spray duster?

Or maybe a miniature ultrasonic cleaner with distilled water?

BTW is the silica in the spectrum graph coming from dust you suck through the atomizer?

Last edited:

skoony

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 31, 2013
    saint paul,mn,usa
    cool pictures for sure.
    now what is the point? we get build up on our
    coils no mater what we use or how we use it.
    the $64.00 dollar question is,how much transfers
    to the juice if any? have any of these compounds
    been found in vapor in comparable amounts?
    still there good pictures.
    regards
    mike

KingOhms

Feb 10, 2015
    Pittsburgh
    if that much debris is left behind, im wondering what a sub-ohm coil at say .5 would be like. I think if we could get that test done, we could see what the electron microscope sees in the difference between the structure of both coils. it wouldn't give us many answers, but it could show us the supposed "more damage" to the coil at sub-ohm levels.

Papillon61

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 22, 2015
    Sunshine Isle
    Take a look on the very first picture, it was not dry burned.

I don't know since I didn't post the question, but he might have meant after the coil being used but not dry burnt, meaning with all the gunk on it. If that is not what he meant that is what I would like to ask. Might be gross but I would love to see what all the accumulated gunk looks like before it is burnt off.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread