Does anyone use an e-pipe that looks like a traditional pipe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rathamar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
Mound - Minnesota, USA
I think that's the most trad looking I've seen a Guardian II, most of the time I think they look like a bit of a Frankenstein's monster of a vape, because the tanks & whatnot people put on them don't allow the lines to flow.

I quite like the Gandalf, even if it does bulge a bit in the middle.

Ya, I had a tank on the Gandalf that was more streamlined with the stem and 510, but it was an old Kanger Protank mini and just was not giving me the vaper production I was looking for. The Subtank Nano that is on it now preforms more to my tastes.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego

Sludge Van Diesel

ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2009
Barnet UK
16425850_1792335560791904_5428022924378944718_n.jpg

My pipe rack:
L-R (including everything I have at my disposal to vape with at this moment except 2 of the minis which are in their PCC)
Onyx effect EPuffer 605, EPuffer Eco disposable mini (cigalike) (poking up in the background in front of the liquids. Free gift, I didn't buy it), TECC e-pipe II, EPuffer 629 (x2), EPuffer Magnum Snaps mini (cigalike) (x2),ELeaf iJust 2Mini e-cig, EPuffer 609, TECC e-pipe II, Liberro 601 manual.

All pipes except the 601 & 605 have wooden bowls. The TECCs have a 3ml metal internal tank (steel & brass), 629s a 3.5ml tank. The 609 takes 2ml disposable tanks or 510 thread cigalike cartos. 605s have their own (AFAIK) cartos, which are soon to be discontinued, maybe 3ml, not sure. 601 takes the same cartos as the 609.

More liquids & my spare batteries are stored inside the humidor section.

Last edited:

Jin_888

ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2012
london
Not exactly traditional but just saw it and thought it may be of interest:

WITCHER STALIN E-PIPE

HTB1.VF9PXXXXXaCXFXXq6xXFXXXI.jpg

HTB1ENxHPXXXXXbqapXXq6xXFXXXe.jpg

HTB1woudPXXXXXaaXpXXq6xXFXXXx.jpg

HTB1Eth3PXXXXXXPXVXXq6xXFXXX2.jpg

HTB1SpWjPXXXXXboXXXXq6xXFXXX8.jpg
STALIN E Pipe 60W Electronic Cigarette Kit 3.0ml Huge Vapor Atomizer Adjustable Airflow Control Vaporizer Hookah Pen

Special Feature:

1. Stylish Design Conform to Ergonomics,Can Stand on the Table

2. Long Drip Tip Cooling Down Cloud Temperature More Easily

3. Sub Ohm Atomizer with 0.3/0.5ohm Coil to Produce Huge Vapor and Pure Taste

4. 3.0ml Tank,Top Refill,Bottom Airflow,Bottom Airflow Adjustment, Bottom Coil Change

5. No Leaking、No Oil Splashing、No Oil Inhalation into Mouth

6. Built-in 18350 Battery,7 kinds of Battery Protection

7. 3 LED Colors Indicator to Show the Status of Battery Power

Reactions: DC2

Darth Omerta

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2015
When I first started vaping the only e-pipe I could find(locally and within my budget) was the Kamry K1000. The rest were a bit over priced as compared to other mods and I wasnt overly excited about adding shipping to an already high price tag. I bought the Kamry and got it in the "wood" color so it looked more traditional. I had the worst experience with them! First of all Moochs battery chart wasnt around then and neither was a reliable 18350 battery, the only cell I could get was eFest, besides, I didnt know any better right? Im not blaming the battery for this but the wires would burn on me after about a month. Im not proud of this but it took me 3 replacements(4 kamrys total that I ended up buying) to finally realize that it was the model itself. I also found the tank quite problematic, I always had leaking problems with it.

After finally giving up I ended up getting 2 Hammer mechanical mods. Loved these things from day one and then when I found out you could modify the switch so that you could put the battery in line with the atty I was blown away! As it turned out modding the switch wasnt for me, I was always living in fear of an autofire accident so I transformed that one into a build station and still use my other Hammer to this day.

I would LOVE to get my hands on a proper traditional style e-pipe but Im quite specific in my search. I want it to house an 18650 battery, in line with the atty, it must look traditional and preferably firing button on top of the bowl. Mech or Regulated doesnt matter as long as it can do what I want it to do based on my build. Still searching!

Sludge Van Diesel

ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2009
Barnet UK
Not exactly traditional but just saw it and thought it may be of interest:
HTB1.VF9PXXXXXaCXFXXq6xXFXXXI.jpg

HTB1ENxHPXXXXXbqapXXq6xXFXXXe.jpg

That's a weird looking beastie! I kind of like the look of it, but I'm not sure about the fact that when it's "the right way up" the fire button is on the underside. One to watch but I'll wait until TPD kicks in to see how easily available the coils become once the tank is illegal.

After finally giving up I ended up getting 2 Hammer mechanical mods. Loved these things from day one and then when I found out you could modify the switch so that you could put the battery in line with the atty I was blown away! As it turned out modding the switch wasnt for me, I was always living in fear of an autofire accident so I transformed that one into a build station and still use my other Hammer to this day.

I would LOVE to get my hands on a proper traditional style e-pipe but Im quite specific in my search. I want it to house an 18650 battery, in line with the atty, it must look traditional and preferably firing button on top of the bowl. Mech or Regulated doesnt matter as long as it can do what I want it to do based on my build. Still searching!

I've just acquired a Hammer & I've coupled it with a Nautilus Mini tank. I love it to pieces!

I don't know if you'll ever get a trad looking pipe with anything other than an 18350 upright in the bowl. I agree having an 18650 in line with the atty would be great, but it would have to increase the diameter of the shank, making it bigger overall to keep the proportions nice.

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
As per the title, e-pipes that actually look like some form of tobacco pipe. Not something that looks like your local plumber has knocked up for you, not with screens & readout displays. Something that looks at first glance like you'd pop a bit of shag in it & light it*.

Be it a custom made bespoke item or an off the shelf model.

I have several different models & I'm curious to see how much of a minority I'm in.

* I'll allow models with visible tanks (because a couple of mine have) as long as it doesn't look like a prop from Space 1999

15170964_1878475499105927_8284377752680542445_n.jpg

That is a great pipe, Ive been wanting a nice E-pipe, but the ones I like are either one of a kind or I could not afford unless I sold most of my collection.

Great mustache. Im glad to see that men are sporting classics like that. I think I watch Tombstone just to see all the face hair. I wish us gals could sport side burns and a nice stache.... I know that is weird but. I keep trying to get my man and sons to grow theirs out and wax them.

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
Why would it be wrong? If you are vaping you are still holding something and still inhaling from that something. Why not it be a pipe instead of a steel tube or plastic box? A pipe can be a beautiful thing. I smoked pipes for years and still have many of them because they are wonderful pieces of craftsman ship and there is no wood like briar. I don't have any vaping pipes because they haven't come close to the real thing for me yet.

View attachment 630829

Hi Haunted, that is also an amazing pipe, I bet that one was a pretty penny..... I think I found a new obsession. To find a great epipe. Im gonna have to pull out my good jewelry to fund this madness.

Sludge Van Diesel

ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2009
Barnet UK
That is a great pipe, Ive been wanting a nice E-pipe, but the ones I like are either one of a kind or I could not afford unless I sold most of my collection.
The pipe in the photo in the post you quoted is an EPuffer 629 (their US site > E-Pipe 629 | Vape Pipe | ePipe | Electronic Pipe | ePuffer Vape ). Up until I got Balthazar (which is my sitting at home having a good vape pipe) it was my go to pipe (of the 8 I had at the time). It is still my out & about pipe, trustworthy & a good vape. It's a bit more expensive than most off the shelf pipes (but it is a quality product), but nowhere near the price of some of the custom jobs.

I've got a number of pipes from various manufacturers that I use depending on my mood & all are good, but the 629 is the solid workhorse of an all day vape. I would recommend it if you're looking for a dependable middle ground between cheap & cheerful production models & expensive one off pipes.

Sludge Van Diesel

ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2009
Barnet UK
16425850_1792335560791904_5428022924378944718_n.jpg

My pipe rack:
L-R (including everything I have at my disposal to vape with at this moment except 2 of the minis which are in their PCC)
Onyx effect EPuffer 605, EPuffer Eco disposable mini (cigalike) (poking up in the background in front of the liquids. Free gift, I didn't buy it), TECC e-pipe II, EPuffer 629 (x2), EPuffer Magnum Snaps mini (cigalike) (x2),ELeaf iJust 2Mini e-cig, EPuffer 609, TECC e-pipe II, Liberro 601 manual.

All pipes except the 601 & 605 have wooden bowls. The TECCs have a 3ml metal internal tank (steel & brass), 629s a 3.5ml tank. The 609 takes 2ml disposable tanks or 510 thread cigalike cartos. 605s have their own (AFAIK) cartos, which are soon to be discontinued, maybe 3ml, not sure. 601 takes the same cartos as the 609.

More liquids & my spare batteries are stored inside the humidor section.
Since the above post I gained a Hammer. Then lost the Hammer, my 601 :)( it was my oldest pipe), one of the TECCs & the Magnum Snaps (my van was broken in to). Then gained another Hammer & Balthazar
Most of mine are autos. Those that are manual have a small (more or less flush to the bowl) button above where the stem meets the bowl, just where your thumb rests. This feels comfortable & natural. On top just feels uncomfortable to me.
Since the theft, my pipes are now 50/50 auto/manual & all the manuals have top fire buttons. As a consequence of this I have developed 2 positions to hold them that I find comfortable, one uses the index finger to fire, the other the thumb. I use one or the other depending on which pipe I'm using.

Sludge Van Diesel

ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2009
Barnet UK
Hey Sludge any luck in finding all the gear you had stolen?
No, I figure it was probably dumped somewhere once the thieves realised the camera bag didn't contain a camera. They'd be of no use to anyone not into vaping & a niche item at best to anyone who was. Apart from the USB battery pack they were the most valuable items in the bag, so the whole thing was probably worthless to them & discarded.

Can't replace the TECC pipe, but I've got another (besides the fact I'll soon be out of atties & it'll be obsolete then anyway), so that's no great loss. The 601 only had sentimental value as it was my oldest working pipe, but I'm generally moving away from cartos anyway. I might have got a 510 extender for it if I still had it, but not worth replacing, so I bought Balthazar. I found a supplier with a small supply of the Tobecco version of the Hammer (same as my old one) & forked out £20 for another. My local vape shop manager felt sorry for me & gave me another ex-taste tester Nautilus Mini for it. So all is good pretty much. OK, I've got less pipes now, but they're all good performers & I've got my eye on a couple for when I've got a bit more cash & my Mum said to pick a good one for her to get me for my birthday. I'll post pictures on this thread when the new additions arrive (don't hold your breath though, birthday's not til June)

Reactions: Darth Omerta

Sludge Van Diesel

ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2009
Barnet UK
Joyetech elitar pipe is a good choice.
It may well be, but it doesn't look like a trad style pipe, so doesn't fit the criteria of this thread (which I started to find out just how much of a niche us trad style e-pipers are). I always think of one of these whenever I see an Elitar & I can picture Martin Landau sitting behind his desk on Moonbase Alpha puffing on one.
1999web-004.jpg

It also uses the same coils as the Cubis & Cubis Mini (the Elitar that is, not the comlock), which can be a bit hit & miss (I've got a Cubis Mini, so I know from experience)

As of today my 609 takes tanks (thanks to a 510 to 510 extender) & now sports a Nautilus Mini with a K1000 style stem.

Only the 605 takes cartos now & I'm thinking that'll have to have a full conversion to 510 manual when I run out (unless I can find somebody who sells the carts once EPuffer stops)

Reactions: Bad Ninja
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread