Status
Not open for further replies.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
Long term effects ? I'm grateful for the opportunity to experience them, whatever they might be ...

At 61, with 46 years of smoking, I was probably not even going to make it to retirement age and still be healthy enough to enjoy it ...

Now I have a good chance to match or exceed my Dad's 100 year life span ... :D

(my paternal grandfather died in his 90s, thrown from a horse ... :?:)

lol
Yeah; "Long Term" is one of the effects by itself!

I'm on my 12th day vaping and only once did I think about a real cigarette. Actually it was just to wonder what took me so long. So far so good! My doctor was all for this and said it should take 5-6 months to completely get off of them. I've noticed so many small changes since I quit and I'm very happy with what I'm doing for my health! :)

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
I'm on my 12th day vaping and only once did I think about a real cigarette. Actually it was just to wonder what took me so long. So far so good! My doctor was all for this and said it should take 5-6 months to completely get off of them. I've noticed so many small changes since I quit and I'm very happy with what I'm doing for my health! :)

I used to have a symptom of when I looked at checkered colored patterns they would shimmer; now it doesn't happen (unless I chain vape 24mg for a day)

eebant

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2013
Hummelstown, PA
Do I worry about the long term effects of vaping? Absolutely not. My doctor actually advised me to try ecigs.

What I do worry about are the long term effects from smoking cigarettes for 40+ years. I hope/pray that I'll be lucky enough that I escaped the big C or even COPD because of all the years I smoked.

But after stopping smoking for going on 7 weeks now and only vaping, I feel a helluva lot better!

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I wonder about any e-liquid made that contains any form of "animal fats" used to produce "Glycerin".

I want to believe vendors do not use this Glycerin - but it would not be beyond the realm of possibility.

Lipoid Pneumonia is a bugger to diagnose if docs don't know ALL that was inhaled.

Tom

Both have their roots in the petroleum industry. It all starts with decayed plant or animal sources. The alternatives are not vaping or returning to inhaling tobacco smoke. I'll stick with vaping. :)

Make sure the glycerin is USP grade.

Sources of Glycerine | LIVESTRONG.COM

Propylene Glycol, Converting glycerin to propylene glycol

Glycerol - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited:

Pedroro

Verified Member
Feb 27, 2014
Granollers - Barcelona
After more than 35 years smoking red with resignation mark,
and making friends who passed to better life because of tobacco-related diseases,
in my case not yet particular cay in diseases, but I guess that it would be a matter of time,
"the universe of the vapeo" I discovered I didn't have to make any effort to adapt to this, nor done less, particularly fills me with and I am glad the vapeo,
for me it is a small hobi,
at the moment there is nothing shown to be bad vapping,
tobacco: more than 4,000 substances and many of them canceligenas...
the vapeo: very few "4 and La mas" and 1 is worst that has nicotine just like tobacco, but that you can reduce it to remove it, thus vapearas to 0'0 of nicotine, which would not take anything harmful
Tobacco: all are service, and detrimental for which consume it and for which is close
the vapeo: has not been demonstrated that it is harmful to that consume it and the around is harmless "not is to shown that fumes are bad"

with tobacco, there was no hope and in the vapeo we found it

conclusion:
tobacco: 0
vapeo: 9'90

Bing Traductor

después de mas de 35 años fumando la marca de rojo con resignación,
y conociendo amigos que pasaron a mejor vida a causa de enfermedades relacionadas con el tabaco,
en mi caso particular aun no cay en las enfermedades, pero supongo que seria cuestión de tiempo,
descubri " el universo del vapeo" y no tuve que hacer ningún esfuerzo por adaptarme a ello, tampoco lo hecho de menos, particularmente me llena y me satisface el vapeo,
para mi es un pequeño hobi,
de momento no hay nada demostrado que sea malo vapear,
el tabaco: mas de 4000 sustancias y muchas de ellas canceligenas...
el vapeo: muy pocas "4 y alguma mas" y la peor que tiene es 1 la nicotina al igual que el tabaco, pero que la puedes ir reduciendo hasta eliminarla, de ese modo vapearas a 0`0 de nicotina, por lo cual no llevaría nada dañino
El tabaco: todo son incombenientes, y perjudicial para el que lo consume y para el que esta cerca
el vapeo: no se ha demostrado que sea perjudicial para el que lo consume y para los de alrededor es inocuo " no se a demostrado que sean malos los vapores"

con el tabaco no había esperanza y en el vapeo la hemos encontrado

conclusión:
tabaco: 0
vapeo: 9`90

Free6413

ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2013
Spring, Texas
I have worked in construction for over 30 years, smoked for over 35. The effects from vaping could not be any worse than what I have been exposed to over the years! If I can vape and cut back on the amount of chemicals I breath in on a daily basis, then is has to be better. I don't really worry much because I accomplished what I was intending to do. Quit Smoking!

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I do wish there was more information out there though

There is, but good news takes more time to be disseminated. Bad news hits the media in a heartbeat. We know that the FDA tested ecigs in 2009 using chemical spectroscopic analysis and published their results. Ecigs had the same levels of nitrosamines as nicorette gum and that's just the low level of nitrosamines that's in the nicotine itself. The bad stuff just hasn't been found so far.

Then, there's the Drexel University Medical School study. 5 years testing thousands of vapers declared that vaping is no more harmful than working downtown and inhaling the airborne products of combustion and factory output.

The study did say that PG and VG are respiratory risks that are monitored in industry for safe levels of exposure because of their hydrocarbon nature. They went on to add that their testing of PG and VG vapor from e-cigarettes found it well within the levels of workplace exposure that are known to be relatively safe. Sidestream vapor from an e-cigarette is not a concern for bystanders since it is at levels magnitudes lower than the vapor that a vaper inhales.

Just to be on the safe side, we all need to develop a cigar smoker's technique for vaping without inhaling deeply. Shallowly inhaling and using the mouth and sinuses to absorb nic is said to be the safest way to get the nic. Most of the risk to lungs seems to result from the irritant effect of PG and VG.

Peering through the mist: What does the chemistry of contaminants in electronic cigarettes tell us about health risks?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread