• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

DIY juice

Status
Not open for further replies.

isux

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 17, 2015
Fine City
ive tried making juice using bakeking.. i tell you they taste awesome!

the key is letting them steep a long time..
i had a first batch that tasted like crap so i just stored them in my bupboard and occasionally rinsed them in warm water... about 2 weeks later the flavours just kept pourin out when i vaped!
ive tried bakeking, starbrand and lorann ..all is good, but starbrand i dont like very much
Mind sharing the recipe?

Sent from Vapor clouds above..

Comrade Vape

Verified Member
Oct 4, 2015
Local
Shrug.png

vaporado

Sep 25, 2015
In Da Clouds
Hi guys.. Very new to DIYing.. Any suggestions to what flavor is not so sweet? Or is it flavoring Is sweet by itself? I only tried banana cream, 1 ml to 15 ml total.. Taste very sweet to me.. Maybe should avoid fruit favors?
hello.. not an expert too as i just started DIY .. but usually for sweetness.. i will try to source or google those with reviews if you manage to get the brand of the flavoring.. i will try to get those reviews with sweetness as i have sweet tooth. tested out fruit flavors and some are not so sweet for me.. example watermelon.. iirc theres a thread somewhere reviewing a famous flavoring shop in singapore PH and most of our diy bros reviewed their homemade juice ;) also vg affects the sweetness of the juice if im not wrong.. if you DIYing high VG concentration.. you might wanna lessen your flavoring if you dislike strong sweetness taste.. but of course lessen the original flavor taste of it..

isux

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 17, 2015
Fine City
You mean putting the empty bottle on scale and drip and weigh? But does VG, being 'thicker', weights more?
Anyhow how does y'all store the liquids like pg vg flavors? In plastic bottles or transfer to glass? How long can they last also? Thinking of getting some more for mid term storage..

@chia, might posting your recipes next time in terms of %? It's easier for us to decipher the proportions and perhaps understand a little more about your juice.

ECF has tonnes of DIY Recipes and methods that you can refer to.

For storage, I've mentioned before in this thread. Perhaps might be a good idea to read through the thread.

Coming back to your topic, I would prefer using volumetric measurement (mL) with syringes. Some prefer using drops. It's to your preference. But be mindful that with VG you might want to use 14G needles since they are much more viscous than PG.

In terms of steeping (i.e. letting the juice and flavours settle down to a homogeneous mix), I usually keep it in a dark colored/ opaque GLASS bottle and store in a cool dry place. Don't settle for plastics. Once in a while i will shake them.

For fruits and cake flavours, usually shake and vape right away. for creams, probably give it a week to steep.

Reactions: chia

vaporado

Sep 25, 2015
In Da Clouds
@chia, might posting your recipes next time in terms of %? It's easier for us to decipher the proportions and perhaps understand a little more about your juice.

For storage, I've mentioned before in this thread. Perhaps might be a good idea to read through the thread.

Coming back to your topic, I would prefer using volumetric measurement (mL) with syringes. Some prefer using drops. It's to your preference. But be mindful that with VG you might want to use 14G needles since they are much more viscous than PG.

In terms of steeping (i.e. letting the juice and flavours settle down to a homogeneous mix), I usually keep it in a dark colored/ opaque GLASS bottle and store in a cool dry place. Don't settle for plastics. Once in a while i will shake them.

For fruits and cake flavours, usually shake and vape right away. for creams, probably give it a week to steep.
hi.. sorry if this is a noob question.. i notice pharmacy doesnt sell syringes with needles.. tried wats.. and guardi... is there any places to get those with needles?

chia

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2014
Red Dot
hi.. sorry if this is a noob question.. i notice pharmacy doesnt sell syringes with needles.. tried wats.. and guardi... is there any places to get those with needles?
They do sell.. Just need to ask them. They comes packed separately. But the needles are usually too fine/small for juice, like 22G - 25G..

Reactions: vaporado

chia

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2014
Red Dot

Hi thanx for the reply.. But I dun find anything on the storage of flavorings, yet.. Mixing and steeping I do in glass bottle, simple enough.. But how bout the flavorings themselves? Currently they come to me in small plastic bottles, and was told by supplier they can last a month, but is it bcos of the plastic bottle may affect the liquid? And if I get more for storage do I need to transfer them to a glass container for longer storage?

isux

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 17, 2015
Fine City
They do sell.. Just need to ask them. They comes packed separately. But the needles are usually too fine/small for juice, like 22G - 25G..
For finer syringes, you can get them off the shelves. For thicker gauges, might want to try via the counter. Else you can always go where they are most often used :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread