Dec 8, 2010
PA, near Philly

RickMc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2012
Fontana, CA
Just make 3 pounds of bacon...Who needs anything else? I ate a pound all by myself the other day...Have a beer and Bacon..

There IS always the KISS approach. It has a lot to recommend it, and I know James would be all over this plan.

Have you ever tried Belgian beer? I could drink that all day long.It tastes like the beer my Dad used to drink.I often wondered why I didn't care for beer as an adult...It's because any beer Mr.Crabbpants had in the house tasted like PI$$...I was on vacaton with Nick and he ordered a Belgian beer...I tried it...It was Mahvelous Dahlings...So when we go out.I always drink his beer..

The Belgians have mastered the art of beer. For them, it's all in the yeast. Brewed in abbies that NEVER get cleaned/sanitized or exposed to any other yeast (like baking bread). It's the reason Belgian ales are so distinctive. You can love 'em or not, but they are truly unique. Some Belgian ales are AMAZING. if you kill the yeast strain off, that ale will never be brewed again.

I love my neighbors.They called to say they were going to Walmart and asked if I needed anything then cleaned my steps sidewalk and walkway...It'a STILL snowing.If anyone says "Global Warming" to me it's on.....

*whisper*but Al Gore says...*whisper*

@ Tiff, the fluffy ones are Silkies. Those are Drott and Stretchy's faults.

My dear, if we start blaming enablers for our purchases, the entire posse is going to Hell. :D

Can anyone guess what color I got.:lol::lol:

Easiest riddle ever. Sheesh.

It kooks nice with a Pro Tank Mini though.

Yes, it does! Almost makes me want one.

efirdj

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2011
Clover, SC
Good evenin' y'all

Im sitting here listening to my wife ramble on about the gossip she picks up on from the town. Im not really listening to her though. I dunno anything of who or what she's talking about. And she's reading this as Im typing it, saying "REALLY??!!??". Yeah. I tell all.

Charli has been beautified. Kinda. They cut her snout a lot closer than we're used to having done. Now she looks like a poodle. I dont like it. But her face is so soft and fuzzy! I also got my betta. He looks cool. He's a red male that I named "Eric the Red". He also has an odd color to his eyes that like glow blue. CJ just asked "Whats his name again?" And Mrs E replied "Eric". No dear wife. Its Eric the Red. Not just Eric. Of course I had to explain who Eric the Red was. When I told Kat that he was Lief Ericson's father, it finally clicked. Naturally, no one else in the family understands the reference, but oh well. I also found a cheap betta tank for him. Our old one was a 1.5 gallon hexagonal shaped tank. This one is a bit smaller at 1 gallon, but its a half moon shape, so you have a clear view of the fish no matter where he is. No refraction like the old one. And the lighting on it is much brighter. I need to go back up there and get a moss ball for it. And maybe some of those bigger clear stones for the bottom so I can use the light under the tank. And it was only $13!

Enjoy your weekend and mancave night. You know you don't have to take Charli to Petsmart. You can take a road trip and I'll do it.
I didnt go to the mancave. After the kids went to bed and I had my ice cream ration for the day, I started to fall asleep on the couch. Thats when you figure out sleep may be more important than a mancave.

I would love to take a road trip to you. Seriously. But a $7 face trim is cheaper than the gas it would take to get there. And that sucks. You would probably do a much better job of it.

I look up and it's almost 11. Just another busy day. I am getting more hours but they are making me WORK for it. The day shift guy said he is done with these hours soon, I'm really hoping it won't adversely effect me.
Mrs G is at her parents house because my niece has her birthday party tomorrow. I don't handle 48+ hours of no sleep well so they are there.
James, we actually just got our second beta fish. The first ones name was fishy, this one is bluey. She named our truck too, wanna guess??????? It is Trucky. She is so creative... before that we always mean fish... Oscars, green terrors, devil fish, if they didn't eat fish we didn't want them. And then they started breeding. Super mean fish breeding are something like the devil in a fish tank. You couldn't even walk by without them trying to attack you. Well back to work...
Happy (everyone else but me and nogrin) weekend.
The good thing about being busy is the fact that it makes the day fly by. Hope the other guy's hours dont hurt you too bad. You already work too much.

Ah yes. The glory of such unique names. This is our third or fourth one. The first one we got after a brief foray into fish. I started with guppies. I got all males. And I got them all male for a REASON. Apparently, fish do not maintain sex in a single sex environment. After a few months, one of the "males" started getting bigger. A week or two later, we had nearly 2 dozen fry (baby fish). So, we got rid of the guppies. Then I moved on to tetras. BEAUTIFUL fish, by the way. I loved watching them swim in a group. But then, for some reason, I couldnt keep the water balanced with the right salinity and pH, and eventually killed them. Thats when I gave up and put a betta in a 10 gallon tank. Kat picked it out. It was blue. So, she called it Blue Buzz. Its also what she called the VHS copy of Toy Story, as it was in a blue case. The next one was also blue. I named it Beethoven just because I couldnt stand listening to the kids' idiodic ideas. When that one died, the kids picked out yet another blue one. Thats the one where my vote was overridden. I named it Neptune. When he died a few days ago, I was happy when I realized I would get to pick out this one.

And my truck is named Brutus. My POS Honda is called POS. Mrs E hasnt named the van. She's a loser.

Does Boones Farm still cost $1.00 per bottle? :confused:
There's a reason for that! :laugh:

The Indian chick and I are working on the Super Bowl bar food menu. Finalists so far are:

Bacon-jalapeno nachos
Baguettes and Pizza dip
I vote nachos.

Which is why Im going to my brother's house and making him make nachos. I'm doing the queso, but he's doing the rest of it. And we make enough nachos that you dont need anything else with them.

Just make 3 pounds of bacon...Who needs anything else? I ate a pound all by myself the other day...Have a beer and Bacon..
I couldnt have said it better myself!!!

tlmoody27

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2012
Middle of No Where, GA
Date night was fun. Went to eat, found a coupon for buy one get on half off, used the GC, and paid nothing out of pocket. Now we have the rest of the evening to play on the computer, phone, tv, whatever, and barely talk. :lol: The waitress asked us if everything was ok. She said we were awfully quiet and she thought we were unhappy with the service. I told her no, everything was great, we just don't talk a lot. :laugh:

We took the car tonight and I HATE for him to drive it. He's a good driver all in all but when he get's behind the wheel of my car he turns into a 17 year old kid again. I have to hold on to the "oh sheet" bar. He said he sure wish he had a car like this when he was a kid and not the 1978 Ford Econoline van. Yep, he drove a big brown van, teardrop window in the back, shag carpet wall to wall inside. And it even had a bed. Seriously, whoever had it before him had it done. :facepalm:

@ Tiff, the fluffy ones are Silkies. Those are Drott and Stretchy's faults.

I must have one or five. My neighbors would not think too kindly of it though.

I want a pink one...

You know that's the color I would choose too.

Can anyone guess what color I got.:lol::lol:

hmmmm, that's a hard one. :laugh:

stretchpants

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2011
The Prettiest in NeverNear
Belgian Beer is distinctive...and tasty but I find myself wanting to gulp it down like water...
There IS always the KISS approach. It has a lot to recommend it, and I know James would be all over this plan.

The Belgians have mastered the art of beer. For them, it's all in the yeast. Brewed in abbies that NEVER get cleaned/sanitized or exposed to any other yeast (like baking bread). It's the reason Belgian ales are so distinctive. You can love 'em or not, but they are truly unique. Some Belgian ales are AMAZING. if you kill the yeast strain off, that ale will never be brewed again.

*whisper*but Al Gore says...*whisper*

My dear, if we start blaming enablers for our purchases, the entire posse is going to Hell. :D

Easiest riddle ever. Sheesh.

Yes, it does! Almost makes me want one.

Bamrz

Z.A.P.T. Member*
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 8, 2010
PA, near Philly
I don't name my cars, but my first bike's name was Gracie (Amazing Grace) and the one I have now is named Odin. And it's not really that I named them, more like they let me know what their names were. :blink:

Strangely, most of the pets I've had were already named when I got them. I did have a Siamese when we lived in VA that I named Chani, and of course I named Xena. :)

stretchpants

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2011
And of course Beethoven is in no way odd to name a fish...
Good evenin' y'all

Im sitting here listening to my wife ramble on about the gossip she picks up on from the town. Im not really listening to her though. I dunno anything of who or what she's talking about. And she's reading this as Im typing it, saying "REALLY??!!??". Yeah. I tell all.

Charli has been beautified. Kinda. They cut her snout a lot closer than we're used to having done. Now she looks like a poodle. I dont like it. But her face is so soft and fuzzy! I also got my betta. He looks cool. He's a red male that I named "Eric the Red". He also has an odd color to his eyes that like glow blue. CJ just asked "Whats his name again?" And Mrs E replied "Eric". No dear wife. Its Eric the Red. Not just Eric. Of course I had to explain who Eric the Red was. When I told Kat that he was Lief Ericson's father, it finally clicked. Naturally, no one else in the family understands the reference, but oh well. I also found a cheap betta tank for him. Our old one was a 1.5 gallon hexagonal shaped tank. This one is a bit smaller at 1 gallon, but its a half moon shape, so you have a clear view of the fish no matter where he is. No refraction like the old one. And the lighting on it is much brighter. I need to go back up there and get a moss ball for it. And maybe some of those bigger clear stones for the bottom so I can use the light under the tank. And it was only $13!

I didnt go to the mancave. After the kids went to bed and I had my ice cream ration for the day, I started to fall asleep on the couch. Thats when you figure out sleep may be more important than a mancave.

I would love to take a road trip to you. Seriously. But a $7 face trim is cheaper than the gas it would take to get there. And that sucks. You would probably do a much better job of it.

The good thing about being busy is the fact that it makes the day fly by. Hope the other guy's hours dont hurt you too bad. You already work too much.

Ah yes. The glory of such unique names. This is our third or fourth one. The first one we got after a brief foray into fish. I started with guppies. I got all males. And I got them all male for a REASON. Apparently, fish do not maintain sex in a single sex environment. After a few months, one of the "males" started getting bigger. A week or two later, we had nearly 2 dozen fry (baby fish). So, we got rid of the guppies. Then I moved on to tetras. BEAUTIFUL fish, by the way. I loved watching them swim in a group. But then, for some reason, I couldnt keep the water balanced with the right salinity and pH, and eventually killed them. Thats when I gave up and put a betta in a 10 gallon tank. Kat picked it out. It was blue. So, she called it Blue Buzz. Its also what she called the VHS copy of Toy Story, as it was in a blue case. The next one was also blue. I named it Beethoven just because I couldnt stand listening to the kids' idiodic ideas. When that one died, the kids picked out yet another blue one. Thats the one where my vote was overridden. I named it Neptune. When he died a few days ago, I was happy when I realized I would get to pick out this one.

And my truck is named Brutus. My POS Honda is called POS. Mrs E hasnt named the van. She's a loser.

There's a reason for that! :laugh:

I vote nachos.

Which is why Im going to my brother's house and making him make nachos. I'm doing the queso, but he's doing the rest of it. And we make enough nachos that you dont need anything else with them.

I couldnt have said it better myself!!!

efirdj

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2011
Clover, SC
I don't name my cars, but my first bike's name was Gracie (Amazing Grace) and the one I have now is named Odin. And it's not really that I named them, more like they let me know what their names were. :blink:

Strangely, most of the pets I've had were already named when I got them. I did have a Siamese when we lived in VA that I named Chani, and of course I named Xena. :)
:eek: I havent named my bike!!! I need to ride more to figure it out.

And of course Beethoven is in no way odd to name a fish...
Tis true. However, you shoudlve heard the ridiculousness that they were coming up with. Seriously. It was painful.

efirdj

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2011
Clover, SC
After I put the kids in bed, it wasnt ten minutes later when Melanie came out of the bedroom complaining about a weird noise. I go into the bedroom to listen, and sure enough, there was a really odd noise coming from downstairs. I go downstairs, and its two of the condensate pumps. One on the heat pump, and one on one of the dehumidifiers. Both of them were overheating, so I turned them off and came upstairs for my ice cream. Because NOTHING gets in the way of ice cream. After that, I went back down there and pulled the pump off the heat pump, emptied it into a bucket and removed the pump from the reservoir. Its surprisingly clean, so that meant that the pump itself wasnt clogged. So I take the one on the dehumidifier apart and its fairly clean too. Then I actually had to use my brain and realized that both of them are on the same drain line. I follow it through the ceiling to where it dumps outside. Go outside and find the discharge. Not a drop of water. I follow it back towards the house and find it frozen solid. I went to the end of the ice, and cracked the hose about 6 inches from the house and water sprayed everywhere. Which is good. But when I went to break that section of the hose completely off, it broke about two inches from the house, and thats not good. At best, the discharge water will dribble down the house. At worst, its going to follow the hose back into the house. If it does that, Im going to have to buy 100' of hose and run a new line, which will involve pulling the old hose out and resealing it because it runs behind a wall. And that means that I'll have to drill another hole through the brick wall to run the new hose out. I miss the days when dad fixed everything. No one ever told me growing up meant having to fix your own house.

And do you have a bell?
I do! The guy that gave it to me knew I had a thing for eagles and got me this:

I had a hard time finding a place to put it. I settled on putting it under the passenger pegs, but it still isnt as low as it should be.

When hubby was born they were seriously going to name him Edwina if he was a girl. :laugh: Sometimes I call him that just to annoy him.
Thats one of those secrets that you never tell anyone. ESPECIALLY your wife.

stretchpants

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2011
I'm glad you found it and it all turned out well.
After I put the kids in bed, it wasnt ten minutes later when Melanie came out of the bedroom complaining about a weird noise. I go into the bedroom to listen, and sure enough, there was a really odd noise coming from downstairs. I go downstairs, and its two of the condensate pumps. One on the heat pump, and one on one of the dehumidifiers. Both of them were overheating, so I turned them off and came upstairs for my ice cream. Because NOTHING gets in the way of ice cream. After that, I went back down there and pulled the pump off the heat pump, emptied it into a bucket and removed the pump from the reservoir. Its surprisingly clean, so that meant that the pump itself wasnt clogged. So I take the one on the dehumidifier apart and its fairly clean too. Then I actually had to use my brain and realized that both of them are on the same drain line. I follow it through the ceiling to where it dumps outside. Go outside and find the discharge. Not a drop of water. I follow it back towards the house and find it frozen solid. I went to the end of the ice, and cracked the hose about 6 inches from the house and water sprayed everywhere. Which is good. But when I went to break that section of the hose completely off, it broke about two inches from the house, and thats not good. At best, the discharge water will dribble down the house. At worst, its going to follow the hose back into the house. If it does that, Im going to have to buy 100' of hose and run a new line, which will involve pulling the old hose out and resealing it because it runs behind a wall. And that means that I'll have to drill another hole through the brick wall to run the new hose out. I miss the days when dad fixed everything. No one ever told me growing up meant having to fix your own house.

I do! The guy that gave it to me knew I had a thing for eagles and got me this:

I had a hard time finding a place to put it. I settled on putting it under the passenger pegs, but it still isnt as low as it should be.

Thats one of those secrets that you never tell anyone. ESPECIALLY your wife.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread