Not open for further replies.

ToolmanTexas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2014
T for Texas!
Hello everybody,
I´m a MTL only vaper and I just ordered this Clone from GB with the extra disk package after a major disappointment with a kayfun Mini V3 Plus Clone from fasttech which was crappy. I hope this might be the perfect MTL tank for me. I´m a bit curious though about the many disks and how they perform and which one might be best for a good MTL experience while not losing too much flavor. The smallest one seems to have only one very thin hole, maybe 1 mm ? May I ask the people who already have it which material the disks are made of? Could the insert with the smallest single hole maybe be drilled up a bit to 1,5 mm? I think that might be better than 2 small holes next to each other?

Hope it doesn´t leak... I hate leaking.
K.
Don't have the skyline yet but will echo @kiba on the Hussar w mtl kit and micro chamber.. also the SXK doggy style at fasttech for $10 w coupon code MAP is a fantastic mtl tank

Reactions: bigbob2322

mrjohs

ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2015
Ok, so I got mine in today. What a perfect tank. For me a perfect amount of airflow is the K5 on setting 2, which I am getting on the Skyline, as well as potential to go all the way from MTL to full blast. Quality of machining is top notch. I have never owned a high end authentic tank, but I cannot imagine that threads can be very much smoother then on this. Airflow is also smooth and quiet. This is the first day for me with it so I hope no issues will arise, like condensation in the base or anything like that.

But one question: In pictures online the post holes seem to be parallell (i.e at the same height). I am pretty sure they were parallell on mine too when it came, but when I put it back together after cleaning it the positive posthole is now slightly below the negative one. That is more of a feature than a bug, but I am a little concerned that I might have overlooked or missed a piece somewhere, or done something wrong when putting it together again.

Someone else have misaligned post holes?

mrjohs

ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2015
Watch AT THE 32 minute 33 second mark, Phil addresses the issue.

Yeah... On his the posts align to the same height as he screws the base together. On mine, the positive post (on the right when viewed from front) is slightly lower than the negative post after screwing the base together.

It's not a problem, I am just curious as to wether this is normal on the Coppervape version.

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    Yeah... On his the posts align to the same height as he screws the base together. On mine, the positive post (on the right when viewed from front) is slightly lower than the negative post after screwing the base together.

It's not a problem, I am just curious as to wether this is normal on the Coppervape version.
    Did you maybe lose a grommet or insulator down the sink? I always snap a few pictures of new atomizers when I disassemble it so I know if something was lost.

mrjohs

ECF Veteran
    Apr 3, 2015
    Did you maybe lose a grommet or insulator down the sink? I always snap a few pictures of new atomizers when I disassemble it so I know if something was lost.

Quite sure I did not, but can't guarantee it. As far as I have seen there are three insulators in the base:

1) One for the 510 screw on the very bottom.
    2) A larger disc that the "L" shaped positive post rests on.
    3) A tiny one which goes up the hole for the positive post.

Have I missed any?

h00ligan

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 2, 2015
    London, UK
    I received mine today. It was about a week with slow shipping. Pleasantly surprised how fast it arrived.

As for clone quality I have a really hard time thinking the authentic is much of at all better. The machining is excellent with this clone and I have to think it's about as 1:1 as it gets.

I think esg is taking the piss a bit with their pricing. Over $200 and you don't get the ten pieces of plastic is just gouging. Hell €5 for all of them would even be ok. They don't need to turns. Profit on air discs when they're necessary to get the best performance per person

I typically don't buy clones but the pricing. The gouging on the air disks. And he lack of availability made it pretty easy for me to feel fine.

As for the clone again it's great quality. As for the vape. Eh. It was so hyped I probably expected more tha. I should have. I'm also only on two builds and two air discs. I have faith I'll find one that works superbly but I haven't yet. The 3x1.8 was too airy as was he 3x 1.5. I'm going to try the 2x1.5 next.

Right now the titanium gem from mark bugs and the heron v2 and spheroid v4 from GP are probably my three favorite atomizers. This doesn't seem likely to beat any of those. But now my expectations have been dashed maybe I can have a real experience with t and be surprised.

2 things for those with authentics

1) when the tank is tightened down all the way can you move the afc? On the clone the afc is dead even with the bottom of he atomizer which means when it's screwed down you cannot move it.

2) I wonder if the chimney threads are a little short on the clone. It does t take much to get it in and out.

kiba

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 21, 2012
    Alexandria, Va, USA
    www.facebook.com
    As for the clone again it's great quality. As for the vape. Eh.

Couldn't agree more, over. hyped. granted it's a decent atty but imo the best things about the skyline are the machining quality, ease of build and all the air discs, for me the vape wasn't one of them, it's just ok. My 2 faves are the hussar and ubertoot, and they def. beat it hands down.

1)yes, on all of my mods except the vape shark which has a rubberized finish I can turn it.

2) it should take a few full turns to get it off.

Reactions: h00ligan

h00ligan

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 2, 2015
    London, UK
    Couldn't agree more, over. hyped. granted it's a decent atty but imo the best things about the skyline are the machining quality, ease of build and all the air discs, for me the vape. Wasn't one of them, it's just ok.

1)yes, on all of my mods except the vape shark which has a rubberized finish I can turn it.

2) it should take a few full turns to get it off.

Thanks mate! It's the mod it was on. It spins fine on another mod. I had a feeling. Stab wood mods with raised stainless 510 seem to do that.

I also just took it apart.

For the vape
    Quality it changes drastically with he different air discs. My advice is find he air disk that lets you use the afc wide open. Tubing with the disk made a much better vape for me.

Also it seems like it doesn't like big builds. I was using a clapton build before but changing down to simple wire actually increased vape density and flavor. Odd experience but true.

Reactions: 52anddone

kiba

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 21, 2012
    Alexandria, Va, USA
    www.facebook.com
    Yeah I have to be real careful getting claptons in mine, it won't take fused but I have gotten a 3mm ID regular clapton just spaced enough to work in TC.

The other thing I don't really care for about the skyline is that it gunks up and turns my juice brown really fast compared to other atomizers, I have to rebuild a lot or it tastes gross. I think it's bc of the way the wicks are long and placed down into the deck. I found it doesn't do so good with cotton so I use rayon in it.

The hussar is the opposite though, it keeps its flavor way longer and gunks up slower than any atty I've had.

Last edited:
    Reactions: 52anddone

ToolmanTexas

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 14, 2014
    T for Texas!
    I received mine today. It was about a week with slow shipping. Pleasantly surprised how fast it arrived.

As for clone quality I have a really hard time thinking the authentic is much of at all better. The machining is excellent with this clone and I have to think it's about as 1:1 as it gets.

I think esg is taking the piss a bit with their pricing. Over $200 and you don't get the ten pieces of plastic is just gouging. Hell €5 for all of them would even be ok. They don't need to turns. Profit on air discs when they're necessary to get the best performance per person

I typically don't buy clones but the pricing. The gouging on the air disks. And he lack of availability made it pretty easy for me to feel fine.

As for the clone again it's great quality. As for the vape. Eh. It was so hyped I probably expected more tha. I should have. I'm also only on two builds and two air discs. I have faith I'll find one that works superbly but I haven't yet. The 3x1.8 was too airy as was he 3x 1.5. I'm going to try the 2x1.5 next.

Right now the titanium gem from mark bugs and the heron v2 and spheroid v4 from GP are probably my three favorite atomizers. This doesn't seem likely to beat any of those. But now my expectations have been dashed maybe I can have a real experience with t and be surprised.

2 things for those with authentics

1) when the tank is tightened down all the way can you move the afc? On the clone the afc is dead even with the bottom of he atomizer which means when it's screwed down you cannot move it.

2) I wonder if the chimney threads are a little short on the clone. It does t take much to get it in and out.
    @h00ligan, consensus is that the air disks from CV are not the same material as ESG, hence the price difference. Still think you should get all of them for that price but if I find one I like and decide to keep the skyline I'll be getting an authentic air disks.

I do wish they had a tighter one than 1x1.5 for us kfl types. Hopefully the 1.5 is enough.

And I'm running a Gem v1, Heron v2 and Spheroid v3 right now. Definitely in the tops for me... As well as the Hussar, as @kiba, points out... fantastic RTA.

benley73

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    May 2, 2016
    Hi,
    in fact I liked the kf 3 mini for MTL, but the build quality of the clone i had was just terrible (air control Screw got jammed inside because of bad theads, machine oil taste everywhere...) and I´m not willing to spend 130 Euros for the original ;)

The Hussar looks interesting, but has no glas tank, which is a no go for me b/c I mostly use liquids with lemon and peppermint (menthol) flavours. We´ll see when it arrives. Ißll start with the smalles hole and see what´s what.
    K.
    Efuntop top has the mini
    TF gtv3 10usd works pretty dam well has a loser jfc , that dont jam or come out when removing the deck , works pretty Flawlessly even has the cloned branding which makes little difference to usage but tbh the unbranded do seem cheaper quality jamming chimney/ jfc and comes out with deck occasionally , ive ened up with a few of them as well as the Sxk , Coppervapes and sjmy versions , the mini just seems Flawless and the sxk one 5ml is flawless too the cheaper version unnamed is just rubbish,

Now this Skyline is just wow another flawless tank
    Think i need a nice high end mod for this beauty
    Although it does look good with the chrome VT75,
    4b03202a47852cb5bd245e361c92e326.jpg
    2e63f47be327b4b363358a3d8970755f.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Cosmic_Glaze

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 26, 2016
    3Fvape is now carrying the Coppervape Skyline. The description is a little confusing as far as the airflow kit(10). It seems like it might be included. The pics don't show it though. Can anyone confirm this?
    Why does Fastech have CV ones without the logo? Is it a different quality (cheaper version) or just no logo for those who don't want it? I really don't want a clone of a clone. :p

mrjohs

ECF Veteran
    Apr 3, 2015
    Why does Fastech have CV ones without the logo? Is it a different quality (cheaper version) or just no logo for those who don't want it? I really don't want a clone of a clone. :p

According to Coppervape the ones sold directly from their factory has logos, others don't. So the ones from 3fvape, 2fdeal etc should also not have logos. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread