Status
Not open for further replies.

janieT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2012
USA
Seriously? I'm going to be a bit sarcastic (really I always am anyway). I told my in-laws we were going home & they thought they'd come down a night to see us (they live 6 hours away). Then my SIL finds out (she just moved from Seattle to her new ultra urban cabin that replaced their really cute little cabin), which is about 5 hours away & she wants to come down too. I had mentioned to her in emails yesterday as we went back and forth that we thought we'd have a family dinner on Thursday because its our only night free. With 10 kids, we figured Old Country Buffet would be a good choice. No, no, no....She wants Texas Roadhouse and went on to explain to me where it is, I replied back that I could easily shoot my brothers house from there (duh, I use to live right there). Plus its rather expensive (for some of the families, including her daughter's family!!!). Then she emailed me and thought it would be a good idea to invite Mr. Hubby's brothers/wives up from Des Moines. Where is the bang head when I need it. We have ONE night to spend with family - the rest is dedicated to my daughter and our friends. I just saw my in-laws last November, really, thats enough for the year and I just saw my SIL in February, again, thats enough for one year. I have not seen my family in 2.5 years. I'm adding people in my head and its spinning. I'm sure my sister will chime in that we should eat somewhere closer to where two of her kids live - a good 25 miles north of the cities off of I94 which during rush hour will take over an hour and 1/2 going north.

GOSH DARNIT, I'm planning this, so leave me alone people. If you don't like it don't come!

Rant over! :lol:

efirdj

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2011
Clover, SC
Hump day... More like Humph Day. I wont bother y'all with another complaint. I'll just say today and probably tomorrow will suck.

At least the week is about half way over. Only 2.75 more days. And its an odd combination of dragging too slowly, yet time is flying by too fast. Its too slow because Im anxious for the weekend, but too fast because I dont feel like I have enough time in the day to do what I need to do.

JD, I saw that the hurricane pretty much stalled out. How are you fairing down there? I also saw where there was a lot of flooding from both the rainfall and storm surge.

***Edit***
I see I was a bit late with my post... Dude... You all may want to make a quick dash over to your house...

things have been quite busy v! kids started school today. first day in a new school. sis is now home. in pain but recovering well. she has a long road ahead..but the baby is strong and still growing and she is happy to be in her own home instead of the hospital a lil over an hour from her house.
That is wonderful news Gad. Not the pain part, but everything else.

stretchpants

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2011
The Prettiest in NeverNear
YAY!! Good News :)
things have been quite busy v! kids started school today. first day in a new school. sis is now home. in pain but recovering well. she has a long road ahead..but the baby is strong and still growing and she is happy to be in her own home instead of the hospital a lil over an hour from her house.

janieT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2012
USA
Well, got woke up to tree coming through the patio and kitchen of the neighbors house we're staying at. The scary part its we are just getting the outer bands of the storm. Everyone is ok. Vaping like mad right now.

Oh no, hope all is well. Keep vaping! How is your house or can't you get over to see it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread