Customer and Product Support Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

taterbugg

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 20, 2011
Lansing, MI
for the tank, you need a 510 to ego connector, sorry I dropped the ball on that one, I should have caught that and asked you about it.

Hehehe, looks like we're good Eric! You must have been thinking that, cause that's the adapter you put in my order, not the 510 to go-go. :laugh: But that's quite fine, now I can use it on the new tank! I'll just order the 510 to go-go on my next order.

gormly

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2011
Connecticut USA
www.discountvapers.com
I recently ordered a e-power 18650 unit and I would like to use some type of clearomizer with it. I really don't care for carts. Which type of clearomizer would be compatible with this unit, CE-2, CE-4, Vision ect.

The Maz, Dual Coil tanks, eGo CE4+ Visions, 2.5 Clearomizers, 3.5 Clearomizers
everything on this page 510 Cartomizers/Clearomizers
that does not say "cartomizer" would work.
(cartomizers would also but you'd rather not use them)

Note the replacement cartomizers on that page are for the tanks :)

TexasT

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2010
East Texas
Hiya Eric and everybody!!

Just popping in to tell Eric (and you guys too) that I'm really enjoying the new 3.5 duel coil clear cartos. These things are fine and the only complaint I have is that they put out such a thick cloud of flavorful vapor that I can't see the television set and have had to learn to blow the vapor off to the side so I don't miss anything on television!

As for the GoGo batteries, my wife and I use these exclusively and we get them from Discount Vapors because of .... yep, you guessed it ... the price. Eric's price just can't be beat anywhere else that I know of!

Oh, and I hate to brag on old Eric too much or he'll get a big head ... but he sure is a great guy to deal with. I can mess up any order real good all by myself and he always gets with me by e-mail to straighten me and my order out ... in a real nice way and real fast.

I'm kinda liking this young fella. And he can count on getting a lot of my business!

TT

sonicdsl

Wandering life's highway
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2011
Thank you. Should have added-Will this end up looking weird if so, or will the CE4 at least cover up the connectors?

"Weird" is subjective. :) I don't care, personally, because it functions so well for me. Granted, if there were little sawed off cones available, I would definitely get some though! Here's one of my GoGo's with the CE4+ on it:

2012-04-24_14-03-04_269.jpg

toto1013

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2011
SE Kansas
"Weird" is subjective. :) I don't care, personally, because it functions so well for me. Granted, if there were little sawed off cones available, I would definitely get some though! Here's one of my GoGo's with the CE4+ on it:

Thank you sonic...not any weirder than on a 510 slim that looks like a closed umbrella.....not to mention the quality of the vape. Both my batteries bit the dust in the last 2 days....

gormly

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2011
Connecticut USA
www.discountvapers.com
I was wondering what happened to my order, #3346. It was made on 4/17/12 and contained a pre-order for a Stealthvape Pencig kit so I figured it wouldn't ship right away, but when I click on the link in the e-mail to ckeck the status it doesn't show the order any more.

PM'ed you about this, sorry :(

orachel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2010
Mesa, Arizona...USA
Ok, I have a question.... about to order my xtar 6 channel charger, and was wondering about a few other bits I need... I just got my stainless steel Lava tube, and its great, but there's a few things I need to resolve. First of all, it has an ego connection, but they didn't make the channel deep enough that ego ce4s actually screw in properly. So I need a very short 510 to 510 connector, just to give it a tiny bit more height, so the skirt on CE4 will fit in the channel. You don't happen to know how many mm tall your 510 to 510s are, do you? I know that's an odd query. Also, are they open or closed adapters?

And also, the draw on my LT is very very airy... good for some cartos, bad for others. A few posts ago you mentioned cutoff cones, and that seems to be what I need to tighten up the draw. Post #389 here shows the way the modification was done. Any chance you'll be chopping the cones like this? This is a kgo cone, but assuming they're generally the same size as egos. I do have a 'thread cover' for egos, but it doesn't stay seated, it slides up and down the carto. I can tell you theres a whole slew of new stainless lava owners looking for this device. lol
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/lavatube/277146-show-me-your-stainless-lava-please-39.html

thanks so much. I know those are very odd requests. ;)

Last edited:

gormly

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2011
Connecticut USA
www.discountvapers.com
Ok, I have a question.... about to order my xtar 6 channel charger, and was wondering about a few other bits I need... I just got my stainless steel Lava tube, and its great, but there's a few things I need to resolve. First of all, it has an ego connection, but they didn't make the channel deep enough that ego ce4s actually screw in properly. So I need a very short 510 to 510 connector, just to give it a tiny bit more height, so the skirt on CE4 will fit in the channel. You don't happen to know how many mm tall your 510 to 510s are, do you? I know that's an odd query. Also, are they open or closed adapters?

And also, the draw on my LT is very very airy... good for some cartos, bad for others. A few posts ago you mentioned cutoff cones, and that seems to be what I need to tighten up the draw. Post #389 here shows the way the modification was done. Any chance you'll be chopping the cones like this? This is a kgo cone, but assuming they're generally the same size as egos. I do have a 'thread cover' for egos, but it doesn't stay seated, it slides up and down the carto. I can tell you theres a whole slew of new stainless lava owners looking for this device. lol
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/lavatube/277146-show-me-your-stainless-lava-please-39.html

thanks so much. I know those are very odd requests. ;)

the 510 to 510 is: 11.23 mm

I cannot see this post, it seems ECF has deemed me not worthy to even look at that post, which is very odd :(
so I just logged out and came in anonymous...

I have the top item of what is listed on that page:
eGo Chrome Cone for the 3.5 mL Dual Coil Tank Cartomizer - DiscountVapers.com I think you have this already?

However, the part about cutting down an eGo cone would have to be within some pretty tight tolerances to affect draw, if it is off even slightly on one side or off centered/crooked this will not do anything. I have some "Air Press Control" items that seem ok but they are the same thing, it's either all or nothing, you can get it really tight or no effect at all and these are machined. If there is a hole, air finds a way, just like water :)

I am not saying someone isn't skilled enough at doing it or that these DIY fixes aren't the ticket, don't get me wrong but I wouldn't be able to do it :)

Does your new stainless steel lava come with ohm detecting on the carto?

Note: I am glad this is resolved (stainless vs chrome), for me at least, apollo seems to have several options (good for them), one being chrome and the other stainless steel so LRider WAS lying to me, which makes me seriously unhappy with them.

But I think I'll wait to buy them until they fix the depth on it. :)

orachel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2010
Mesa, Arizona...USA
Ok, I think that's probably gonna be the best I can do, adapter wise, till I get someone who can machine the top 'lip' of that adaper off for me. ;) Thanks for pointing me to that. I hunted like a mad beast on your site, and somehow still managed to miss that. lol And no, thing I have is a little different, its a thread cover that tapers in toward the carto at the top, so it sticks out funny. Yours will definitely look better. lol

As for the stainless, yes.. they're 100 x nicer than I thought they would be, and goodness knows they better be, since they just raised the price of the kit to like $115, or something ridonkulous. The build quality looks amazing, and the heft of the thing is really high end. I could do reps with this thing to tone my arms if I wanted to. lol I'm lucky I got in for $50 something, definitely, since the new cost is way outside my budget. BUT... my suggestion rather than getting the stainless would be to get some of the ones with the v1.5 internals, which is the one you're talking about with the ohm meter, and also a 3.2amp restriction, rather than the oh so frustrating 2.5. lol I'm INCREDIBLY irritated the stainless models are the exact same old internals, especially since the v 1.5 have been an option for at least last few weeks. I know CCV already has em in, and they're the nice silver powdercoat ones like you carry...but with the better internals. THAT is definitely function over form, of course. The ones with the v1.5 internals and the silver powdercoat body are much less expensive. I think ccv is asking about $50 for tube alone? They are planning to release some of the metal bodies w the v 1.5 internals (I don't think the stainless, since that really is mighty cost ineffective, and is why the things more than doubled in price)...I believe they're talking about chrome, maybe copper, and a few other options. That way when they get the all metal body options w 1.5internals, you'd have 2 options at very different price points for your clients. You could have your current tubes w old body type, and then new ones in all metal w new internals, and call them something like LavaPro, for a higher cost. I'm holding out for a copper body with the 1.5v internals, so I can steampunk it up with some metal cogs et all. I can tell you that the stainless is very nice, though. Honestly, a stainless one of these (once they finally work out the silly connection) with 1.5 internals, really would be like the poor man's provari. The problem with that is of course that the final price would have to shake out somewhere in the neighborhood of less than $50 less than provari, and that's not enough of a difference for most people to choose Lrider over Provape. But the other metals are supposedly significantly less costly. Heck I'd be happy if they'd make the 1.5 internals with the silver body as long as the button were higher quality and the caps were the same powdercoated metal.. just for durability. Hope that makes sense. If you've got any specific questions, feel free to pm me. Oh, and I know a guy who was beta-testing the v 1.5 ones from CCV. He actually metered a 1.5ohm dual coil at 5.4v when it was set to 5.5v. Now THAT is seriously cool. lol

... and I forgot to mention, according to the current vendor selling the stainless, they're the only vendor lrider will sell the stainless to. And they also said they made nil profit on the tubes sold at preorder cost. So that's probably why your rep was being a idjit about it, and being less than forthcoming. I'll tell ya that the chrome looks exactly the same, and chrome and copper options with the 1.5v internals at a fair price would be a heck of a lot more exciting, and more in keeping with your general business concept, than a stainless you'd have to charge a fortune for.

Last edited:

gormly

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2011
Connecticut USA
www.discountvapers.com
... and I forgot to mention, according to the current vendor selling the stainless, they're the only vendor lrider will sell the stainless to. And they also said they made nil profit on the tubes sold at preorder cost. So that's probably why your rep was being a idjit about it, and being less than forthcoming. I'll tell ya that the chrome looks exactly the same, and chrome and copper options with the 1.5v internals at a fair price would be a heck of a lot more exciting, and more in keeping with your general business concept, than a stainless you'd have to charge a fortune for.

thank you for the info :)

eh? They chromed the stainless steel? Really? why in the world would someone do that? The beauty of stainless steel shouldn't be chromed over :(

(just my opinion)

orachel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2010
Mesa, Arizona...USA
Nope, the stainless is just stainless, but buffed to a super shine. The chrome looks near identical as far as any of us can tell. Apollo has said they're identical, visually. That's how this whole mess got started. Apollo ordered what lrider was calling 'stainless steel', sold a ton in preorders, and then found out it was copper plated with chrome. They told lrider to make an all solid stainless tube or refund the preorder money. So that's why they're the only ones who got em. ;)And yeah, that would be a ridonkulous thing to do. That was my response on the chrome. Not that chrome isn't great, but if you're already making a copper body to plate with chrome, why not have a nice shiny sealed copper mod, since copper mods are so sought after. I had to talk the guy at apollo into the copper! Gave him links showing where people were hunting for copper, etc. I gather its selling rather well. I'm hoping like heck they do em with the 1.5v internals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread