Coppervape BF Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

benley73

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2016
I have a Coppervape Goon 22mm and the Coppervape Split Atty coming from Gearbest and they both have bf pins (at least advertised as such). Hopefully will have them by this weekend to confirm. I'm sure Coppervape has other models that are bf capable as well.
Yeah they make a 22 and 24mm goon , I'm thinking of one but I already bf my goon an my LP goon along with the Virus rda too which has tbe dual 528 plated clamps spring loaded , under over coil legs on the clamps

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

VladK16

ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2013
Toledo, OH USA
Just wanted to confirm that both the Coppervape Split Atty and the Goon 22 have BF pins from Gearbest. Haven't had a chance to play with the Goon yet as the Split Atty has consumed most of my attention. I've never received an order from China so quick before...shipped on 2/18 and got it on 2/24 :w00t:

For those of you who have the Split Atty, is the hole between the two top posts supposed to be blocked? I've had leaking coming from the outer airflow holes when I squonk and I noticed that liquid is going through that top hole (it's the top liquid intake hole) and doesn't seem to fill the tank quickly through the holes in the post that feed liquid directly into the tank. The one thing that I really do like about that center post top hole is that it directly saturates the coils when you squonk... Other than that, I'm really liking this RTA.

Reactions: TheWestPole

CagedSpam

ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2015
FoPo, Oregon
Ill probably modify bf pin so that excess liquid gets sucked out after sqounking.

Having used the Coppervape for a month or so with Vicious Ant Cyclone. Seems the RDA deck has the most influence on remaining juice. My reservoir/bottle was getting kind of dark by the bottom.

Started with a bit lighter squonk - issue seems to have gone away.

TLDR - These mods seem to suck a lot of juice back in. YMMV

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
My reservoir/bottle was getting kind of dark by the bottom.
If you have this problem then you are not getting complete drainage from your atty. What is happening is whatever remains in your atty gets cooked while you vape and then when you squonk fresh juice in your atty, it is mixing with the cooked juice and returning some cooked juice to the bottle with some of the remaining fresh juice...

This was discovered by a few of us old timers back a few years ago when RDA's became the norm on BF'rs and the pins that were drilled weren't allowing all remaining juice to return to the bottle before vaping. Atty's like the O-16 you will not see this because the pin is flush with the deck...

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
It would be nice if the mfrgr's would use the concave bottom like the original Cyclone had.
The concave bottom is ok, but even in the beginning VA used to drill the cross hole above deck level and it made no difference. Then Tom started doing pins for them and they worked really good for a while and then one day he decided the holes should be drilled above deck level because it fit his vape style with having excess liquid in the bottom of the atty. Its no different than the pins that some mfg's supply with new atty's except he drills a larger diameter hole in his pins...

Reactions: oplholik

TheWestPole

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2015
Los Angeles
For those of you who have the Split Atty, is the hole between the two top posts supposed to be blocked? I've had leaking coming from the outer airflow holes when I squonk and I noticed that liquid is going through that top hole (it's the top liquid intake hole) and doesn't seem to fill the tank quickly through the holes in the post that feed liquid directly into the tank. The one thing that I really do like about that center post top hole is that it directly saturates the coils when you squonk... Other than that, I'm really liking this RTA.

I have the CV SA and didn't like squonking overflowing onto the deck. I plugged it with a toothpick the first hour I had it. Should be tapped and accept a grub screw to shut it off IMO.

Last edited:
Reactions: VladK16

VladK16

ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2013
Toledo, OH USA
I have the CV SA and didn't I like squonking overflowing onto the deck. I plugged it with a toothpick the first hour I had it. Should be tapped and accept a grub screw to shut it off IMO.

Agreed..even though I don't think it's supposed to fit, I used one of the smaller post grub screws and kind of made it fit by forcing it. Stops the flow but the toothpick idea probably would have saved me a lot of grief ;)

Reactions: TheWestPole

ST Dog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2013
Rocket City
Doesn't the positive post on battery go down so that it comes into contact with screw in bottom battery cap on CV?

No, because the case of the battery is ground.
A break in the wrap on the battery could then cause a short with no way to disconnect it.

benley73

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2016
On my CV the Narda,No Toy both have too long 510 pin so they don't sit flush on CV.
Narda is probably the best tasting atomizer Ive tried.No Toy is great but Narda a bit better.
Does the 510 pin on CV adjust?
Its been said before but you can adjust the whole 510 part to sit lower so longer threads on RDA,s sit flush , on the top of the mod, Its fully adjustable via stripping it all down , but when you swap over rda,s they might not make full connection , or just throw on a tank , Mod gaurd rings ,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread