Status
Not open for further replies.

Mactavish

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2010
New York
I posted this message in the other discount vapor thread, I think this thread might be more appropriate?

QUESTIONS FOR DISCOUNTVAPOR CUSTOMER SERVICE - TECH SUPPORT REP.

Have a few questions about this product on the discountvapers.com website, assuming any employees are familiar with and have actually used it!

Haka Meter Voltage/Ohms/Watts - Stainless

I just received this tester, and the bottom (the 510 threaded end you screw onto the mod), has a spring loaded pin, that's always GOOD. That PIN, has a split cut across it, more importantly wondering;

Why is this 510 pin HOLLOW?
(Seems in this design it should have been a SEALED pin, as it is not delivering AIR, or juice in the case of a bottom feeding mod like mine)

I'm "assuming" the entire meter body is SEALED, correct?

Using it to test voltage on a Reo mod, which is a bottom feeder, there is always a drop or more of juice in the 510 well, that can find its way onto and INTO the PIN of the meter, and can be hard to clean off, as you can't get below the spring loaded hollow pin, and juice can build up there, or worse get inside the meter if it's not totally sealed?

This may or may not be an issue, certainly not a big deal if my assumption that the meter is sealed everywhere else?

Until I hear back, I'm using a SEALED 510 adapter, WOULD PREFER NOT TO, as it adds even more length to a fairly long meter, but does not seem to effect the voltage reading at all.

There are a few other atty 510 meters on the web, but most are 22mm, what's separates this Haka meter is its ONLY 14mm's wide, and works on tiny top mods like a Reo Mini 14500. I have already recommended and posted a link to this product from your website in several Reo threads, but want get some feedback on my questions and concerns, listed above.

Thanks for your response.

Reactions: Fullknight

gormly

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2011
Connecticut USA
www.discountvapers.com
I posted this message in the other discount vapor thread, I think this thread might be more appropriate?

QUESTIONS FOR DISCOUNTVAPOR CUSTOMER SERVICE - TECH SUPPORT REP.

Have a few questions about this product on the discountvapers.com website, assuming any employees are familiar with and have actually used it!
Haka Meter Voltage/Ohms/Watts - Stainless
I just received this tester, and the bottom (the 510 threaded end you screw onto the mod), has a spring loaded pin, that's always GOOD. That PIN, has a split cut across it, more importantly wondering;
Why is this 510 pin HOLLOW?
(Seems in this design it should have been a SEALED pin, as it is not delivering AIR, or juice in the case of a bottom feeding mod like mine)
I'm "assuming" the entire meter body is SEALED, correct?
Using it to test voltage on a Reo mod, which is a bottom feeder, there is always a drop or more of juice in the 510 well, that can find its way onto and INTO the PIN of the meter, and can be hard to clean off, as you can't get below the spring loaded hollow pin, and juice can build up there, or worse get inside the meter if it's not totally sealed?
This may or may not be an issue, certainly not a big deal if my assumption that the meter is sealed everywhere else?
Until I hear back, I'm using a SEALED 510 adapter, WOULD PREFER NOT TO, as it adds even more length to a fairly long meter, but does not seem to effect the voltage reading at all.
There are a few other atty 510 meters on the web, but most are 22mm, what's separates this Haka meter is its ONLY 14mm's wide, and works on tiny top mods like a Reo Mini 14500. I have already recommended and posted a link to this product from your website in several Reo threads, but want get some feedback on my questions and concerns, listed above.
Thanks for your response.

I am not an expert but I'll give it my best shot here :)

My guess: Meters in general, are for spot testing, not really continuous testing, so keeping it on is not technically something they are intended to do. (regardless of what any manufacturer might say or marketing says) As to why the manufacturer designed this item in this particular way is not something I am privy to. But I would assume it is for maximum compatibility with a wide range of products, some perhaps not just ego type batteries (like some "automatic" batteries that work by sucking in air through the devices). I agree, any area that is not sealed can potentially get liquid or other debris inside and just by that nature they can quit working or short or even give improper readings. China quality... :(

I would have to just guess that the designer thought this was the best way to design this particular meter for all potential uses. Lowest common denominator and all that. :)

My suggestion is to submit a ticket on our website (contact page) and David can chime in and give you any more information you would like on it whiles he's looking at one in hand.

Mactavish

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2010
New York
I am not an expert but I'll give it my best shot here :)

My guess: Meters in general, are for spot testing, not really continuous testing, so keeping it on is not technically something they are intended to do. (regardless of what any manufacturer might say or marketing says) As to why the manufacturer designed this item in this particular way is not something I am privy to. But I would assume it is for maximum compatibility with a wide range of products, some perhaps not just ego type batteries (like some "automatic" batteries that work by sucking in air through the devices). I agree, any area that is not sealed can potentially get liquid or other debris inside and just by that nature they can quit working or short or even give improper readings. China quality... :(

I would have to just guess that the designer thought this was the best way to design this particular meter for all potential uses. Lowest common denominator and all that. :)

My suggestion is to submit a ticket on our website (contact page) and David can chime in and give you any more information you would like on it whiles he's looking at one in hand.

Thanks for taking a shot at the questions. Please PM me, or on this forum called, a "conversation which is private, and give me David's email address, I'll send him the same questions. So far I have had a great experience with my first order. Great in terms of customer service, as one of the two identical Haka meters I bought, showed an error on a 1.1 ohm build, well within the published .7 limit, other sites show the specs for ohm readings as "unlimited", but your site has it correct. Regardless, one meter works properly the other not. I sent one return order email, and got a response almost immediately, saying they are mailing me another one, along with a prepaid mailer to return the faulty unit. That's all a consumer could ask, well besides my followup questions! :) Feel free to forward this post and my last to David as well. THANKS!

Mactavish

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2010
New York
Thanks, David confirmed the unit is sealed, so you don't have to use a sealed 510 adapter. But with the design of this 510 pin being hollow, you are then relying on the units gasket to keep juice out of the electronics, so I will most likely continue to use my 510 adapter, it adds a bit of length to the meter, but will insure nothing ever gets inside the hollow 510 pin, and from my testing, does not effect any of the readings. GREAT customer support, I will buy from your company again soon!

LordDavon

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 3, 2010
Florida
www.discountvapers.com
Thanks, David confirmed the unit is sealed, so you don't have to use a sealed 510 adapter. But with the design of this 510 pin being hollow, you are then relying on the units gasket to keep juice out of the electronics, so I will most likely continue to use my 510 adapter, it adds a bit of length to the meter, but will insure nothing ever gets inside the hollow 510 pin, and from my testing, does not effect any of the readings. GREAT customer support, I will buy from your company again soon!

I'm always happy to take a pair of pliers or hammer to anything, when you guys need it... or if it frustrates me. ;-)

Reactions: sonicdsl

Dragoncqb

ECF Veteran
Oct 3, 2011
Louisville Ky
AGA T.jpg

Hey it's been a long time ago but I bought the AGA T original when you first stocked them , I used this tank every day till a few weeks ago. Of all my tanks it's my favorite. Some juice I was told was safe cracked the tank I have looked high and low any chance you might have a replacement tank and how much.

LordDavon

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 3, 2010
Florida
www.discountvapers.com
Hey it's been a long time ago but I bought the AGA T original when you first stocked them , I used this tank every day till a few weeks ago. Of all my tanks it's my favorite. Some juice I was told was safe cracked the tank I have looked high and low any chance you might have a replacement tank and how much.

As far as I remember, the AGA-T has a glass tank, not plastic or poly. I'm not really sure it was your liquid that cracked it. Regardless, I'll search around and see if I can find some glass for the tank. We don't have any of the tanks, but I think I have some glass somewhere. I need to find my AGA-T to compare the glass though, so give me a day or two. If I can find it, I can toss it in your next order. Don't worry about any cost. It would just be going to waste otherwise. :)

Reactions: sonicdsl

Urge

ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2011
Shrubburbia Ma.
Hi, I tried to submit a support ticket but the system wouldn't let me. It keeps asking "Please enter a valid number." I have the number from my account but still-no joy. Where is tech support when you need them? I originally posted this on the main DV page but no one was responding and this thread appears to be active.

Urge

LordDavon

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 3, 2010
Florida
www.discountvapers.com
Hi, I tried to submit a support ticket but the system wouldn't let me. It keeps asking "Please enter a valid number." I have the number from my account but still-no joy. Where is tech support when you need them? I originally posted this on the main DV page but no one was responding and this thread appears to be active.
Urge

That most often happens when auto-form fillers put invalid characters in the fields. If you don't use it, you can just leave the order number field blank.

I swear I have a box of those tanks somewhere. I can't find the box though. I did find my Aga-T, and a few other tanks, so I just need to match them up.

If you can't get the support page working, you can always email me at LordDavon at gmail dot com.

LordDavon

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 3, 2010
Florida
www.discountvapers.com
LD i just received the cnc machined aluminum version , posted pictures of it in this forum thread if you like.
Little itty bitty mods under $100.
With respect to Gormly i made no mention of where i purchased it.
Looks nice. Mine is still on preorder. I love my Pico though, so that will be my comparison.

Dieseler

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2011
Illinois
LD
i also love my pico's comparing them and being straight forward if it wasn't for the Aspire being just a square box i would like it more than my pico's because of the few added features it has although i just vape in wattage mode nothing fancy .
The pico feels more comfortable to hold because of its rounded ends and been using for a month as my everyday device.

May buy a few more pico's in near future and embarrassed to say how many i already have.

Reactions: AG51

Mactavish

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2010
New York
LD i just received the cnc machined aluminum version , posted pictures of it in this forum thread if you like.
Little itty bitty mods under $100.
With respect to Gormly i made no mention of where i purchased it.

I saw your post there, at 75mm tall, I didn't consider it TINY, closer to my 82mm SDNA75 and VTC Mini's. Tiny is the Evic Basic at 52mm, but it does not take an 18650 battery. That's where the Pico design shines, the body is smaller then the 18650 battery due to the cap extension.

Size aside, enjoy your new mod.

Dieseler

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2011
Illinois
I saw your post there, at 75mm tall, I didn't consider it TINY, closer to my 82mm SDNA75 and VTC Mini's. Tiny is the Evic Basic at 52mm, but it does not take an 18650 battery. That's where the Pico design shines, the body is smaller then the 18650 battery due to the cap extension.

Size aside, enjoy your new mod.
Yes there are some small 18350 devices which i used to vape, still have a few new zmax mini's that took the 18350 batteries and moved on because the batteries did not last long .
Had made some box mods as well with the dual 14500 batteries with volt meter that was fun as i enjoyed soldering and such at the time, think i still have a board or 2 laying around that i have not used.lol

Wife had a lady friend over yesterday and we sat down and was showing her all the different devices
along with the pico but she likes the aspire better as we are all different.

Talked about current fda regulations and she mentioned a local vape shop goes to had a visit by some official
and that the owner can no longer help folks about vaping devices.

She was not aware of whats going on and did mention to her about rebuilding attty's making own e-liguid
and she was shocked by how little it cost to do so as she pulled put a small 30ml bottle of e-liquid she bought and what she paid and i told her after the initial investment to start off that that bottle would cost just pennies to make going forward and in future she may be difficult to buy along with the devices shown to her including her own if fda has its way.

Conversation kept going as i showed here stainless mesh atty's and how they worked if was fun.

Mactavish

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2010
New York
Yes there are some small 18350 devices which i used to vape, still have a few new zmax mini's that took the 18350 batteries and moved on because the batteries did not last long .
Had made some box mods as well with the dual 14500 batteries with volt meter that was fun as i enjoyed soldering and such at the time, think i still have a board or 2 laying around that i have not used.lol

Wife had a lady friend over yesterday and we sat down and was showing her all the different devices
along with the pico but she likes the aspire better as we are all different.

Talked about current fda regulations and she mentioned a local vape shop goes to had a visit by some official
and that the owner can no longer help folks about vaping devices.

She was not aware of whats going on and did mention to her about rebuilding attty's making own e-liguid
and she was shocked by how little it cost to do so as she pulled put a small 30ml bottle of e-liquid she bought and what she paid and i told her after the initial investment to start off that that bottle would cost just pennies to make going forward and in future she may be difficult to buy along with the devices shown to her including her own if fda has its way.

Conversation kept going as i showed here stainless mesh atty's and how they worked if was fun.

I ordered two 18350 mods called "Mr. Q" by SMY, from GearBest. After a month, it was determined that their shipper NL, had Xray'ed the package and rejected it. According to Gearbest, it would then be destroyed, and too bad for me. I was persistent and eventually got a full PayPal refund, though Gearbest made sure I knew just how unprecedented that was. Now I've stopped buying directly from Chinese discount sites, as they wanted to place the blame on me for ordering "illegal" items. These mods don't even come with batteries! Now with the FDA crap in effect, I realized that ordering from these sites is like gambling, you might not get your order, and according to their fine print, lose your money. Once this starts happening more and more often, these sites will lose all their US business, and perhaps wish they had become more involved in vaping advocacy.

I have 4 18350 batteries for use in a telescopic mech mod, I know they don't last long, but after reading some posts by folks that had the Mr. Q, and how quickly the battery ran down, I was kind of glad I never got them.

Both the Target Mini's and Eleaf Basic have built in batteries but they work well, and have more capacity then the 18350's but when they die, I may try to solder in a new battery, or just toss em.

Last edited:

Dieseler

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2011
Illinois
I ordered two 18350 mods called "Mr. Q" by SMY, from GearBest. After a month, it was determined that their shipper NL, had Xray'ed the package and rejected it. According to Gearbest, it would then be destroyed, and too bad for me. I was persistent and eventually got a full PayPal refund, though Gearbest made sure I knew just how unprecedented that was. Now I've stopped buying directly from Chinese discount sites, as they wanted to place the blame on me for ordering "illegal" items. These mods don't even come with batteries! Now with the FDA crap in effect, I realized that ordering from these sites is like gambling, you might not get your order, and according to their fine print, lose your money. Once this starts happening more and more often, these sites will lose all their US business, and perhaps wish they had become more involved in vaping advocacy.

I have 4 18350 batteries for use in a telescopic mech mod, I know they don't last long, but after reading some posts by folks that had the Mr. Q, and how quickly the battery ran down, I was kind of glad I never got them.

Both the Target Mini's and Eleaf Basic have built in batteries but they work well, and have more capacity then the 18350's but when they die, I may try to solder in a new battery, or just toss em.

Understand your feelings . ; )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread