Status
Not open for further replies.

Huffelpuff

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2011
Philadelphia Burbs
In my opinion vaping in the house won't hurt your kids. My suggestion would be to read in the medical threads and make the decision for yourself. Many MDs are coming on board after evaluating the makeup of the juice and saying that it is "ok" to vape. The problem is that vaping has only been prevalent for a number of years, not decades, so the information that we have is not 100% proven.

Sniperboy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2012
Oakland, CA, USA
Had the same thought..
Maybe this will help.
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo.../272560-do-you-vape-around-your-children.html

there's a lot of speculation on the e-liquid and vapor since it is all relatively new.
Like many things about vaping, you have to take some of the data and make your own decision.
For what its worth post #5 seems like a reasonable post that has answers I can support.

Personally I treat vaping as I did smoking analogues. I step outside and try to make it as inconvenient as possible thinking that one day I may stop even vaping. Just my practice and may be a good idea for you too if you don't want to take any chances.

Id treat vaping like it was a real cigarette if my friends' kids were in the house and treat a charged e-cig like a lit cigarette and not smoke in bed.

Last edited:

Sniperboy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2012
Oakland, CA, USA
Yes thanks for the reminder call me a geek but I vape outside in case of a short in the battery I can toss it on the concrete. Am I the only one who practices 'failure drills' to remove the battery from the mod as quick as possible? : )
Then again I also look both ways even when there's a green crosswalk light.

Ladypixel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2012
La Verne, CA
I sincerely doubt that there's going to be any problem with secondhand vapor UNLESS you literally have a cloud hanging around you. As I've never succeeded at making a cloud unless I wasn't inhaling, and I tend to inhale so that I can get the nicotine in my juice, this is a very rare situation for me at best... and even then, that cloud is confined to at most a foot or two around me and is gone within (at most) a minute. Analogs would leave smoke hanging in the air for a LONG time. Vapor just plain doesn't stick around that long.

The question then becomes whether you -should- vape around them, and that other thread that's been mentioned has a lot of opinions... but that's really a personal call. I do vape around my family, but I don't tend to have PVs/liquid where minors can get at 'em. And to me, that's enough. Everyone's a little different on their parenting views, though.

Mickydrag

Verified Member
Feb 29, 2012
Reading, UK
I have been reading around the subject quite a lot, and there is not real views at to of the vapour can cause any hard - it does after all contain nicotine, which my children could inhale. My wife says she really likes the smell of the fruity and sweet juices (a real turnaround as she really hates tobacco smoke), so she must be inhaling some if I vape when we are in a room together.

I have decided not to tape in any bedrooms and to keep my distance when vamping in front of the children just in case, but am really interested to hear from others in a similar situation

sj74

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 9, 2011
Northern Virginia
I will vape around my son, but I do ensure that he cannot reach or get into anything that he could ingest, etc. Of course I do try to limit exposure to him as I really do not want him to assume that vaping is the "cool thing to do" From a medical perspective I feel as well as from my profession and schooling the effects of 2nd vapor is although not conclusive, min to null. We all brush our teeth, use lotions, etc, PG is in every day products that we use and exhaling it or inhaling it would fall into the same category of putting it on your skin and it being consumed transdermal.

Paradox28

ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2012
Richmond, KY
I just don't see that it can be harmful to children outside of the symbolism. As long as you aren't shotgunning the vapor into them then I don't think they will inhale enough of anything that they won't be getting in foods/drinks they already ingest. As with everything though..its a personal choice. I don't have any children but the ones I'm around have parents who smoke like trains so they've been pretty exposed.

Sniperboy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2012
Oakland, CA, USA
The psychological aspects of vaping is something to be considered too. While vaping should not be something to be 'ashamed of' like some of us likely felt when smoking analogs, I wouldn't want to encourage non smokers or impressionable young adults to pick up another habit.

As was said before, perhaps smoking indoors but not in front of your children would be a great compromise.

DietSalem

ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Indiana
Something mentioned in this thread already that I feel a lot of people forget is that vaping is very new. It is POSSIBLE (I am not saying likely or unlikely, I am only saying possible) that in 10 years we will find out vaping is 10x worse for us. Or maybe even 100xs worse. Because of that, I am always careful with who I vape around, where I vape, etc. What we THINK we know about vaping says it's okay for us. But remember there are other things in history we thought were good for us that are laughable now. Take radiation for example.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread