• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

DIY juice

Status
Not open for further replies.

WarA

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 24, 2015
This is probably the 4,5th time I've seen such threads around. Yes it is possible to make nice juice from them, but are you willing to test and find out due to the lower amount of people using their flavourings as compared to more established overseas brands.

https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/forums/diy-e-liquid.38/ has lots of information. Glycerine from phoon huat can be used as VG but ideally I'd grab both VG and PG from singaporesoap at ratio of 2:1(500ml:250ml).

Protap3r

Oct 5, 2015
SG
I've been DIY-ing my own juices for some time now. I started off with VG/PG USP and TPA flavorings and only recently tried phoon huat products. PH products taste way better compared to the TPA and usp vg/pg products. It's less harsh on the throat, smooth and.. it's cheaper.

My diy juices are 0nic so I can vape all day(with my wife), and no side effects of nic overdose. DIY is all about hit and miss, find your sweet spot(recipe) and you're on a roll buddy. ;)

Got myself VG + Durian/Green Tea/Cotton Candy/Lychee flavourings from PH.

Only had the bottles to make cotton candy and green tea.

Cotton candy was... yucks.
Green tea on the other hand, I freaking love it. Maybe because I just love green tea, because it actually does taste like legit green tea.

Formula for both was a 10% flavour of the total amount of the bottle. Mine is a 60ml bottle, so I put 6ml of PG-based flavour, and the rest is VG.

Then again, it's been only steeping for 2 days, too curious to how it'll taste like. We'll see how it tastes like after 3 more days or so.

Reactions: Pouf

Protap3r

Oct 5, 2015
SG
Got myself VG + Durian/Green Tea/Cotton Candy/Lychee flavourings from PH.

Only had the bottles to make cotton candy and green tea.

Cotton candy was... yucks.
Green tea on the other hand, I freaking love it. Maybe because I just love green tea, because it actually does taste like legit green tea.

Formula for both was a 10% flavour of the total amount of the bottle. Mine is a 60ml bottle, so I put 6ml of PG-based flavour, and the rest is VG.

Then again, it's been only steeping for 2 days, too curious to how it'll taste like. We'll see how it tastes like after 3 more days or so.

Thanks for the heads-up on the Green Tea, will head down soon! Cotton Candy from TPA is spot on, awesome flavour and can be used as ethyl maltol to sweeten things up. Most of my juices now have Cotton Candy in it as a sweetener, cautious though.. a few drops is enough coz it's concentrated. Good luck!

javafreak

Aug 13, 2015
Earth
This is probably the 4,5th time I've seen such threads around. Yes it is possible to make nice juice from them, but are you willing to test and find out due to the lower amount of people using their flavourings as compared to more established overseas brands.

https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/forums/diy-e-liquid.38/ has lots of information. Glycerine from phoon huat can be used as VG but ideally I'd grab both VG and PG from singaporesoap at ratio of 2:1(500ml:250ml).

LOL, aren't we a little testy now.

Reactions: WarA
@Irham Bro's how's the steeping coming along? I did apple and peppermint for almost a week now. Tried it when i steeped for 2 days but not much flavor. Heard that PH flavorings pale in comparison with other brands.
Still the same for the green tea. And @WarA is right, I'm using an RTA and my mix is mostly VG. Maybe the juice itself isn't being saturated into my cottons enough, hence, affecting the flavour output. Feel like modifying my RTA become RDA HAHA.

I scraped my cotton candy and made a new batch but with lychee flavour. Increased the the flavour percentage to 15%. Will not touch the lychee mix until it's steeped for at least 5 days.

Lots of trial and error to be done. No definite answer now.

Pouf

ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2015
Fine City
Did a 10ml test batch for my strawberry essence from bake king.
15% strawberry 5% sweetener TPA 15% PG and 65% VG (I decided to add the sweetener last min thats why i took 5% off the VG)
Water bath for about an hour with shaking and recycling air in the bottle every 15mins

2days of sitting in a dark corner later, the berry taste is really mild and the sweetness only comes through from the smell of the liquid.
That vapour though..

WarA

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 24, 2015
don't do too much water bath and just let them natural steep.
TPA sucralose is really low % like maybe 5/10% to pg only, sucralose can and will lose its sweetness quite fast even more so under heat.
Additional sweetener has to be added after steeping to retain the sweetness (its more of a personal preference thing) besides too much sweetener isnt good to the coil either.

Edit: also, dont breath(replacing air as you mentioned) the juice unless you have really strong flavourings/alcohol based flavourings.

Edit 2: Another important thing is, is the strawberry essence water soluble?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread