Not open for further replies.

WorksForMe

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2012
N.N., Virginia
Chains, man, Chains! Somebody gonna need a beatin' sooner or later and it'll be handy.

:shock::lol::lol::lol:

Hmm, that actually gives me an idea. I could use the chain and belt loop from a biker wallet and one of those flexi-sleeves from Serenity Gear.:2cool:

Reactions: r77r7r

GinnyTx

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2014
Pearland, TX
yeah our bikes were equipped with cigarette lighters too..I smoked like a chimney the second we got off a freeway (at 70 it's asking for a cherry in the eye) but I vape as does Ed all the time on the bike..we're fixin' to go on a ride with folks here a few minutes and getting my iSticks/tanks ready for the day :thumb:

TorontoOntario

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 13, 2014
Canada
Im being serious here, are you not even a little bit worried about crashing and perishing? Thats why I do not want anything more then my ATV, I would be so worried not about myself really but what if another car hits you? You can be the best rider but a car can still smoke you. On another note, I like that your State allows people to decide on there own if they want to protect there head.

WorksForMe

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2012
N.N., Virginia
Im being serious here, are you not even a little bit worried about crashing and perishing? Thats why I do not want anything more then my ATV, I would be so worried not about myself really but what if another car hits you? You can be the best rider but a car can still smoke you. On another note, I like that your State allows people to decide on there own if they want to protect there head.

They say there are two kinds of bikers. Those that have been down and those that will go down. It's always in the back of your mind, but you can't dwell on it or riding wouldn't be any fun. Why do you think a lot of bikers wear skull patches and such?

Last edited:

Completely Average

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2014
Suburbs of Dallas
Most bikers I know say "I don't worry about my driving, I worry about everyone else."

My response is that I don't ride bikes myself because I do worry about my driving. There are some people who are just too irresponsible and too crazy to ride bikes, and I know I'm one of them. I'm a hardcore adrenaline junkie, and the temptation on a bike would just be too great.

Reactions: Bad Ninja

OcalaFlGuy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 4, 2015
Ocala, Fl
I can't. I wear a full face helmet.

You must just not have needed a ciggie bad enough. ;)

IMG_6164.jpg

Yes, that IS a ciggie hanging out over the chin bar of my white full face...

Bruce in Ocala Fl

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
They say there are two kinds of bikers. Those that have been down and those that will go down. It's always in the back of your mind, but you can't dwell on it or riding wouldn't be any fun. Why do you think a lot of bikers wear skull patches and such?
Skull patches and skulls are for show.
They are part if the look.
It's all good, it doesn't mean anything nefarious, just style.

I should add, I'm a different type of biker when I ride.
My leathers aren't black, no skulls or chains, as they would make me look silly on the GSXR.
;)

OcalaFlGuy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 4, 2015
Ocala, Fl
Actually there is One motorcycle statistic that really matters The Most.

Approximately 72% of the motorcycle/other vehicle accidents occur when The Other vehicle turns LEFT into the path of the bike.

If you will learn to identify Every One of those circumstances and Instantly go to Defcon 1 when you see it. (Cover the brakes, look
for your OUTS!) you'll Greatly reduce your chance of Someone Else taking you out.

That and LOOK where you WANT to go. DON'T look where you DON'T want to go. (It's called target fixation.)

Bruce in Ocala, Fl

TorontoOntario

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 13, 2014
Canada
Interesting perspective my friend. I still think its all to easy for someone else to hit you. I saw this crazy bike accident one time when I was working, or I should say I HERD it because the guy had just turned out of view. He was going crazy fast, must of been 150km easy and me and my buddy jumped in our work van drove around the bend and he had somehow lost control bailed of his bike and ripped his arm half off. He was probally fifty feet from the bike and half his arm was literally hanging off, his jacket and all the skin under it was mangled as were his jeans and legs. Miraculously this guy was conscious and my buddy wrapped a bunch of rags around his arm. The biker actually told me to NOT call 911 but to instead call his DAD because he was riding illegally. I just looked at him like he was mad and dialed 911. He was suited up real good (including a helmet) but he was still in bad shape. His arm was easily the worst but I bet one of his legs if not the hip as well was broken and he had sustained a lot of cuts all over. It was crazy and me personally even before I saw this I have always wanted a bike because I love my dirt bike although I use my ATV more now but I just never pulled the trigger because of the fact that IMO its all to easy to be doing your best on the bike while being the most skilled rider of all time and still someone else can take you out in the blink of an eye and a motorcycle losses vrs any other car pretty much every time I would say.

RedForeman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2010
Georgia
Allow me to address your concerns...
Wow. Just my opinion, but probably one of the dumbest rationalizations of motorcycle safety and protective gear I've seen in my life. That said, it's a personal choice you don't need to justify for anyone. Kind of like choosing to smoke or vape.

PS: Zippos really are windproof, and after a while the novelty of not having hot ashes in your eyes will wear off ;)

Reactions: LMS62

Kanger Banger

Apr 22, 2015
USA
Wow. Just my opinion, but probably one of the dumbest rationalizations of motorcycle safety and protective gear I've seen in my life. That said, it's a personal choice you don't need to justify for anyone. Kind of like choosing to smoke or vape.

PS: Zippos really are windproof, and after a while the novelty of not having hot ashes in your eyes will wear off ;)

Why? What was so "dumb" about it? Was it the grammar? Was it the spelling? I'm curious, since you didn't state one single reason for your harsh adjective. Are you the resident cyber-bully here, promoting smoking on a vaping forum?

I could say the same thing about your postscript, and I'll tell you my reasoning. In my eyes? I wear eye protection, don't you? (do you even ride, bro?) How are things getting in my eyes? I've smoked on bikes for nearly three decades (with no windscreen), and never had ashes in my eyes.

Even if Zippos really were windproof (which they're not), it's the cigarettes that aren't. The wind does something to the cherry of the cigarette, making the tobacco inside burn faster than the paper, leaving weird "runs" of paper streamers fluttering in the wind, and it almost wants to go out, from too much wind. It usually took a few extra puffs to get 'em going again.

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
Why? What was so "dumb" about it? Was it the grammar? Was it the spelling? I'm curious, since you didn't state one single reason for your harsh adjective. Are you the resident cyber-bully here, promoting smoking on a vaping forum?

I could say the same thing about your postscript, and I'll tell you my reasoning. In my eyes? I wear eye protection, don't you? (do you even ride, bro?) How are things getting in my eyes? I've smoked on bikes for nearly three decades (with no windscreen), and never had ashes in my eyes.

Even if Zippos really were windproof (which they're not), it's the cigarettes that aren't. The wind does something to the cherry of the cigarette, making the tobacco inside burn faster than the paper, leaving weird "runs" of paper streamers fluttering in the wind, and it almost wants to go out, from too much wind. It usually took a few extra puffs to get 'em going again.

Red was referring to your claiming helmets aren't needed because you "know how to crash".
Which is quite silly. You can't control every crash and we all know it.
However, I agree that wearing a helmet should be 100% your choice as it doesn't affect anyone's safety but your own.

I, personally, wouldn't be alive today if I didn't wear a helmet, due to a drunk running a stopsign, causing me to t bone the car.
Happened In a blink. Zero time to react. I was thrown about 10 FT and my helmet cracked against the curb.
No amount of "knowing how to crash" would have saved me, but the helmet did.

shatteredsoul76

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 23, 2014
    Portland, TN, USA
    I dont have a bike but I do have a Jeep Wrangler and today I literally realized that I can vape while I drive with the top and doors off, before now it was struggle with trying to smoke while I was driving. I wear contacts and even with sunglasses on I couldnt count how many times a hot ash would find its way into one of my eyes, couldnt imagine trying to do it on a bike. This is another great reason to vape instead!

Reactions: Bad Ninja
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread