Status
Not open for further replies.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
I completely agree, thanks. In the video I do crank it down but that was the first time I had done that, I usually screw it on just until it becomes snug. Unfortunately the pin isn't adjustable on the Indestructible.

Yeah I made sure the coils were held in place fine and did a test fire on my Tesla to make sure it worked as I found the two different messages confusing aswell.
Check the insulator in the rda. Sounds like it failed.

Completely Average

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2014
Suburbs of Dallas
Is there anywhere that can install this 510 on it for a reasonable price? This is my favorite mod and would love to use it again....

I don't know of anyone who can do it for you, but if you're able to do a bit of light soldering it's an easy swap and only costs about $7 for the Fat Daddy Vapes 510.

Read this:

Replacing the 510 in an RX200... Fairly easy actually.

And to you people thinking it's a problem with the RDA should do a bit more research. This is a very common problem with the RX200. It's especially common on the TFV4 tanks.

Google

I have four RX200's. Admittedly, not the RX200S model.
I have been,using them upwards of six months, since I bought my firts one.
I do not own a Wismec tank or atty. I use Aspire Triton and Atlantis, Uwell Crown, Eleaf Ijust2, Eleaf Melo 3, Vaporesso Gemini (Ccell version) SMOK TFV4, and a couple other tanks on them. (No Kangertech though; they leak too much)
I've never had a problem with any of the mods or tanks.

NOWHERE in the instruction booklets for the mods does it say to ONLY use a Wismec atty or tank. If I was restricted to an RDA dripping atomizor, I would not have bought the mod. I have less than zero inteserst in building my own coils. I have even less interest in dripping. I drive truck, I'm guessing dripping and driving do not go well together. I want more than a couple puffs before the juice is gone.
I did have a "no atomizer" error once, when I replaced a (genuine) Triton coil. I replaced that coil, and it worked fine. That one coil must have been bad.
If you have not done so already, change the coil, and/or try a different tank/atty.

ruet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
GR, MI
2. What do you suggest I do? Take it apart? The video shows it not functioning

Unless you want to actually void any warranty on the device; leave it alone and wait until your correspondence with Wismec has concluded. Don't take it apart. Don't mess with the 510 connector. Put it in it's box and wait. You stated you have another mod. Use it.

Alien Traveler

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2014
United States
Reactions: Tommy-Chi

Completely Average

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2014
Suburbs of Dallas
Could you please quote line about 510 pin in WISMEC warranty policy?
I cannot find anything about this. Andy they sell mods which are for any atty.

The line isn't specific to the 510. It applies to ANY non-Wismec component that damages the mod in any way.

* Product failure or damage caused due to usage with non-WISMEC components

A damaged 510 caused by a non-Wismec atty that had a 510 post that was too long counts as damage caused due to useage with non-Wismec components.

If your atty sits like this:

59eb1e5f4ef3c4232550e2ae4713992d.jpg

And you try to screw it down tighter so it sits flush and damage the 510 in the process, Wismec WILL NOT cover it under their warranty.

ruet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
GR, MI
Could you please quote line about 510 pin in WISMEC warranty policy?
I cannot find anything about this. Andy they sell mods which are for any atty.

I think this is what is being referred to.

"* Product failure or damage caused due to usage with non-WISMEC components (charger, battery, power cable and so on). "

It's a pretty open-ended requirement. The whole warranty is rather onerous. It basically says we can void your warranty for whatever and we can change the warranty at any time to cover whatever situation we want.

Alien Traveler

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2014
United States
The line isn't specific to the 510. It applies to ANY non-Wismec component that damages the mod in any way.

A damaged 510 caused by a non-Wismec atty that had a 510 post that was too long counts as damage caused due to useage with non-Wismec components.

And you try to screw it down tighter so it sits flush and damage the 510 in the process, Wismec WILL NOT cover it under their warranty.

I think this is what is being referred to.

"* Product failure or damage caused due to usage with non-WISMEC components (charger, battery, power cable and so on). "

It's a pretty open-ended requirement. The whole warranty is rather onerous. It basically says we can void your warranty for whatever and we can change the warranty at any time to cover whatever situation we want.
But had it happened already? Was somebody denied warranty because of 510 pin damaged by non-Wismec atty? Open-ended writing and open-ended attitude are two different things. And if it happened already, then I believe nobody should buy Wismec. If it does not happened - then what about is this thread?

Tonkpils

ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2015
Ontario
But had it happened already? Did somebody was denied warranty because of 510 pin damaged by non-Wismec atty? Open-ended writing and open-ended attitude are two different things. And if it happened already, then I believe nobody should buy Wismec. If it does not happened - then what about is this thread?

Yes, its well documented in this forum alone. Remember Wismec is owned by Joytech.

JimZet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2015
Just no luck, thats all, try cleaning the pin with alcohol maybe that would help.

Weird that it says atomizer short even when you have no atomizer on.
You could also replace the pin but yeah thats a pain.

RX200, RX200s owner here, never had this issue, though RX200s is barely used atm, still waiting RX200 to die first xD

bwh79

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
Oregon
To all those saying that using other atty's doesn't void the atty, you are completely wrong. This is joytech, they have been doing this since the Isticks came out, it's not news. Do a quick google search before putting this guy on blast, he has a legitimate gripe.
This is nothing new, and it's not specific to vaping gear. "Oh, you used our [any product] with a generic $5 9-volt wall adapter from Radio Shack, instead of our branded 9-volt wall adapter that does exactly the same thing that's sold separately for $24.99? It must suck to be you, 'cause NO WARRANTY FOR YOU, SUCKA!"

My stance: they only way they're going to KNOW that you used another company's product, is if you TELL THEM that you used another company's product.

Completely Average

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2014
Suburbs of Dallas
Yea, I saw that at 43 seconds. Ur 510 pin is busted, melted, or has gunk.

As far as the warranty? How the hell can they even tell if you use a different atty? how would one prove that? is there atty DNA? and is it traceable?

Well god bless me and my 1 week old RX200s

It's very easy to tell.

Wismec/Joyetech attys all have a specific post length. If your pin is pushed down farther than that then you used a 3rd party atty. If your pin shows signs of scratching because you used a screwdriver or tweezers to pull the pin back up then you've been using 3rd party components to attempt to make your own repairs. To be covered the pin would have to be unscratched and pushed down no farther than the length of their own attys.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY

Not directly on topic here, but looking at that photo, not only is the tank not flush, but it actually looks slightly tilted forward. Is that just the photo or really how it sits? If it is off angle, that's just more stress on the connector and threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread