Status
Not open for further replies.
Still waiting for my vape-mail from Zivipf, and the NiFe48 ribbon…

But here's the current setup so far:

IMG_4286.JPG
Dani Extreme V3
• 18350 - Small
• Resistherm @ 7 wraps with 2.5 ID
• Spaced coil
• 410° F @ 0.7Ω — (8W-12W)

Hussar rta
• Micro Ultem tank
• Single coil
• Gold-plated post

Bombie's 'Nana Cream V2
• After Dark collection
• Nicotine Salt @ 15mg

Thanks to CdV & Gilles at VapStor!

Reactions: TrollDragon

kiba

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2012
Alexandria, Va, USA
www.facebook.com
Ribbon us kind of a pita to put into the hussar. I've noticed the flavor on it really depends on how close the coil is to the inlet... usually like to put my coils in upside down so they're a bit closer.

26569036820_47c5f2852d.jpg

I dry burn my NiFe all the time. Then again, I don't get my nose down real close like and sniff whatever is burning off of it ether. ;)

I don't dry burn anything like that but 430, NiFe's and other stuffs I just quickly pulse while running under hot water so as to not let it get too hot, then hit it with a brush. NiFe's get that funky crap on them when you glow them too hot.

In fact with most other wire besides SS 430 I'll normally just swap the coil when it gets gunk ed unless I'm really lazy, but I've noticed it takes about the same amount of time to swap than to dry burn and clean it.

Last edited:

jhelliwell

Fog master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2013
Sheffielld, UK
I noticed that zivipf.com are selling SS430 now. I didn't notice it on there the last time I bought wire. I wonder if it's a new product for them? The last time I bought from them, I went for SS317L and it is pretty good, but the TCR is a bit flat. So I ordered some of their SS430 to see how it goes.

zivipf usually give the TCR of their wire in the product descriptions, but not with this one. Does anyone have any experience of this particular wire from Zivi, or know the TCR? If not, I'll just go with what steamengine says: 138 (1380 ×10^-6)

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2013
Taxachusetts
I noticed that zivipf.com are selling SS430 now. I didn't notice it on there the last time I bought wire. I wonder if it's a new product for them? The last time I bought from them, I went for SS317L and it is pretty good, but the TCR is a bit flat. So I ordered some of their SS430 to see how it goes.

zivipf usually give the TCR of their wire in the product descriptions, but not with this one. Does anyone have any experience of this particular wire from Zivi, or know the TCR? If not, I'll just go with what steamengine says: 138 (1380 ×10^-6)
My zivipf 24g SS430 is right on the money @ .00138 :2c:

Zivipf is the only vendor that I have had zero issue with.
The SS430 and NiFe52 is spot on and I love the gauge choices.

I have both 28g and 30g ribbon NiFe52 and I am happy with both.

I did recently buy a roll of Dicodes' Resistherm, which is wonderful as well.

I prefer to have options!

---

On the NiFe52 ribbon, I was running 4-5 spaced 3mm wraps, in 28gauge.

For the 30gauge, I preferred 7-8 wraps, again at 3mm, but slightly touching.

I was using a lighter to torch the ribbon wire before wrapping to oxidize the outside layer and to make wrapping easier. No funky smell, but I was torching it bit by bit for around 3-4 seconds, working my way to the end.

Wrap, cotton, vape!

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
Finally received some top quality TC wire instead of that random alloy Chinese stuff... 24g SS430, NiFe48 and Titanium GR1. I also grabbed a roll of their 24g V4a Stainless to test out (SS316L). I'm going to put a Ti build in the Plus later on and see how the Captain fares running TC with Ti.
Zivipf Wire.jpg

Mehmet Bizcanli

Apr 25, 2017
When I pushed the fire button, wattage decreasing suddenly. Also have cold vapour and less volume. Any idea?

Mods : Pipeline pro eight, extreme v3
Atomizers Tilemahos 22mm, 23 mm.
Wire : Zivipf ss 304 27 ga
Coil : ~0,6 - 0,7 ohm with 7 - 8 wraps 2,5 ID
Wick material : Cotton bacon and fiberfreaks

I checked ;
_ Power 20 - 22 watt
_ Temp 200 - 220 °C
_ Temperature control mod (inox 105 or other 105)
_ Temp cof. 105
_ Temp calibration (init - confirm - process)
_ Also checked atomizers for enough liquid feeding.

Video links

pipeline pro eight :

extreme v3 :

It's usually a weak contact point.

I'm on the Hussar RTA with a Dicodes V3, Resistherm at 3mm with 7 wraps, and whenever I get low wattage problems I clean the adjustable 510 pin on the Dicodes and I thoroughly clean the Hussar deck.

I like to use a q-tip and press down on the 510 pin and make sure it's shiny.

Wrap, cotton, vape.

ndb70

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2014
Florence, Italy
I have some CW 430, works great with the correct settings. I bought it because of all the "bad" stuff that was posted about it.
"It's not SS430 because the TCR is different".......I'm still laughing.....it's an alloy.

Yeah, my same thought exactly. If you set it for DNAs, which TCR did you find the best? I can't remember right now and don't have escribe here to check, but I'm pretty sure it was in the 190 ballpark (instead of the nominal 138)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread