Status
Not open for further replies.

Steamer861

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2014
Canada
Thanks for an honest review. Usually reviews are all hyped up and everything is Great and the Best tank 2017! (Basically most YouTube reviewers) Don't get me started on that rant.
Couldn't agree more about the YT reviewers!
If I like the looks of an atty the only opinion that matters to me on how it performs, is Mine! :)
Daniel from DJLS, 2 weeks ago said the Ammit25 was his best tank to date, then a week later it was the SMM atty that was best! Next week it will be some thing else! It's all BS! sponsored by vape hardware manufacturers!

hobbes4

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2009
Everyone is entitled to their opinion of course, we all have our preferences. I happen to find the Skyline to be excellent for MTL. I use the 3 x 1mm air hole disk and the 2 x 1.5mm air disk, with a 28g 2.5mm id spaced coil in the 1-1.2ohm range. I get a damn good vape from it and no leaks.

That being said, I really don't think the chimney diameter can support the larger slot disk. I don't know for sure since I don't use them but usually when I see air that big the chimney is also much wider to accommodate the airflow.

Is it the "Best Ever"? No, but what is? All have their plus and minus. For me, I really like it and have been using it none stop in my XVO 60 since they both arrived.

benley73

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2016
Couldn't agree more about the YT reviewers!
If I like the looks of an atty the only opinion that matters to me on how it performs, is Mine! :)
Daniel from DJLS, 2 weeks ago said the Ammit25 was his best tank to date, then a week later it was the SMM atty that was best! Next week it will be some thing else! It's all BS! sponsored by vape hardware manufacturers!
It always is they get tons of freebies and nearly all Youtubers are probably the big same eBay sellers too under different names , riptrippers video showing his vape Collection wtf , saying he had 5 full rooms at one point ,
why send him 30 of each tank
Mod RD, ect, if not for them to be paid off
they only give away 1 or 2 ,
So rest get sold off for there revenue ,
Its why they Get so defense when asked ,
99% of other vapers either do a build video / Review after purchasing there own rta / atty / mod either out of love or hate of it

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

benley73

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2016
Been using mine all week ,
Tried a few builds kept a 26g SS slightly spaced build in there for past 2 days , used the biggest disk airflow on this pic 13.5w , its nice kind of like 5ml Nautilus Original , with Airflow bored out a little ,
Fruity Flavours do well in it , fruity Loops , Lemon Tart , Blk Astaire ,
b09f2ae36cf99b6596768500bcbfb9dc.jpg

Chodi

ECF Veteran
Sep 10, 2016
I have long considered that the YT reviewers are not performing a public service. They are making money. Still some are very good at it and make watching their reviews informative and fun. Just my personal opinion but I believe some are making significant money on those reviews. It also enhances their star power in an age where everyone can be a YT star.

benley73

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2016
I have long considered that the YT reviewers are not performing a public service. They are making money. Still some are very good at it and make watching their reviews informative and fun. Just my personal opinion but I believe some are making significant money on those reviews. It also enhances their star power in an age where everyone can be a YT star.
Some are great at Reviewing testing the more unique types of tanks rda,s ect Psul Bussado , Todd, others like Djslabs where they testing mods resistance and true power output as well as all the actual selling features and such properly,
By using there own made coils,
Others bugger named ones throw on a quick build thats Actual been sent them
and rave how great it is, some item's are , but how come its always the best since sliced bread.
Until the next video comes out and suddenly thats the best ever again and again
Some of the best Flavourful atties are not huge cloud checkers and can do it at low wattage simple builds, these to me are the better types.
Practically and rta or big tank can give Flavours at high wattage due to the massive amount of Vapour being evaporated which makes them types all the same, +
There selling promoting there own juices an so on it just repetitive garbage.
Ravin about the same old brands

The best thing about all these vaping style is variety = Airflow and your build/ wicking.
Thats nearly what all Flavour is dependent on.

Last edited:
Reactions: 52anddone

Steamer861

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2014
Canada
Today my Sky Line RTA came from Copper Vapes :) Bought on FB Direct from CV
It does have a logo & a serial # on it
The build quality looks all right :) good threading, nice fit & Finnish :)
I have the largest Air Disk in it & the Air flow is good :) Better than the K-F V5, the Square X Dream & the Hussar. It has a nice direct lung hit draw, like the Hurricane V2.
Flavour seems to be on par with all the expensive RTA clones,mentioned above :)
The deck posts are a bit close together, but I was able to get an 8 wrap spaced 2.5mm Ti round wire coil in there. It seems to be wicking really nice :)
My first impressions are Good! :) I'l use it for a few days & see if I can find any flaws.

mrjohs

ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2015
So, some issues are emerging: In some cases I experienced flooding after filling it. After a bit of research I suspected that the JFC actually pushes juice into the chamber when closing it. Think about it, it makes sense: It makes the tank volume a bit smaller, so the juice has to go somewhere, which is a) into the tank or b) into the chamber.

Today I tried to:

1) Close the JFC.
2) Vape it dry.
3) Opening/closing the jfc repeatedly about 5-6 times (with the top cap closed).

After that I had juice pouring out the airflow holes.

ToolmanTexas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2014
T for Texas!
So, some issues are emerging: In some cases I experienced flooding after filling it. After a bit of research I suspected that the JFC actually pushes juice into the chamber when closing it. Think about it, it makes sense: It makes the tank volume a bit smaller, so the juice has to go somewhere, which is a) into the tank or b) into the chamber.

Today I tried to:

1) Close the JFC.
2) Vape it dry.
3) Opening/closing the jfc repeatedly about 5-6 times (with the top cap closed).

After that I had juice pouring out the airflow holes.
I wonder if flipping it upside down when closing JFC would eliminate?

Reactions: 52anddone

Kusie

ECF Veteran
Jun 21, 2017
Germany
I´ve read the following under a youtube review

of this clone:

** Updated two cons: Sharp knurlings, careful; this is most probably due to the clone. Darker liquid seeping into the tank every time you open / close JFC; this is a con of the actual authentic, condensation between the inner and outer chimneys.

I think he means sharp edges? Did anybody experience sharp edges anywhere?
The "darker liquid seeping into the tank" effect I also noticed on my Merlin RTA, can sombody explain what exactly happens here?

K.

mrjohs

ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2015
I think he means sharp edges? Did anybody experience sharp edges anywhere?The "darker liquid seeping into the tank" effect I also noticed on my Merlin RTA, can sombody explain what exactly happens here?

I have not noticed any sharp edges.

I have noticed darkening of juice. It MIGHT be caused by a little bit of air coming through between the inner and outer chamber.

Steamer861

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2014
Canada
I have run a few tanks through mine, I'm not noticing any flooding or leaking at all :)
The tank is performing flawless for me so far & the flavour is pretty good :)
One thing, the JFC has quite a long throw! Many rotations to open & close it & not the most comfortable grip on the JFC control.

Reactions: benley73

Domejunky

Feb 28, 2017
Mine arrived today from Fasttech. Bought on Father's day to take advantage of the discount. Going to play tonight. Quick visual inspection shows bits of swarf still attached to the pos/neg holes - nothing major though

[Edit]

Couldn't resist. Disassembled. Got rid of the swarf. Quick rinse. Used the smallest, 2 hole, adapter. 7 wraps of 27g, 2.5mm. Remarkable vape!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread