dicodes 2380, dicodes dani extreme and pipeline 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

hobbes4

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2009
My 2380 was giving me "low battery" prematurely I figured. Showed 3.9 v unloaded and 2.5 loaded. This is running SS430 around 4Ω @ 38 watts. Thought maybe the battery took a dump so before changing the battery I pulled out the spring from the end cap and cleaned the area where the spring sits, that was it. Put the same battery back in and continued to use it, no "low battery as yet.
I never did like that spring set up too much anyway.

I have a 2380 and 2380T. The 2380T has a solid plate in place of the spring. I prefer the cap on the 2380T.

Reactions: dwcraig1

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Imperial Beach, California
I have a 2380 and 2380T. The 2380T has a solid plate in place of the spring. I prefer the cap on the 2380T.
When it's at it's best the spring causes about a 0.1 volt drop @ a decent load. Of coarse the board maintains it's self. So if set for 2.5 v cutoff the battery would be about 2.6 then. The Taifun "the eye" has a nice battery cap without a spring.

Last edited:

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Probably no one will experience this problem with their 2380 but here goes. I decided to stack two 18650's to run my Velocity on it @ 80 watts.
So I add the tube and 2nd battery and made the settings for stacked, got "over volt" error. Just reboot by removing batteries or make the change to the settings while still using one battery. Not much of a problem but just wanted to mention it.

schismz

ECF Veteran
Aug 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Home again, home again =) Joining the rest of the horde:

Dicodes # 007

Dicodes7.jpg

Dicodes7-0.jpg

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
When it's at it's best the spring causes about a 0.1 volt drop @ a decent load. Of coarse the board maintains it's self. So if set for 2.5 v cutoff the battery would be about 2.6 then. The Taifun "the eye" has a nice battery cap without a spring.
I'm going to quote my own post. The numbers posted above were taken between the battery cap and base of the atomizer and from the bottom of the battery and base of the atomizer. The mod will show loaded and unloaded battery voltage and I always have been disappointed with those figures. An example would be firing a coil at 38 watts and having it show 3.2 volts under load with a quality 4.2 volt (standing) battery.
What I did was put a gold plated brass disc under the spring in the battery cap. This gives me upwards of 3.7 volts under load with a full charged battery with the same coil. I doubt if it's entirely because of the thickness of the brass piece creating more tension on the spring but it's probably part of it. It's pretty thin, real thin.
So because it blocked the vent hole in the battery cap I was going to keep silent about it even though I felt that vent is near worthless. So today I drilled a hole in the center of the shim so I post.

Last edited:

schismz

ECF Veteran
Aug 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Well, the dark ages of vaping are arriving for the US. There's this evil entity called the FDA which wants to keep everybody safe for cigarette company profits and cigarette tax bonds. The future's uncertain and the end is always near (no, wait, somebody else already said that, nevermind). Everytime I get another one, I think a rational thought, like, what if all of them fell off a cliff all at once!?!? Then what? Hoping for the best, preparing for the worst.

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
Well, the dark ages of vaping are arriving for the US. There's this evil entity called the FDA which wants to keep everybody safe for cigarette company profits and cigarette tax bonds. The future's uncertain and the end is always near (no, wait, somebody else already said that, nevermind). Everytime I get another one, I think a rational thought, like, what if all of them fell off a cliff all at once!?!? Then what? Hoping for the best, preparing for the worst.
So it isn't only me who uses the 'what if they all fell off a cliff' argument! Joy is mine :)

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY

Ah, if you could please let me know when you're planning to visit that cliff as I'd sure like to be at the bottom to catch one or two?:D

Great collection! Given how well made those are, I expect they will last you decades.

AstroTurf

Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
Yeah, I'm slacking a bit behind here. Just a 2380, two 18650 V2+, a pipeline pro 2+, a 18350 V2+ and a tiny....plus another tube mod with a dicodes TC chip on board...
Love me my Tiny!!!

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
I have found the Sanyo from illum to be pretty good.
The sanyo's are pretty much the only game in town. But they are ICR and have a big internal resistance so the voltage drop under load is pretty ridiculous. Wish someone would put out a decent IMR 16650 but the demand is probably not great enough..

Reactions: AstroTurf

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
Reactions: AstroTurf
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread