Do you Vape around your children?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chef of clouds

Verified Member
May 13, 2012
Orange County, CA
I actually read all 13 pages of this thread. It seems the opinions about vaping in front of kids is about 50/50.

I have children of my own and I do vape around them when we're outdoors. I also vape in the house in front of the computer or while watching TV, but when the kids aren't around.

I guess until 100% evidence comes out that there is no type of second hand impact......that's to make the wife happy.

Milkshakes

May 2, 2012
philadelphia, pa
I have a 3 yr old and I never smoked inside house or car. I didn't start back up with smoking until he was a year old except for the occasional puff with my mom. Once i started again it was like i never stopped. I smoked on the porch while he was napping or eating lunch with the storm door shut. I did smoke in outside environments in front of but not around him such as by my mom's pool. Recently he became aware of what smoking is, that it's yucky/bad but I also would catch him pretending a popsicle stick was a cigarette and that was my #1 reason for the switch.
I vape in my kitchen now instead of going out front, and in the car I do not as I never smoked in there anyhow- would just seem indulgent.
I keep my liquids up high, explained that they're for grownups who are trying to stop smoking and are like medicine. He knows they are dangerous and he is happy they're helping me. Might only be 3 but I recently used a supermini of my moms to give it a comparison try, he saw and got very upset thinking I was smoking. Broke my heart but also solidified my choice. I don't judge parents for vaping in front of kids as sometimes you can't get away for your own time. I go in another room as regardless of what I think I know about the vapor exhaled- it's something I'll chance on my lungs not his.

Ciar

Jun 7, 2012
London,UK
I grew up with my grandfather and father both smoking in the house in front of me all my young life, I am now 40, I remember hating smoking i mean really disliked smoke, worst part of this is at 25 i took up smoking, god knows why maybe because in the UK you could still smoke wherever, worst mistake i have ever made, it's one thing I am trying to avoid now with a 2 month old daughter.

never smoked in doors rarely smoke in my car and if on a long trip i stop at a service station, I am doing the same with the ecig, smoking out of sight and not near other people, hopefully now i have switched it will lead to fully quitting both, for me personally I don't want her picking up my bad habits, if she does it when she is old enough who am i to stop her, hopefully by doing what i am now she wont!

but i can well imagine if she tries my missus will point out how i used to be as a example of not what to do ;-)

mommywoman

May 15, 2012
michigan
I too vape in front of my kids, they are adults. I was a smoker long before they were born. When I was married to their father, he too smoked. As smokers as well, the "kids" have watched me (and my ex) begin to vape recently. They have made the decision to begin vaping also. So, I suppose as parents, we do set examples after our kids are grown. I'm so happy they have switched.

X P3 Flight Engineer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2012
Moncton, N.B. Canada
I grew up with my grandfather and father both smoking in the house in front of me all my young life, I am now 40, I remember hating smoking i mean really disliked smoke, worst part of this is at 25 i took up smoking, god knows why maybe because in the UK you could still smoke wherever, worst mistake i have ever made, it's one thing I am trying to avoid now with a 2 month old daughter.

never smoked in doors rarely smoke in my car and if on a long trip i stop at a service station, I am doing the same with the ecig, smoking out of sight and not near other people, hopefully now i have switched it will lead to fully quitting both, for me personally I don't want her picking up my bad habits, if she does it when she is old enough who am i to stop her, hopefully by doing what i am now she wont!

but i can well imagine if she tries my missus will point out how i used to be as a example of not what to do ;-)

The Good News for you is that it has been proven that the earlier in life a person starts smoking (rather than the length of time they have smoked), the harder it is to quit. A person who starts smoking at 13 and smokes for 20 years has more of an 'ingrained response' than one who starts at 23 and smokes until they are 43.

Your chances of quitting both are Excellent! In the meantime, although not entirely harmless, you have significantly reduced the harm to your body. Don't pressure yourself. You will know when it is time to "Break Free"!

Ciar

Jun 7, 2012
London,UK
The Good News for you is that it has been proven that the earlier in life a person starts smoking (rather than the length of time they have smoked), the harder it is to quit. A person who starts smoking at 13 and smokes for 20 years has more of an 'ingrained response' than one who starts at 23 and smokes until they are 43.

Your chances of quitting both are Excellent! In the meantime, although not entirely harmless, you have significantly reduced the harm to your body. Don't pressure yourself. You will know when it is time to "Break Free"!

Totally agree, I have cut myself down from between 10-13 ciggies a day to 7 using the ecig in between, I am getting withdrawal but in all honesty nothing compared to other times i have tried, ordered some carts and liquids to have a mix around and hopefully find some more likeable flavours, all i want is to reduce right down to zero ciggies, but as you said no point driving yourself mad :)

since finding ECF when i find myself getting that niggly feeling for a ciggie, I come on here and read up it allows me to carry on for another hour or so until my next alloted analogue!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread