Ruleaux RX200S issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

FastNick

ECF Veteran
Nov 14, 2014
Montreal, QC
Ok, so I just bought few days ago this device and I'm a bit confused about the thing.
First of all I have to say that I bought it thinking that I will go for two days before I charge the batteries. With my good ole Sigelei 150W with two batteries I could go for almost two days.
The RX200S lasts for maximum 1 day. What the heck? 3 batteries?
Also the device gets kinda hot. I wonder how is it gonna be in the summer days.
I use the device at 55W with a Crown tank and coil 0.25ohm. Batteries are green Samsung 25R.
I upgraded the software from Wismec website and now the mod goes to 250W which I will never need. I upgraded thinking that the updates in the software would improve the functionality and not to have 250W as I don't care about that.
Is this a normal behaviour? Should I buy different batteries? Should I downgrade (if is possible) to the previous firmware version?

Any input is appreciated.
Thank you

FastNick

ECF Veteran
Nov 14, 2014
Montreal, QC
OK, I gave it the benefits of the doubt and I said I would try more powerful batteries before I slam my verdict on this mod.
I bought 3 LG HG2, same like I used in my good ole Sigelei 150W. The 200S eats the batteries like a hungry lion. My Sigelei would last for two days with brand new fresh charged LG HG2 with the same coils I'm using right now with the 200S.
My verdict is that Wismec RX200S sucks. This is the biggest mod disappointment I ever had.

There is any other 3 battery regulated mod on the market that it actually works? I just want a 3 battery mod that after one day of usage at 55W and 0.25 ohm would have more than 50% of juice.
Why I bought this 200S and put my Sigelei aside was because of the shape of the device. I can grab this one with one hand really well and also when I put it down it won't fall easy like Sigelei does. And hey, I wanted 3 batteries to last longer. Right????

KS_Referee

Dec 20, 2016
NE Kansas
I have quite a few RX200S mods, am using genuine LG HG2 cells and they typically last 2 days. Much depends on the RTA/RDA I am using because I tend to vape more with certain setups. Even the difference of builds, single coil vs double, ohms/coil and total ohms, etc. But for me the big difference is the RTA/RDA because I definitely vape more on some devices than others. All that said, there have been times when I could only get a good long day out of a charge. BTW, I have numerous married LG HG2 cell sets, and keep a spare set in a cell case with me just about all the time, just in case.

You also mentioned heat. My RX200S mods also get warm when I'm chain vaping, but that also depends on my RTA/RDA as well as how much I'm vaping. I've never been concerned by the heat but I have set it aside to let it cool on occasion, again dealing more with how much I was vaping. I suspect some of the heat is transferred from the different RTA/RDA setups, but some is also the battery cells.

One thing I would say about battery cells is, for me, it usually takes 4 or so charge/discharge cycles before they become pretty consistent. Slapping battery cells in a device and expecting to determine what it will do in the first couple uses can be misleading.

Anyway, good luck with it regardless of what you decide.

FastNick

ECF Veteran
Nov 14, 2014
Montreal, QC
Is true, the heat was coming from the fact that I tried a new juice and it was so tasty I was chain vaping.
Now you told me something I never knew. Wait for few charges/discharges to see the real colors of the batteries.
I have two sets of batteries I use for the RX200S. Both brand new and they charge/discharge together no exceptions.
The Samsung last less than the LG due to the lower Mah. But still, none of the sets will show more than 50% at the end of a day. That sucks. I was expecting 3 batteries to last longer than two, knowing the fact that I use the same tank with the Sigelei and now the RX200S.

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
I could easily burn thru 50% or more of my batteries in a rx200s or my istick 200 (or either of my rx2/3 in dual bat mode) in a day if it was the only mod I vaped on all day since I vape a lot throughout the day using just 2mg mg nic and vape at 75 - 90 watts. But since I switch between all 4 throughout the day I don't have to recharge any of them every day. How fast they go below 50% depends on how many seconds (and how many watts you are vaping at) you vape per day. It is impossible to say if they are dying too fast without knowing how many ml and/or how many seconds/puffs you are vaping (which your mod keeps track of). Dual and tripple battery series mods don't really give you any more total mah, just the ability to up the wattage more than if it was a single battery mod.

Reactions: KS_Referee

KS_Referee

Dec 20, 2016
NE Kansas
One more time:

Your mod is defective! Complaining does not repair that.

Please cite your evidence, based upon the information given by the op, that his mod is defective. The FACT is, you cannot. Jumping to conclusions based on so little info (we've already been given NEW info from the original post by the op stating he used a new flavor causing him to vape more) does NOT help anyone.

Now to the op:
Have you taken the mod out of the voltage bar graph mode and placed it in % voltage mode? The bar graph is not a good indicator of cell life. Also, mentioning the heat issue again... the RX200S has sensors that detect when the device gets too hot. When it detects this it will display a warning, "Device Too HOT" and will not allow it to fire.

I suggest you give the mod a few more days before making a decision. Any time we switch between mods, we tend to compare our new mod to the old mod, expecting the exact same results plus the new expected results based on our preconceived notion of what should be rather than what is.

To be honest, if you're seriously expecting a longer interval between cell charging, maybe switching to a dual or triple 26650 mod would be better. The reason I say this is because that is one way to guarantee a longer time between charges. There are so many variables to attribute to reduced cell life, some are measurable, others are not, that it is difficult to compare one device to another. Here is one example I figured out myself. I like the "feel" of my RX200S in my hand so much more than other mods I've used, I find myself holding it in my hand more than other mods I've used and therefore I tend to vape more with it.

A good way to help determine whether or not the device is defective is by making sure the new mod has the same settings you used on your last mod, and assuming the flavor and cloud production haven't changed, then odds are it isn't defective. Sometimes rebuilding a deck or replacing a coil is needed and not doing so can leave one with the opinion that something is wrong.

All that said, there are simply too many potential variables to make some off the cuff remark like:
One more time:

Your mod is defective! Complaining does not repair that.

Reactions: Fozzy71

KS_Referee

Dec 20, 2016
NE Kansas
Fozzy I also use more than one mod on any given day because I switch flavors thru out the day. I almost exclusively use RX200S mods, unless I have to go to some function with my wife where I have to wear "nice" clothes rather than sweats. Then I'll break out one of my Sigelei 213 mods, just for the smaller and imho classier "pretty" effect. So when I compare a RX200S to another mod, my comparison is to another RX200S. BTW, I have 10 RX200S mods because I managed to find some at insanely low prices and just couldn't pass it up given they are my favorite mod.

Reactions: Fozzy71
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread