Status
Not open for further replies.

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2011
Somewhere out there
Has anyone heard of the Chinese herb Jiaogulan? It helps the body produce endothelial nitric oxide that is essential for all healing. It may just help COPD by having a cup of Jiaogulan tea daily. I use it in everything, the herb is amazing. Just wanted to share incase anyone would like to try it. It is known for helping lung health as well. No I'm not a Dr but do have a medical background :) bnrk

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2011
Somewhere out there
Where can you get the herb, Bnkrwest? Is it available only in health food stores?

If you google it all sorts of places show up, I have seen it on ebay and amazon too. The stuff is amazing. Here is more info on it- Jiaogulan - gynostemma pentaphyllum - China's "Immortality" Herb - Jagulana Herbal Products You can also get it in capsules, but the tea is very good from this site. It only takes 1/8 teaspoon of the powdered form for daily use. I do not even take that much, more of a pinch of it daily. bnrk

wizard10000

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2011
midwestern us
bump since this thread hasn't had a post since May and I was curious how everyone else was doing.

Interesting news - my pulmonologist passed away from a massive heart attack at age 67. He was an avid cyclist and cross-country skier, which just goes to show that exercise will kill you ;)

I have a new pulmonologist but can't get an appointment before December so my primary care physician is managing things for the moment.

I had to go off Symbicort as it made my skin thin and my blood thinner - too many problems with bruising and bleeding if I bumped into something. Switched to 18mg Spiriva which seems to work about as well after about a week. Am on long-term antibiotics now, taking 500mg azithromycin three times a week and I get 160mg of Kenlalog broken down into two injections since it'd be a Really Big Shot about every other month. I did take the Kenalog in one Really Big Shot once and won't do it again as is was kinda painful for a few hours afterward.

Cranked my CPAP machine up from 12 to 14 to 15 to 16 and am sleeping much better and don't wake up feeling quite as sick as I was when it was set at 12.

Things overall are pretty manageable - I won't be running any marathons anytime soon but at least I can mow the lawn these days. All in all things are better than they were six months ago :)

So how's everybody else doing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread