ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2012
Fontana, CA
This place reminds me a lot of the other place. Feels comfortable already! :D

Howdy Tiff, nice to see you.
Yes to naps.

Heya, WB! Happy Sunday to ya.

I'd love a nap today. Mr. V is plowing, I am trying to use up eggs. Egg nog is in the fridge, egg custard is in the oven. hmmmmm, maybe a vat of egg salad is on the menu. :unsure:

Oh, house + vanilla = awesome.

I love ALL those egg things. I want some of them all. And House + Vanilla would have to be awesome. *making note to add vanilla to next order and try it*

I can't imagine how it happened.

Zulu isn't part of the egg problem, but he does have a big mouth. Crows to wake me up, crows to get the rest of the birds outside, crows for his breakfast, crows because I wandered past and didn't say Hi. ack.

Zulu sounds like he would be tasty with dumplings. :evil:

Ok, grrr store is done, and I've started dinner early because it has to roast a long time. Making carne al pastor for the first time ever. I've had it a bunch of times in Mexico and here. Sometimes it's wonderful, sometimes meh, depending on who makes it. I read a ton of recipes, didn't exactly like any of them, so I kinda made my own with influence from some of the ones that looked like they would be most authentic and tasty. We shall see. I made a double batch of marinade so I can adjust seasonings and freeze to try a second generation.

Last edited:

tlmoody27

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2012
Middle of No Where, GA
Rick, you and James seem to cook the best recipes and food. I'm simple...pasta, frozen meals, ground beef, and chicken. I'm too lazy to follow a recipe. I do need to make some hog goobers though. Haven't done those in quite a while. With maybe some homemade sweet potato fries. I've just discovered that I love sweet potatoes.

RickMc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2012
Fontana, CA
Rick, you and James seem to cook the best recipes and food. I'm simple...pasta, frozen meals, ground beef, and chicken. I'm too lazy to follow a recipe. I do need to make some hog goobers though. Haven't done those in quite a while. With maybe some homemade sweet potato fries. I've just discovered that I love sweet potatoes.

I dunno what hog goobers are, but I'll eat anything with sweet potato fries. I'm with you - I love sweet potatoes. Have a nice nap, Tiff! :)

FlyingV

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 23, 2010
Verified Witchdoctor - In a Hut
4 more eggs used in my cheesecake. Part 2 is in the oven right now. Part 3 is waiting its turn on the counter. If it doesn't flop I'll post it's picture. It always looks great until I try to take it out of the pan. :oops:

Luckily mine really slowed down over winter woodboy, I'm skeered about this year, having added 5 hens. :shock:

Eat Zulu??? Not a chance. He's my buddy. Loud little buddy, but still.

RickMc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2012
Fontana, CA
4 more eggs used in my cheesecake. Part 2 is in the oven right now. Part 3 is waiting its turn on the counter. If it doesn't flop I'll post it's picture. It always looks great until I try to take it out of the pan. :oops:

Luckily mine really slowed down over winter woodboy, I'm skeered about this year, having added 5 hens. :shock:

Eat Zulu??? Not a chance. He's my buddy. Loud little buddy, but still.

Ah. Well, then that's a horse (roo?) of an entirely different color. ;)

I wanna live at your house and help you eat the eggs and all the things you make them into. Dang....

stretchpants

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2011
The Prettiest in NeverNear
I wasn't going to speak to you but you pulled the Egg Custard card...I love Egg Custard...
I'd love a nap today. Mr. V is plowing, I am trying to use up eggs. Egg nog is in the fridge, egg custard is in the oven. hmmmmm, maybe a vat of egg salad is on the menu. :unsure:

Oh, house + vanilla = awesome.

stretchpants

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2011
The Prettiest in NeverNear
I think it's amazing so many people on this thread raise chickens..Lookin good...
Not exactly overrun, but the girls are still helping out.
plOojLw.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread