Does anyone use an e-pipe that looks like a traditional pipe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Royalgipsy

Dec 7, 2016
I don't wanna interrupt, but isn't it kinda wrong to you to keep to something shaped like a tobacco burner if that is exactly what you want to get away from. Personally I am repulsed by anything related to tobacco. I was a cigarette and pipe smoker, and loved it. I feel that's exactly why I don't even want to hold something that reminds me of it today.. Or do you still miss the tobacco and wishes to smoke if it was safe?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sludge Van Diesel

ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2009
Barnet UK
I don't wanna interrupt, but isn't it kinda wrong to you to keep to something shaped like a tobacco burner if that is exactly what you want to get away from. Personally I am repulsed by anything related to tobacco. I was a cigarette and pipe smoker, and loved it. I feel that's exactly why I don't even want to hold something that reminds me of it today.. Or do you still miss the tobacco and wishes to smoke if it was safe?
I can't help wondering why you smoked in the first place, being that anti tobacco.

As with most things in life, it's down to personal preference. I like the look of traditional pipes. Plus the fact I tend to wear tweed most of the time, trad style suits the Steampunk / Chap / "Vicwardian" image. Look at the photo in my first post, can you really see me using something like a Joyetech Elitar Pipe, Smok Guardian, TW Odyssey Pipe or for that matter an eGo style or APV? Trad styles suit my personal image, so it's a trad style I use.

Who said it was something I wanted to "get away from" anyway??? 8 years ago when I started vaping an M401 (minis are still my go to when not using the pipe), the main objective was to save money & find something to alternate with tobacco (I work from home & found I was chain-smoking the whole day). I just discovered that I prefer the taste of e-liquid to tobacco. There was never a deliberate intention to give up tabacco, it just sort of happened.

I actually love the smok guardian type pipe, it is on my list. I tried it last year an its so comfortable in the hand :)
For the most part I tend to favour uncomplicated draw & go devices. That, coupled with the aesthetic reasons mentioned above rules out Guardian style pipes for me. I kind of like the look of them, but they do look to me like they are something that Martin Landau might carry in Space 1999 (if you're familiar with the show & its props, you'll know what I mean). Hence the reason behind this thread I wanted to see how much of a minority I'm in.

Regarding battery use, my go to pipe for home (ePuffer) use has 1100mAh batteries. Unless I'm vaping particularly heavily, I'll change batteries once a day. It's not as if I don't have tons of batteries for each of my pipes, so it's hardly an issue for me to change them several times a day if I needed to. Less of an issue for me than if I was using a model with a built in battery that the whole unit has to be charged TBH.

Reactions: DC2 and Izan

Carlyle Fitzgerald

Dec 17, 2016
I don't have one, yet, but I do look at them from time to time. I would occasionally pick up a cheap corncob pipe when I used tobacco, and I loved the taste of some pipe tobaccos, like cherry.

I'm going to have to check a few sites, now that you mention it. Last time I looked there were no subohm pipes, which is a requirement for me.

Sludge Van Diesel

ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2009
Barnet UK
I'm going to have to check a few sites, now that you mention it. Last time I looked there were no subohm pipes, which is a requirement for me.
To my knowledge there are no trad style available in sub ohm models. The lowest resistance I've seen in a trad style is 1.5Ω. If you're happy with the look the Joyetech Elitar is 0.05Ω or Smok Guardian 3 is 0.1 - 0.65Ω

Jin_888

ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2012
london
This is the E-pipe 618 - a very dated automatic model that fires a 2.2 ohm 510-threaded cartomiser using a 18350 battery in the pipe bowl. Quite a few of these came my way before Christmas when my partner received a shipment from China which she was meant to forward to Amazon but then the company closed their selling account and she was stuck with them. I sold them to London market traders and on eBay and now they are all gone. Surprising how popular they are compared to regular e-cigs. I tried one for myself but didn't take to it as the draw is quite stiff and it doesn't produce as much vapour/flavour as I would like - but then I'm not used to pipe smoking. Apparently you can swap the tank and atty for a Vivi Nova tank and dual coils for better performance. Still, those who bought the 618 on eBay seem to be very happy going by their feedback. Out of about 200 sold there have been only 2 faulty returns which isn't bad.

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Jin_888

ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2012
london
@Jin_888 It's an auto then?

Doesn't look too dissimilar to my 629s of one of the models I've seen on E Pipes from Petersham Pipes. Tradition & Style plus technology.

Yes auto, which may explain the stiff draw and lack of vapour due to the attenuation. A cigalike can work like this due to the small size but a pipe is a lot longer. In fact, when I was learning about the 618, I found that Petersham Pipes were selling the same model. I think its current range are all successors with improved performance. When we sold out of the 618 on eBay and kept getting enquiries about when new stock was coming (which it wasn't), I directed some people to Petersham Pipes too.

Reactions: MMW

Rathamar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
Mound - Minnesota, USA
Here is a pic of my 3 E-pipes -
30895018581_40613ae38c_z.jpg

A Smok Guardian II (Wood in the back)
Smok Guardian III (Black in the middle) - yes it has a screen so I know it doesn't fit what you are looking for, but believe it or not, I have had people confuse it with a real pipe.
Gandalf Style from EMP.

Reactions: anavidfan

Sludge Van Diesel

ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2009
Barnet UK
Here is a pic of my 3 E-pipes -
30895018581_40613ae38c_z.jpg

A Smok Guardian II (Wood in the back)
Smok Guardian III (Black in the middle) - yes it has a screen so I know it doesn't fit what you are looking for, but believe it or not, I have had people confuse it with a real pipe.
Gandalf Style from EMP.

I think that's the most trad looking I've seen a Guardian II, most of the time I think they look like a bit of a Frankenstein's monster of a vape, because the tanks & whatnot people put on them don't allow the lines to flow.

I quite like the Gandalf, even if it does bulge a bit in the middle.

HauntedMyst

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 18, 2013
Chicago

Why would it be wrong? If you are vaping you are still holding something and still inhaling from that something. Why not it be a pipe instead of a steel tube or plastic box? A pipe can be a beautiful thing. I smoked pipes for years and still have many of them because they are wonderful pieces of craftsman ship and there is no wood like briar. I don't have any vaping pipes because they haven't come close to the real thing for me yet.

Castello1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread