Digiflavor Siren GTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Anything will do as long as it fits & seals - unfortunately only you will know whether it will or not.

There are no doubt many things that would work, you could probably shove a bit of old chewed bubblegum down there and it would work ....temporarily at least :thumbs:

Yes, even a drip tip o-ring will work, but, you'll have to really work it to go over those air tube threads.

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    If you go shopping sometime bob, I used a 4mmx1mm to cure all my seepage issues on my 22mm Siren and plan to do the same with my 25mm Siren. I put it under the positive block and around the air tube, then tightened the air tube down tight so the positive block smashed that 4x1mm o-ring flat. I noticed that even with that 4x1mm o-ring in place under the positive block that both the positive and negative terminals where the coil gets screwed down are still in a straight up vertical position, no leaning posts. Metric Buna O-rings 4 x 1mm Price for 50 pcs
    Thanks for the link 52. :)

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 25, 2011
    Utopia
    Did I get a FAKER?? I'll check tomorrow with caffeinated eyes.

one of these

41MoSSAspoL._SR600%2C315_PIWhiteStrip%2CBottomLeft%2C0%2C35_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

plus one of these

pre-order-authentic-digiflavor-siren-gta-mtl-tank-atomizer-black-stainless-steel-5ml-25mm-diameter.jpg

makes one of these :blush:

doofus.jpg

Number 003393. D'oh!!!!!!!!

kungfoogorilla

Apr 19, 2017
    Clone Siren's ?? I wouldn't think so Kat.

I wouldn't mind a Siren clone if it was done well. Heck, they might even be able to do it better if they read this thread (you listening SXK or Shenray? no? okay, carry on).

Also, I tightened up the positive post on both my Siren 22s and all my seepage seems to be gone or at least lessened considerably. No o-ring needed yet. Granted, I'm only just starting the fifth tank on one of the Sirens and only two tanks into the other. But normally by this time I'd have a nice layer of juice all around the bottom ring, on my hands, and basically everywhere else, etc.

52anddone

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Seems we found where most, if not all, the leaking is coming from on the Siren, doesn't it. Crappy Assembly from the git-go.:facepalm: Thank You again Fad, and the Siren that you sacrificed in this endeavor, so the rest could persevere.

52anddone

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    I just finished doing the o-ring treatment on my Siren 25mm as well, but didn't think to document it with pic's. My Bad !:(

Edit: pic's would have come under the heading of Multi-tasking (doing more than 1 thing at once), and in that I am simply terrible at.

Thanks for the link 52. :)

No problem bob, hope it helps ya out.:thumb:

Last edited:

Fad

ECF Veteran
    Sep 17, 2011
    England
    Hi, just a quick early checkup on forums etc - I have found myself not bothering with the Sirens recently since the SR v4s appeared - with a 5th on the way.

They`re still on the stand as backups with the FrankenTopTank fallback backup-backups (!) I haven`t got the urge to dispose yet.

The main annoyance I find, now they don`t have the propensity to leak, is the too large wick holes - I get that sinking feeling just thinking about building one now...
    little things like that just depress me and building atomisers I find as appealing as cleaning the toilet at the best of times :)

A clone version with a few tweaks would be nice to try out, however unlikely it is they`ll ever appear.

It looks like they may have stopped production around the mid 4000s for the 25s at least - I don`t know how that compares, number wise, to runs of similar devices.

It seems a little odd that they outright ceased them considering they still sold out of the 22s - they should have released a v2

Anyway, no point crying over spilt milk...there`s always tomorrow and yet another device to frustrate over.

Riplea

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 8, 2010
    IL
    I had this in my email today from Digiflavor.

hi, good news. with discussion this morning, because so many customers are asking for more siren 22 or 25.
    We plan to reproduce 1000pcs for each color and type. Please check with your local shops there. I believe
    it will go back to market soon. thanks for your attention.

2017-05-22

Fad

ECF Veteran
    Sep 17, 2011
    England
    Well, knock me down - can you believe that !

This is good news but I will abstain unless they`ve made those wick holes a bit smaller.

It`s highly unlikely they`ll have made any revisions, they didn`t even know people still wanted them yet they were selling out - no faith left for DF here I`m afraid.

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 29, 2015
    I had this in my email today from Digiflavor.

hi, good news. with discussion this morning, because so many customers are asking for more siren 22 or 25.
    We plan to reproduce 1000pcs for each color and type. Please check with your local shops there. I believe
    it will go back to market soon. thanks for your attention.

2017-05-22

I got the same email from them last night too!! I am sending them an email message now asking when they'll be available and where.

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 29, 2015
    You should ask if any changes have been made also.

I'll definitely ask that question. I'll also mention to them Fad's leak fix, but before I do that, I want to find out when and where they'll be available. I asked them if this run is a success, will be other runs?

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    I'll definitely ask that question. I'll also mention to them Fad's leak fix, but before I do that, I want to find out when and where they'll be available. I asked them if this run is a success, will be other runs?
    Fingers crossed. :D

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    If you go shopping sometime bob, I used a 4mmx1mm to cure all my seepage issues on my 22mm Siren and plan to do the same with my 25mm Siren. I put it under the positive block and around the air tube, then tightened the air tube down tight so the positive block smashed that 4x1mm o-ring flat. I noticed that even with that 4x1mm o-ring in place under the positive block that both the positive and negative terminals where the coil gets screwed down are still in a straight up vertical position, no leaning posts. Metric Buna O-rings 4 x 1mm Price for 50 pcs
    Hey 52 I ordered the 4mmx1mm, hope i'll have more Sirens to use them with. :D

Last edited:

Fad

ECF Veteran
    Sep 17, 2011
    England
    Thanks you guys for having the mettle to deal with these lot directly - I would be exasperated after 30 seconds.

/magic wish directly to the Digiflavor's designer's brain

I really would like at least one more IF the wick holes are smaller, I`m preferring to use a 2.5 ID coil these days, they are quieter and just seem to work a bit better...

...and better threading on the top cap...

...and some more airholes for the tighter MTL people...

....and proper sealing by default !!!

:mail:

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread