Digiflavor Siren GTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fad

ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2011
England
Ya never know who might be listing (marvelous) karto tanks on the Classifieds one of these days...

I tried all the carto tanks - ended up with a VapourArt SnP and still have it (nice appearance and early dual hole top fill method - life changing !)
it`s just that the cartos are too tight for me now, although I don`t miss hole punching one bit.

Last edited:

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
I'm kind of glad that I missed out on all the Carto Fun 'n Games. I started off my vaping adventures with a Vision Spinner2 and EVOD2 combination, I bought a pair of each just so I could get thru the day. Then I got a Kanger AeroTank to top that Spinner2, then a Kanger AeroTank Mega and put it on that Spinner2 o_O (that setup just somehow didn't look quite right to me) :nah:. I sure have come a long ways since then, but not that far as compared to some of ya'll. My wife calls me the "Mad Chemist" now, as I make my own juice (for pennies). I've said it before, Smoking was never as fun as this vaping has turned out to be.

Fad

ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2011
England
For your sake, I`m also glad you missed out - nostalgia is fine in retrospect but my take on it is that faffing and fiddling about doing vape maintenance is the smoking equivalent to cleaning ashtrays....messy, time consuming, uneccessary, infuriating and fiddly ad nauseam.

Things are easier these days, although not always by very much ;)

Last edited:

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Yeah, I wonder if I would have stayed off smoke's if I would have had to screw around with Carto's, fish bowl filters and the like.

I have a couple of Fev's, a 3 and a 4 that I like very much. They use both KGD/Rayon and mesh as wick, and once I got used to the mesh then building was a breeze. That's about the most complicated device I have thrown a build on to date.

Last edited:

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
It's about 0345 hrs. now at my house, and I've been using this new (to me) Corolla (Toyota) v1.5 exclusively for the last almost 7 hours.

I am really impressed !! :thumbs: I have filled it twice (almost Nic'd myself out) and no leaks what so ever. Like I said before, I use a Menthol juice that I mix myself and I can detect No Difference in the flavor or vapor as compared to my Siren 25, plus I can tighten down the draw to almost completely no air at all (the Siren and the Corolla v1.5) then open the draw up to get a restricted DL hit. I think it will be a good All Day Vape for like going to town or being out of the house for a while. :thumbs: It's very small in stature as compared to my Siren 25, so on a small form factor mod like a Presa TC 75 or a VTC mini, it would be a very stealth setup.

So now I have not 1, but 2 GTA/RTA's that I must buy extras of. Will the buying ever Stop ??

Again, Thanks to Kat for turning me onto this very Fine little GTA styled RTA, commonly known as the "Toyota".

Last edited:

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
For your sake, I`m also glad you missed out - nostalgia is fine in retrospect but my take on it is that faffing and fiddling about doing vape maintenance is the smoking equivalent to cleaning ashtrays....messy, time consuming, uneccessary, infuriating and fiddly ad nauseam.

It was WELL worth the money to buy the laser-slotted ones. They were a breeze (fiddles=none).

Punching (cartos) SUUUUUUCKED.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
taryn-spin-metoda-polnjenja-elektronske-cigarete.jpg

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
My Taryn spinner was a 10ml syringe with a bit of tissue in the spout to prevent liquid all up the walls.... and a piece of string :)

It definitely helped speed things up though !

I did it exactly one time. Whatever I did wrong, that's EXACTLY where my liquid ended up.

I began condom filling immediately thereafter, and never "spun" again (not counting tequila nights). :party:

dark_hawk

Aug 13, 2016
Already having 4 22s, I think I solved any wicking issues prior to getting the 25 so being able to see inside does not really do anything for me. Got the wicking right immediately. I also don't use the air reducer. Instead, I put a grommet from a protank coil into the air hole to reduce the hole to 2.4mm. I do this with all my single coils so that they all vape the same. The one thing that I really like about the 25 is the extra juice that it holds. I tend to chain vape so the extra juice helps. Also, there seems to be no air bubbles trapped in the lower chamber.

How did you solve your wicking issues? I can't seem to get the 22 Siren to stop "weeping" through the airflow ring. I won't call is leaking, liquid seem to seep through the ring with the airflow holes.
I tried the 2.5mm ID coils, the 3mm coils, even a 3.5mm ID coil.
Tried making the wicks long and touching the bottom, and tried making the wicks short.
And of course I always make sure that the wicks is not touching the oil film.
I also changed the o-rings although they look fine.

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
I wonder, could one wick with mesh instead of cotton/Rayon in these Sirens ?? The reason I ask, is because I was on a Avocado thread and those folks use an "U" wick made out of Mesh and it seems to be working great for them geek vape avocado genesis style RTA

It looks to me that the GeekVape Avocado is just a dual coil version of the Siren/Toyota. Am I wrong here ??

Last edited:
Reactions: Katdarling

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
How did you solve your wicking issues? I can't seem to get the 22 Siren to stop "weeping" through the airflow ring. I won't call is leaking, liquid seem to seep through the ring with the airflow holes.
Tried making the wicks long and touching the bottom, and tried making the wicks short.

I think your problem is you don't have enough cotton in the wick. I get the weeping through the air holes when I don't have enough wick in there. I make my wicks so fat it is hard to get the cotton through the coil! Try more wicking material. I don't think your issue is the length of the wick because mine have weeped with all diferent leaks if I didn't have enough wick in the coil.

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
If you don't want to pull your wick out of the coil and start over, just cut two narrow strips of cotton and lift up the skirt of your wick. On the underside of each wick, stick one strip of cotton to the wick that's already there. You don't have to thread this through the coil. Just affix it to the underside of the wick just beyond the area where it emerges from the coil. The cotton strip ought to stick to the underside of your wick if the wick is wet with juice. If it doesn't want to stick, just add a little juice. Then, you can trim the strip of cotton to be the same length as the rest of the wick. That should ensure that your wick is thick enough to prevent the weeping through the air holes. Once I even had to add two strips of cotton to the underside of my wicks, but this should fix it for you. Give it a shot and let us know if it works for you.

Yes. It is always good to check your o-rings and make sure your wick isn't touching the oil film. I don't remember either of those things ever causing the weeping you describe. Others have had those issues. For me, it's always about how thick the wick is.

Good luck!!

ian91

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2013
Westbank, BC Canada
I don't see the difference between the 22 and the 25. I use 3mm for both. Get enough cotton so it is tight in the coil but will still move back and forth. Once I have vaped my first tank, I go back and remove a bit of the cotton as it will swell a bit after a full tank. I may have to do this a couple of times if the vape gets too dry. I haven't had any issues with seeping.

ian91

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2013
Westbank, BC Canada
I wonder, could one wick with mesh instead of cotton/Rayon in these Sirens ?? The reason I ask, is because I was on a Avocado thread and those folks use an "U" wick made out of Mesh and it seems to be working great for them geek vape avocado genesis style RTA

It looks to me that the GeekVape Avocado is just a dual coil version of the Siren/Toyota. Am I wrong here ??
I bought an Avocado clone from FT to try. It was under $10 and got good reviews. I set it up as single coil. I tried getting it set up about 6 times but never successfully got it to work well. I had the top air version so it could have been that. Ended up getting rid of it.

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Brace yourself, 52. ;)

So far, I think this Toyota v1.5 a very viable solution, now that I changed drip tips. I'm like'in it very much Kat.:thumbs: Thanks for turning me onto it. (Gesh Kat, you're multi-quote post is, is, long) :lol:

It may have been lengthy, but I think my replies are normally shortish and to the point-ish, n'est pas? Sowwy.

I check in (welp, pop in) to ECF randomly and the multi-quote seems to suit some threads.

How AWESOME that you are liking the Toyota!!!!!! I tell ya.... it's a quiet little piece of wonderment, that tank. <nodding>

I tried all the carto tanks - ended up with a VapourArt SnP and still have it (nice appearance and early dual hole top fill method - life changing !)
it`s just that the cartos are too tight for me now, although I don`t miss hole punching one bit.

Punching? ahhahahahaha! Did you ever punch with a nail and a hammer???? I did!!!!! :lol:

What a joke that was! As DPL said, laser slotted for the WIN!

Smoking was never as fun as this vaping has turned out to be.

Quoted for truth...... majorly the truth!

(But you missed the joy of the karto!! :D )

Fad, I think things are SO much easier..... in some ways. The days of the kartos were incredibly easy really, too, tho. Now, with the tanks, and attIEs, and wicking we have, there's really not so much to do anymore. My setups are lasting weeks... months, even.

This SO appeals to the lazy vaperette, me.

It's about 0345 hrs. now at my house, and I've been using this new (to me) Corolla (Toyota) v1.5 exclusively for the last almost 7 hours.

I am really impressed !! :thumbs: I have filled it twice (almost Nic'd myself out) and no leaks what so ever. Like I said before, I use a Menthol juice that I mix myself and I can detect No Difference in the flavor or vapor as compared to my Siren 25, plus I can tighten down the draw to almost completely no air at all (the Siren and the Corolla v1.5) then open the draw up to get a restricted DL hit. I think it will be a good All Day Vape for like going to town or being out of the house for a while. :thumbs: It's very small in stature as compared to my Siren 25, so on a small form factor mod like a Presa TC 75 or a VTC mini, it would be a very stealth setup.

So now I have not 1, but 2 GTA/RTA's that I must buy extras of. Will the buying ever Stop ??

Again, Thanks to Kat for turning me onto this very Fine little GTA styled RTA, commonly known as the "Toyota".

My pleasure? <blush> I'm just glad you like it as I do. Hellova tank. And no, the buying does not stop. ;)

YAAAAAY! That was so much fun!!

But I lost a cat due to the activity. No, she didn't get hurt or hit, but left me because of my craziness. I TARYN SPUN all over the house!

I made my own spinners, too. :blush:

taryn spinner.jpg

Dunno-No Klue? Keep us looped, 52.

Jim-

GCS E (1) + V (1) + M (1) = 3
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2013
Los Angeles County, Ca. USA
Already having 4 22s, I think I solved any wicking issues prior to getting the 25 so being able to see inside does not really do anything for me. Got the wicking right immediately. I also don't use the air reducer. Instead, I put a grommet from a protank coil into the air hole to reduce the hole to 2.4mm. I do this with all my single coils so that they all vape the same. The one thing that I really like about the 25 is the extra juice that it holds. I tend to chain vape so the extra juice helps. Also, there seems to be no air bubbles trapped in the lower chamber.

I've been doing exactly the same thing with the 1.2 mm Kayfun 5 plugs on all my MTL tanks. Had to modify em a lil but though with the Siren due to the defuser. Still works like a champ though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread