Damaged threads? Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Argent009

ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
I got my Silver Bullet less than a week ago and already it cannot close completely, the threads appear to have somehow gotten wonky on me here. I'm wondering if anyone else encountered this problem and if so, what you did to fix it short of getting it replaced? I'm hoping it's not something I have to get replaced so please, respond if you've got any ideas. It does screw closed enough that it works, but there's about a 1/4" or so gap now and it just doesn't look nice. I considered maybe just getting a rubber gasket to fit in there but I'd rather it be like it should be.

Regards,
Mike

justrubl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2008
Houston, Texas, United States
there is some info on the altsmoke site and on the supplier section on this....get some noalox (sp??) for the threads.....

"Main threads:
For trouble free operation and smooth battery changes it is recommended to clean the main threads once a week with a soft cloth. Be sure to not leave anything behind. A small particle can cause big headaches when trying to change a battery.
I strongly recommend an anti-oxidant/galling compound. I personally use NOALOX, a product sold in most hardware stores including LOWES. It is a product made by IDEAL and it can be found in the electrical isle. Only use it on the main threads to prevent galling/seizing. To apply it simply use a small dab on a q-tip and apply it to the male threads. Work the compound into the threads by screwing and unscrewing the top and bottom. After it is worked into the threads wipe off the excess with a soft cloth. There are several other conductive lubes/anti-oxidants that can be used, this one is the most economical at $2.98 for .5oz.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/altsmoke/38909-how-care-your-sb-6.html

nj1001

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2009
Boston-ish
When I searched online at Lowes, Home Depot & many other similar big chain stores I suspected would have carried Ideal's NOALOX, I found that it was not available. Hopefully every store has it & forgot to update their online data/inventory but unfortunately skeptical of being able to find it in any such store. Also, despite the fact that it's cheap, to order it online you'd end up spending twice the cost on shipping. Anyone know where to buy it in a store?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread