dicodes 2380, dicodes dani extreme and pipeline 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

schismz

ECF Veteran
Aug 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
So... the dicodes charger charges! OMG who would've thought? It works, pretty much as expected. The slightly weird/annoying thing is ... the screen dims, but stays lit up 100% of the time even when there isn't a mod docked or it's done charging. I guess this is either a feature, or something that needs a fix in v2.

dicodes-charger.jpg

HK_P30V3

Feb 12, 2016
PA
hello, this is my first post, i've always referred to this site in the past during my early days of vaping/building,etc.
Im having an issue when attempting temp control on my new
Dicodes 2395 T.
I will try to make short as possible.
I bought 2395 T and Dicodes own NiFe30 wire from cremedevape, device arrived and began to act as im about to describe in temp control mode. instead of sending to keith @ cremedevape for replacement, i sent to Dicodes in Germany for a new unit.
Dicodes assured me new 2395 T they sent me was looked over an extra time and definitely free from any defects.
(first unit may have been fine prob just be me, they sent new 2395 T before even looking at original, because process was taking several weeks and original device sat in german customs for while)
New 2395 T arrived from Dicodes 2 weeks ago and im in same boat as far as temp control goes.
I must have tried at least 10 builds with dicodes Nife30 and one with standard Ni200 (3-4 different RTA's, all spaced coils, 2.4-2.5 mm dia.) all yielding same result.
Set temp to 420-440 F. 20-30 watts, 2395 T hits set temp immediately and watts never go above average of 12-14 watts. weak/ no vape.
For me to even get close to satisfying vape i have to set temp to well over 500-520 F and even then watts will not go over say 15-16 watts and after 1-2 vapes hits temp and back to 8-10 watts.
I have spoke to Dicodes (who are awesome by the way)
about this and they have tried to help.
My leads are tight, as tight as i can make them before ruining grub screws, flat heads,etc.
i have tried nife30 builds in the follwing RTA's- Squape X , Kayfun mini V3, Rose3, Hurricane v1.3
Majority of nife30 builds with squape x with standard deck and single coil deck.
Ive tried several builds between posts (according to squape good for t.c.)
One ni200 build with rose3.
I make sure to calibrate at room temp, coil wraps arent touching, leads tight, ive tried cleaning nife30 wire with alcohol before wrapping, ive tried putting nife30 in standard wattage and dry pulsing to make sure no shorts and even glow, temp coefficient is 320, my 18650's are new lg hg2 the ugly brown ones, ive tried 510 protruding far to close to flush.
Before getting 2395 T ive never really delved into temp control. used to have sx mini m class with ni200 builds in kayfun mini v3 and didnt have any problems that i remember.
i also have mark bugs WAE 2 -dna 40, ive tried ni200 builds with it and get similar results, temp protection warning every vape.
have not tried dicodes nife30 builds in mark bugs Gem V2, or Charm. or kayfun v4
obviously i just suck at temp control and am missing something big here.
maybe i should just stick with my provari P3 in regular kanthal.
However i love this dicodes device, and love the build quality and everything about it. would love to know what im doing wrong and stop wasting all the dicodes wire i bought.

sorry for that long rant.

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Imperial Beach, California
I've been thinking on and off through the night about your post (I work nights)
The only thing I can think of is that the Dicode NiFe30 wire being 29 gauge is easy to not get trapped properly in a post that's made for heavy wire. This may not be the case but is the only thing I came up with.
You might try drill twisting 2 or more strands of that Dicodes wire together.

HK_P30V3

Feb 12, 2016
PA
The only thing I can think of is that the Dicode NiFe30 wire being 29 gauge is easy to not get trapped properly in a post that's made for heavy wire. This may not be the case but is the only thing I came up with.
Thank you, excellent point. wish they made it in a 26 gauge or something.
Im going to try this later and let you know, no drill handy, but will try the ol' pen and tweezers method. thanks again

Last edited:
Reactions: dwcraig1

HK_P30V3

Feb 12, 2016
PA
wow, ....you are a GENIUS!
twisted 2 strands of the Dicodes NiFe30 7 wraps on a 2.5mm dia.
in Squape X s - single coil deck - using the grub screws for posts
(hope i didnt damage screws i made em so tight)
coming in around .3 ohms or so, set temp to 440 F, 20 watts
(thinking it wouldnt even come close to 20 watts as usual)
2395 T giving me full 20 watts chain vaping and not even coming close to 440.
I applaud you good sir, should have asked for help on day one!
took a quick pic of her in action- (bad pic quality)
Cant believe it....THANK YOU ; )
so that means first 2395 T i had was fine...whoops

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    160.6 KB · Views: 67

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
i have many dicodes and whilst the wire trapping issue may be true for the squape x, i see all sorts of regulating behaviour depending on atty, build etc. Usually if it is regulating very low, its a wicking issue but i have builds that vape beautifully even though it only settles at 10W or so...the mod is fine, that's the main thing!!

Reactions: HK_P30V3

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
wow, ....you are a GENIUS!
twisted 2 strands of the Dicodes NiFe30 7 wraps on a 2.5mm dia.
in Squape X s - single coil deck - using the grub screws for posts
(hope i didnt damage screws i made em so tight)
coming in around .3 ohms or so, set temp to 440 F, 20 watts
(thinking it wouldnt even come close to 20 watts as usual)
2395 T giving me full 20 watts chain vaping and not even coming close to 440.
I applaud you good sir, should have asked for help on day one!
took a quick pic of her in action- (bad pic quality)
Cant believe it....THANK YOU ; )
so that means first 2395 T i had was fine...whoops
surprised it doesnt make the set temp....try increasing power!

ps i'll be interested to see how you get on with a temp control build in the GEM....

pps. be careful with the squape x also. The 510 pin is flaky as all hell. I had two of them and could get a 0.15-0.2Ω (!) change in R by just screwing it in or out half a turn or less....that would be bad even for a kanthal build!! IMHO, the X is no better at TC than the Rs which was awful...Similar problem with the GEM, even with the longer 510 pin. Anyway, let us know!!

Last edited:

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
also want to note, this is my first dicodes device, not sure if anyone here is familiar with 2395 T. but from what ive seen from youtube vids, the 2380/2380 T had an option to auto calibrate or manually calibrate for temp control.
the 2395 T does not have option to auto. calibrate temp control coil, only manually - "TempCal Init"
no auto on the 2380 either as far as i know. Mine doesnt anyway! They did fiddle with the FW a bit at about the time the extreme and the 2380 came out. There were some issues which they fixed fairly quickly!

update: I stand corrected, the Mod menu does indeed have an AutoCal option!! Thnaks for pointing that out. Probably a bad idea to turn it on for TC use though. Anyway, I learnt something today!!!! :) Hard to believe I could miss something like that in such a simple menu system....lol!!

Last edited:
Reactions: HK_P30V3

HK_P30V3

Feb 12, 2016
PA
surprised it doesnt make the set temp....try increasing power!

ps i'll be interested to see how you get on with a temp control build in the GEM....

pps. be careful with the squape x also. The 510 pin is flaky as all hell. I had two of them and could get a 0.15-0.2Ω (!) change in R by just screwing it in or out half a turn or less....that would be bad even for a kanthal build!! IMHO, the X is no better at TC than the Rs which was awful...Similar problem with the GEM, even with the longer 510 pin. Anyway, let us know!!
I thought the 510 pin on squape x dream/ squape x S
would be fine regarding t.c. due to it not affecting build deck in any way as far as loosening anything up etcetera.
Which is why i only tried one nife30 build in kayfun mini v3 due to its 510 making contact with air flow screw and such, and my hurricane v1.3 with its spring loaded 510.
Squape x S still fairing pretty good in t.c. at moment with twisted nife30, im getting first real temp control experience on 2395 T since owning it which is awesome.
I feel bad sending first unit back to germany, but Dicodes customer service is literally top notch they responded to me immediately after every email, very classy guys. also sent me free spools of nife30

HK_P30V3

Feb 12, 2016
PA
no auto on the 2380 either as far as i know. Mine doesnt anyway! They did fiddle with the FW a bit at about the time the extreme and the 2380 came out. There were some issues which they fixed fairly quickly!

update: I stand corrected, the Mod menu does indeed have an AutoCal option!! Thnaks for pointing that out. Probably a bad idea to turn it on for TC use though. Anyway, I learnt something today!!!! :) Hard to believe I could miss something like that in such a simple menu system....lol!!
you bet, i remember someone saying its much better to use manual calibration for 2380/2380 T for temp.
haha ya i really like the menu system for whatever reason.
want to go for no. 6 next maybe and that lovely charger.

I remember watching damian- bloody good vaping
review for 2380 and he had dicodes nife30 build in his old squape r or rs, and he seemed to be doing good with it.
I want to do a ni200 build in my gem v2 with the wizards apprentice evolved 2-dna 40, with the gem hybrid base
(which uses real short fat 510 pin) and see how that goes.
and a nife30 build too, but would have to use 510 base with the long pin.

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
you bet, i remember someone saying its much better to use manual calibration for 2380/2380 T for temp.
haha ya i really like the menu system for whatever reason.
want to go for no. 6 next maybe and that lovely charger.

I remember watching damian- bloody good vaping
review for 2380 and he had dicodes nife30 build in his old squape r or rs, and he seemed to be doing good with it.
I want to do a ni200 build in my gem v2 with the wizards apprentice evolved 2-dna 40, with the gem hybrid base
(which uses real short fat 510 pin) and see how that goes.
and a nife30 build too, but would have to use 510 base with the long pin.

I really like the menu system as well lol!

Damien got lucky with the Rs haha! Many people had trouble with it in TP mode. Gearbest actually sold a little plastic grommett to go on the 510 to lock it in position but even that didnt work for me. As I said, I have tried two X's and both had the same problem. In general, adjustable 510s are not great for TC. Some work ok but most dont.

Dont use Ni200 and especially not in the GEM. You really need spaced coils with Ni and there just isnt enough room...in fact, dont use Ni200 for anything. Its old news. NiFe30 is good, i use NiFe48 (NiFe52 same thing) exclusively. If you want try something else, titanium is very good also but need to be a bit careful with that. There is a great thread on Ti here somewhere and another on all the other wires..

TC beyond Ni200: Nickel Purity, Dicodes; Ti, SS, Resistherm NiFe30; Coefficient of Resistance

SS also good but very low TCR can make it a bit fiddly on some mods!

HK_P30V3

Feb 12, 2016
PA
Damien got lucky with the Rs haha! Many people had trouble with it in TP mode. Gearbest actually sold a little plastic grommett to go on the 510 to lock it in position but even that didnt work for me. As I said, I have tried two X's and both had the same problem. In general, adjustable 510s are not great for TC. Some work ok but most dont.

Dont use Ni200 and especially not in the GEM. You really need spaced coils with Ni and there just isnt enough room...in fact, dont use Ni200 for anything. Its old news. NiFe30 is good, i use NiFe48 (NiFe52 same thing) exclusively. If you want try something else, titanium is very good also but need to be a bit careful with that. There is a great thread on Ti here somewhere and another on all the other wires..

TC beyond Ni200: Nickel Purity, Dicodes; Ti, SS, Resistherm NiFe30; Coefficient of Resistance

SS also good but very low TCR can make it a bit fiddly on some mods![/QUOTE]
well that means every rta i have wont be good for temp control. (all have adjustable 510)
whats a good high end rta with set 510?
only atty i have with set 510 is mark bugs charm-rda maybe il try a nife build in it
Have you ever tried Sweet Spot wire? i think its titanium and you can get it very thick, so stable in posts. Ive never tried it. i wonder if it would be good with Dicodes?

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England

SS also good but very low TCR can make it a bit fiddly on some mods!
well that means every rta i have wont be good for temp control. (all have adjustable 510)
whats a good high end rta with set 510?
only atty i have with set 510 is mark bugs charm-rda maybe il try a nife build in it
Have you ever tried Sweet Spot wire? i think its titanium and you can get it very thick, so stable in posts. Ive never tried it. i wonder if it would be good with Dicodes?

KF5, By-ka, Hussar, 2K16, ataman, atmizoo keras, skyline, calix, tengu, pico, prometey...lots

I guess what I mean is a 510 that can be screwed down tight although it may still be adjustable for some needs.

AAAARRRGGGHHH...No Sweet Spot!! Its a scam. Overpriced Grade 2 Ti served with a liberal helping pseudoscientific BS....Even Phil B fell for it....

Last edited:

HK_P30V3

Feb 12, 2016
PA
KF5, By-ka, Hussar, 2K16, ataman, atmizoo keras, skyline, calix, tengu, pico, prometey...lots

I guess what I mean is a 510 that can be screwed down tight although it may still be adjustable for some needs.

AAAARRRGGGHHH...No Sweet Spot!! Its a scam. Overpriced Grade 2 Ti served with a liberal helping pseudoscientific BS....Even Phil B fell for it....
thanks for the tip's!
looks like i need to buy a ton of new rta's
thanks for saving wasted $ on sweet spot garbage
i avoid any new pbusardo vids and his 'b' eliquid...starting to see his china influence come through pretty obvious.

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
thanks for the tip's!
looks like i need to buy a ton of new rta's
thanks for saving wasted $ on sweet spot garbage
i avoid any new pbusardo vids and his 'b' eliquid...starting to see his china influence come through pretty obvious.
lots of great stuff around.
As for SS Ti, its not garbage - there is nothing wrong with Gr2 Ti actually. Its just the total nonsense they weave around it and sell it for a ridiculous price on the back of it. As for Phil, I hear what you are saying but don't be too harsh. It is good that he spends the time to check out what is going on over there and i certainly dont doubt his integrity wrt reviews etc. He has, however, gone away from the stuff that I am interested in, at least RTAs but I wouldnt buy a TC mod without looking at his review first, especially if it is a new chipset..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread